Home

UPDATED SIM SLIDERS...NOTHING LIKE YOUV'E SEEN BEFORE

This is a discussion on UPDATED SIM SLIDERS...NOTHING LIKE YOUV'E SEEN BEFORE within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: UPDATED SIM SLIDERS...NOTHING LIKE YOUV'E SEEN BEFORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccerbiggie2307
I originally made my own sliders as i believe that alot of sliders out there are said to be close to 'real life', only because the sliders have been made based around the creators skill level. So with that knowledge I rarely enjoy using other peoples sliders and have been doing that since 09.

However just simply out of curiosity I tried these sliders, and can safely say they provide a solid experience with no
frustrations or moments that make you roll your eyes or shout at the screen "WTF?!?!?". They are worth a try and have MASSIVE potential. Just need a few tweaks here and there.

I randomized the teams on play now.

1st game -

Falcons (HUM) vs. Saints (CPU) Score: 7 - 17

I only had time to play 1 half.

Things looked promising so I recorded the stats and played another game when I got home.

MIN (CPU) vs. SD(HUM) Score: 17-41

Close til the 3rd quarter. Didnt record stats. Made a few tweaks and played a 3rd.

Cowboys (HUM) vs. Packers (CPU) Score: 23 - 14

Romo - 17/23 231yds - 2 TD's
Rodgers - 14/31 - 257yds - 2 TD's

D.Beuhler - 3/3 FG att

M.Barber - 16att, 54yds
R.Grant - 18att - 61yds

Dez Bryant - 6 catches, 54yds
M. Austin - 2 catches, 18yds
R.Williams - 3 catches, 66yds
P.Crayton - 3 catches, 28yds
J.Witten - 3 catches - 65yds

G.Jennings - 5 catches, 123yds
D.Driver - 4 catches, 41yds
D.Lee - 3 catches, 67yds
J.Nelson - 1 catch, 12yds
J.Finley - 1 catch, 15yds

DAL - 3 sacks, 0 INTS, 1 FUMBLE, 2 FUMBLE REC
GB - 2 sacks, 0 INTS, 1 FUMBLE

Comments -

In full honesty, the score and stats makes the DAL/GB game seem closer and more competitive than it actually was. All 14 points from Greenbay came in the 4th, hence the low pass completion but for big yards. Alot of the incomplete passes from Rodgers came from passes that were thrown as he was hit, or just before he was hit so therefore they were bad throws.

Run game was solid. Longest run I think from Barber would have been 11yds. Tough D from both teams and made the game less lopsided like it normally is. I never broke big runs but it made the 3rd down attempts easier and just sdged both teams down the field.

I read your earlier posts about switching the pass rush down or up depending on the position i played. I have taken it upon myself to play D-line as when I play LB i can pretty much shut out a team due to being able to cut out of my assignment for the play and aid the area of the field that is wide open. (If that makes sense) Hence what I think caused the poor passing stats on pretty much all my games.

I did make the HUMAN offense slightly less dominating by -

Reducing - Broken Tackles from 90 to 0.

This means the running is less about the ducking and weaving and more about the O line providing good holes and capitalizing on defenses mistakes. It also adds another dimension to power or scat backs. As the break tackles is much lower, the power backs can benefit due to falling a good 3/4 yds further forward when tackled. While having a quick scat back means you want to use the speed to hit the hole and get as far up field or to the sideline before being closed down. Provides and interesting contrast and is worth a go. And before you s**t your pants, a power back can still break at least 2 tackles a game with it on 0.

Put the CPU Pass reaction to 95
Put HUM pass blocking to 90 and CPU pass rushing to 100
Also am going to put the HUM pass rushing to 75

Am now about to start another game playing as the D - line in a hope that with me not playing as LB, a few more plays go over the middle and there are less plays where I can stuff the run.

Good work fella. Will update soon.
Hey thanks for the feedback. I like where your going with the sliders. Keep me up to date
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #26
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

LOL...these sliders struggling quite a bit huh?
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 08-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
LOL...these sliders struggling quite a bit huh?
whats the question?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Am back with alot to update with. Got some good points and some bad.

First off, the good. After ALOT of tweaking and many many games, I finally got a fair result and along the lines of what i would expect.

DAL (CPU) vs. SF (HUM) Score: 33 - 23

Romo 21/32 for 340yds 3td
Smith 25/36 324yds 2td 2int

Barber 17att 44yds
Gore 10att 44yds 1 td
Jones 4att 8yds 1td

Willis 10 tackles

DAL 5 sacks
SF 0 sacks

Now the stats arent all believable. I was only at 173yds with Smith at the beginning of the 4th and the score was 23 - 7 aswell. I kinda turned things on a bit and really had to start looking deep if i was in for any chance. Running games were average. I wouldnt expect to see any RB to pick up huge gains with a LB making10 tackles and the DL picking up a total of 6 TFL. So those piece together nicely.

The INTS were my fault. Tried to force things too much. So all in all a solid outcome, and with a bit of passing toned down, I think you could get somewhere.

THE BAD NEWS -

I have had to move completely away from the "Human at rookie, the CPU at All madden".

I have had to make it so that the human sliders are very difficult in order to balance the two offenses and defenses. Before I did this, the scores i got were -

HOU (HUM) vs. PIT (CPU) 25 - 10
ATL (HUM) vs. IND (CPU) 27 - 24
NYJ (CPU) vs. KC (HUM) 17 - 31 Also to note on this matchup, J.Charles ran for 149 yds on 18 attempts. Not good for a no. 1 ranked run D.

I had managed to get the Human scores down to a good level as that was what alot of people had problems with, scoring waaaay too many points. But then the CPU had nothing to come back with.

Things had to be changed up. This is what I have edited

Human Sliders

QB Accuracy - 40
Pass BLK - 85
WR catch - 55

Pass reaction time - 34
Pass rush - 45

Run BLK - 65

Run reaction time - 38
BLK Shedding - 32
Tackling - 40

CPU
Run BLK 100
Run reaction time - 100

Pass reaction time - 100

FALSE START PENALTY TO - 30 ( I think with the 100 run blk, the CPU seems to jump allllll the time now)

Speed threshold to - 89 (With it at 25, CB's and WR's were able to win the matchup simply based on their speed. The first game of ATL/IND, i was shutting Manning down. Changed the threshold to 89, restarted the game, Manning then played like Manning. The score wasnt great but he made his passes for a change.

I am going to play few games later with these settings and see if i get similar outcomes as the DAL/SF game. I am going to re-play all the previous games and see if i get more true results.

I think the main thing to remember is that the Human sliders dont have to be high like the CPU sliders are in order to create a 'professional like' experience. As a human is in control, the decisions that are made and how we pass and go through our progressions wont change much based on the sliders we use. All the sliders do is change the outcome. The main thing to focus on is making the CPU play like a professional which has been the biggest problem of Madden over the years. So although I have changed alot around, it has all been focused at the Human sliders which means CPU offenses can run down a HUMAN defense if they have the better players.

This has always been the biggest problem with madden as no matter the team you play, you would still be able to send them home as the CPU offense always had nothing. (I remember playing a season as the Jaguars and running the Colts out every time we played.) Then, YOUR offense would spend so much time on the pitch that it then looks like Madden lacks and competitive defense to work against. In fact this is not the case as if any team could have their offense on the pitch the majority of the game then you would see outcomes similar to madden.

So in other words you have done right to make the CPU offensive sliders so much higher than the normal sliders out there. Gives a good foundation to work with. I will still work on them and hope I can find the perfect formula. I think a good idea now is to use your CPU sliders but at the same time hunt down the right HUMAN sliders to fit in.

Will update with any news.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccerbiggie2307
Am back with alot to update with. Got some good points and some bad.

First off, the good. After ALOT of tweaking and many many games, I finally got a fair result and along the lines of what i would expect.

DAL (CPU) vs. SF (HUM) Score: 33 - 23

Romo 21/32 for 340yds 3td
Smith 25/36 324yds 2td 2int

Barber 17att 44yds
Gore 10att 44yds 1 td
Jones 4att 8yds 1td

Willis 10 tackles

DAL 5 sacks
SF 0 sacks

Now the stats arent all believable. I was only at 173yds with Smith at the beginning of the 4th and the score was 23 - 7 aswell. I kinda turned things on a bit and really had to start looking deep if i was in for any chance. Running games were average. I wouldnt expect to see any RB to pick up huge gains with a LB making10 tackles and the DL picking up a total of 6 TFL. So those piece together nicely.

The INTS were my fault. Tried to force things too much. So all in all a solid outcome, and with a bit of passing toned down, I think you could get somewhere.

THE BAD NEWS -

I have had to move completely away from the "Human at rookie, the CPU at All madden".

I have had to make it so that the human sliders are very difficult in order to balance the two offenses and defenses. Before I did this, the scores i got were -

HOU (HUM) vs. PIT (CPU) 25 - 10
ATL (HUM) vs. IND (CPU) 27 - 24
NYJ (CPU) vs. KC (HUM) 17 - 31 Also to note on this matchup, J.Charles ran for 149 yds on 18 attempts. Not good for a no. 1 ranked run D.

I had managed to get the Human scores down to a good level as that was what alot of people had problems with, scoring waaaay too many points. But then the CPU had nothing to come back with.

Things had to be changed up. This is what I have edited

Human Sliders

QB Accuracy - 40
Pass BLK - 85
WR catch - 55

Pass reaction time - 34
Pass rush - 45

Run BLK - 65

Run reaction time - 38
BLK Shedding - 32
Tackling - 40

CPU
Run BLK 100
Run reaction time - 100

Pass reaction time - 100

FALSE START PENALTY TO - 30 ( I think with the 100 run blk, the CPU seems to jump allllll the time now)

Speed threshold to - 89 (With it at 25, CB's and WR's were able to win the matchup simply based on their speed. The first game of ATL/IND, i was shutting Manning down. Changed the threshold to 89, restarted the game, Manning then played like Manning. The score wasnt great but he made his passes for a change.

I am going to play few games later with these settings and see if i get similar outcomes as the DAL/SF game. I am going to re-play all the previous games and see if i get more true results.

I think the main thing to remember is that the Human sliders dont have to be high like the CPU sliders are in order to create a 'professional like' experience. As a human is in control, the decisions that are made and how we pass and go through our progressions wont change much based on the sliders we use. All the sliders do is change the outcome. The main thing to focus on is making the CPU play like a professional which has been the biggest problem of Madden over the years. So although I have changed alot around, it has all been focused at the Human sliders which means CPU offenses can run down a HUMAN defense if they have the better players.

This has always been the biggest problem with madden as no matter the team you play, you would still be able to send them home as the CPU offense always had nothing. (I remember playing a season as the Jaguars and running the Colts out every time we played.) Then, YOUR offense would spend so much time on the pitch that it then looks like Madden lacks and competitive defense to work against. In fact this is not the case as if any team could have their offense on the pitch the majority of the game then you would see outcomes similar to madden.

So in other words you have done right to make the CPU offensive sliders so much higher than the normal sliders out there. Gives a good foundation to work with. I will still work on them and hope I can find the perfect formula. I think a good idea now is to use your CPU sliders but at the same time hunt down the right HUMAN sliders to fit in.

Will update with any news.
good to hear...i like that you still kept the pass blocking and run blocking high. I think those sliders were meant to be high. i like the idea of the threshold slider at 85. This might also create more separation on comeback routes.

i think you are correct. I am a big advocate of lowering the human rush defense sliders. you were right to lower them. A few weeks back i had a set of sliders that had the cpu run blocking at 65 and broken tackles at 40. I put the human rush defense sliders at 5 for them and 15 for tackling. Needless to say the cpu ran effective and like a professional, but the overall game did not feel right. guys were still just standing there at times because of the low slider #'s. With the sliders being high and working down, you have created that same scenerio, but with smarter players.

thanks for your hard work.......i think we are def on to something here

keep up the good work
Old 08-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

I came across these slider settings a few days ago, I had been trying the same thing when I first got the game as well, so wise nice to see a few guys trying them out. I felt that low slider settings were not really giving a realistic feel to the game. I rarely saw any great plays, sideline catches, big hits, great blocks etc. Using higher slider settings seems "smoother" and the CPU offense actually moves the ball effectively with long drives, rather than 4 or 5 plays and a score, so I agree with you totally on the playability of the game. Double team blocking is better and so on. Your now able to see 10+ drives on some cases with some teams. You have to really play the situation whether its run or pass. If your up against a great D you will struggle if you have a mediocre offense and vice verse.

I urge you guys to try this slider setting out and let me know how it goes. You should get fairly realistic stats and scoreline.

I play 15 min QTR's with a 25 sec run off (I do however make adjustments at the line and call audibles when needed, so I snap the ball with a few seconds to spare) PS - (EA needs to fix the CPU QB snapping the ball, It's just way to fast, the QB will pretty much snap the ball as soon as he gets under center.) We are looking at getting roughly 120 plays a game.

Penalties
Offside: 65
False Start: 52
Holding:
Facemask:
Defensive PI: 80
Offensive PI: 90
KR/PR Interference: 100
Clipping:
Intentional Grounding: 100
Roughing the Passer: 85
Roughing the Kicker: 85

Auto-Sub Sliders (Thanks to TTroj52)
OUT/IN
QB: 45/50

RB: 80/83
WR: 77/82
FB/TE: 71/76
OL: 22/27
DT: 79/84
DE: 79/84
LB: 75/80
CB: 65/71
S: 47/52

HUM/CPU
QB Accurecy 10 - 95
Pass Blocking 80 - 100
WR Catching 60 - 95

Break Tackles 75 - 95
Run Blocking 75 - 100
FUM 45 - 60

Reaction Time 50 - 95
INT 50 - 95
Pass Rushing 90 - 100

Reaction Time 40 - 100
Block Shedding 50 - 100
Tackling 95 - 95

QTR: 15 Mintues
ACC Clock: 25 Seconds
Auto strafe: On
Auto sprint: Off
Injuries: 40
Fatigue: 55
Game Speed: Slow
Player Minimum Threshold: 35

You need to make sure you have Auto sprint set to OFF as this helps you find the running lanes a lot easier. If you are having an easy time passing lower the QB ACC to 10, If your having an easy time running lower the RB by 5 each time till it feels satisfactory. Ill have another game in a bit and see what tweeking might need to be made after some comments. I do use GAMEFLOW as well guys, which leads to at least 25 rushes a game from my team. Leave comments if you have tried it without gameflow.

PS - great thread and slider set guys, l have the faith that these type of slider settings are the way to go.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #31
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

@ celg35

Good set of sliders here buddy. Its good to see so many different combination of custom sliders working for everyone. There has to be more than 50 different combinations that will give similar and realistic results this year.

I love this years Madden, I have not had fun playing Madden since 2001 when sliders worked very well, almost perfect I say.

When you get a chance try out my sliders and let me know what you think. Keep up the great work buddy.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #32
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Can anyone tell me how these compare to mike32's? I'm looking for some a little harder than his.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »