Home

Which sliders affect what players?

This is a discussion on Which sliders affect what players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 03:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Which sliders affect what players?

Hi, and thanks for all the great work people are doing in this subforum.

One thing i think should be clarified thou, is - like the subject says - which sliders affect what players? I think im not alone in not knowing exactly, and i think it would help a lot of people to get more out of the game if someone with slider experience would clarify it.

If i change the human sliders, does it affect ONLY the human-controlled PLAYER, or the whole team?

And also, if i change the CPU settings, does it affect ALL CPU players on BOTH teams, or just the CPU team?

The reason i'd like to know it, is i dont want to use sliders where different players play by different rules. I'd like a set where all players are on a level playing field, but since the slider system really isnt documented anywhere, the only way to know these things is by experience.

So, slider gurus, please let us know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 03:09 AM   #2
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Which sliders affect what players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaV
Hi, and thanks for all the great work people are doing in this subforum.

One thing i think should be clarified thou, is - like the subject says - which sliders affect what players? I think im not alone in not knowing exactly, and i think it would help a lot of people to get more out of the game if someone with slider experience would clarify it.

If i change the human sliders, does it affect ONLY the human-controlled PLAYER, or the whole team?

And also, if i change the CPU settings, does it affect ALL CPU players on BOTH teams, or just the CPU team?

The reason i'd like to know it, is i dont want to use sliders where different players play by different rules. I'd like a set where all players are on a level playing field, but since the slider system really isnt documented anywhere, the only way to know these things is by experience.

So, slider gurus, please let us know
It affects the whole team, not just HUM controlled. So say you have run blocking at 0, then your offensive line which is the CPU(since you don't control them) will not block at all. Same with the CPU settings, it affects the entire CPU team not yours at all. So if you put the CPU run blocking at 100 then they will block amazingly and your team would still suck at blocking. Hope this is somewhat clear
Old 08-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

Great answer. Also was thinking this same thing.
So in a CPU vs. CPU type of franchise (coach mode, for example) SAME settings for both CPU and Human team would be the way to go!!!

Follow-up question...
Do the SLIDER settings actually affect a "simmed" game in franchise (or is the simming all hard-coded into the game already and the sliders only affect games in which you either coach, participate or spectate.
I'm guessing YES, the slider affect simming, but can anyone confirm?

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Old 08-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
It affects the whole team, not just HUM controlled. So say you have run blocking at 0, then your offensive line which is the CPU(since you don't control them) will not block at all. Same with the CPU settings, it affects the entire CPU team not yours at all. So if you put the CPU run blocking at 100 then they will block amazingly and your team would still suck at blocking. Hope this is somewhat clear

I don't agree with you at all. When you adjust the sliders for the cpu, it actually does affect the cpu players on the human team. If you don't believe me try it out.

Use this for a test:

Lower the CPU's tackling to 0 and the Human's to anything you want. The CPU controlled players on your team will not tackle unless you yourself take control of them.

Also try it with break tackling. It is so evident, you can't miss it. That is why most people can't get sliders to work properly, you have to find the median for both the cpu and human players. I have about 5 different combination of sliders that give me realistic results.

I have a slider set that will make both the human and cpu put together 9+ minute drives, most of the times they end up in 3 pts and I love that set. With this set though, you have to be very careful on defense against the cpu, one bad call and they will make you pay for it with 6pts.

So I know for a fact that the cpu sliders affect all cpu players, not just for the cpu but for the human cpu players too. If im wrong, I want someone from EA to come in here and prove me wrong.

You also have to put together a good fatigue setting that compliments your auto subs. If you want to see good defensive games, you have to make it to where the defense will be tired as hell on a 9 minute drive. I believe that an auto sub out of 80 and an auto sub in of 85 will do that on defenseo. But you have to be careful who you give that setting to.

Fatigue slider should be 55-60 so you can see the effects of a long sustained drive by the offense. Doing this will allow you to see the cpu subbing in for their starters, that is when your offense becomes the most dangerous, and vice-versa.

So the fatigue and auto sub settings has a lot to do with how people need to set up slider settings. They go hand in hand.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg

Last edited by CAG CheechDogg; 08-16-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Well I respectively disagree with you (even though you are a Skins fan), but if its working for you than thats great. But if you look at other video games like NBA 2K and NHL, if you lower HUM sliders of speed in NHL 10 then your CPU players will be considerably slower. Same with 2K if you set HUM rebounding at 0 then your CPU controlled players won't rebound a thing. USER sliders mean everyone on the USER team including CPU controlled players. CPU means everyone on the CPU side. I'm just going off of games that I've played in the past and have been using sliders for a long time now and haven't had any problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Pro

CAG CheechDogg's Arena

It's ok if you disagree. I respect that. But while everyone is having fits about all the slider sets that get posted, I am having fun with 1 set in my franchise.

I get the cpu to run when they should, i.e., I played 3 games vs the Rams and Steven Jackson broke over 130 yards each game. Now from a player like Jackson I expect that given the ratings he has in the game. Bradford only had over 200 yards 1 game, all the others were under 200.

I played 3 games vs the Cowboys, and they couldn't run like Jackson did, I held the Cowboys to under 100 yards each game. Romo how ever passed for 300 yards in 200 games which is realistic.

I played the Texans and Slaton got 100 yards on me once out of the 3 games. Shaub passed for over 250 yards in 2 games which is also realistic.

I believe I fully understand how sliders work , that is why I have no problems putting together different combination of sliders that can produce good games for just about anyone.

Gamertag: CAG CheechDogg
Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

so basically what you are saying is that if I put the pass defense reaction slider up to like say 80 on CPU skill then the CPU players on my team will react in accordance to that slider set?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »