Home

Started Using Myskill

This is a discussion on Started Using Myskill within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Started Using Myskill

Started using it this week and am pretty happy so far. I got sick of messing with sliders. The games feel very balanced and realistic. I feel like I have to mix it up on playcalls and be precise offensively.

Anything I should know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Started Using Myskill

After 10-15 games it can get ridiculous, or at least it did in years past. It gets to the point where your RB will fumble over and over, or your defense starts playing silly so the CPU can make plays. It may not be like that this year though, let us know because I am interested in using it too.

― Plato
Old 10-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

I don't really like it, because to me it imbalances the game. For example instead of the A.I. adapting to your run game by calling better plays or making adjustments, "my skill" makes your A.I. teammates incapable of holding blocks against even weak run stoppers.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I don't really like it, because to me it imbalances the game. For example instead of the A.I. adapting to your run game by calling better plays or making adjustments, "my skill" makes your A.I. teammates incapable of holding blocks against even weak run stoppers.

I haven't seen that yet. Only a few games so far. I got a 28-14 lead in the 4th and was expecting to see "comeback A.I." but my RB kept plugging away and wore down the D for a 35-17 win.

Have you played it a lot this season? Like Canes 21 said, I know it used to be that way. I think they may have fine-tuned it.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I haven't seen that yet. Only a few games so far. I got a 28-14 lead in the 4th and was expecting to see "comeback A.I." but my RB kept plugging away and wore down the D for a 35-17 win.

Have you played it a lot this season? Like Canes 21 said, I know it used to be that way. I think they may have fine-tuned it.
Nope, still the same way. After one season your team will become the worst team in the NFL. You skill will have risen to the All Madden level if your good. The All Madden level simply lowers the ability of your team, while adjusting the ability of the cpu team on the fly. The MY skill level is perfect for beginners, because it gives assistance where your bad, but to a seasoned Madden player, it's no better than playing on All pro for a week, and then moving to the all Madden difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Nope, still the same way. After one season your team will become the worst team in the NFL. You skill will have risen to the All Madden level if your good. The All Madden level simply lowers the ability of your team, while adjusting the ability of the cpu team on the fly. The MY skill level is perfect for beginners, because it gives assistance where your bad, but to a seasoned Madden player, it's no better than playing on All pro for a week, and then moving to the all Madden difficulty.

This is what I am afraid of. I am in week 4. So by week 17 it'll be a mess? Hmmmm, I guess I can always go back to a custom slider set.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #7
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

yeah...there's a reason why everyone and their sister has a slider set up lol

Old 11-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Damn, now I'm worried. I was just about to post how happy I was with "My Skill" after only 4 games. I began a season with the Lions and beat the Bears in Chicago 63-7 in week one using whatever the default slider set is. Also, 8 minute quarters with 15 second runoff, normal speed. Stafford 15-18 for 266 yards, 3 TDs 0 picks. Jahvid Best 21 carries 236 yards 4 TDs.

For my second game, I went to turn it up a notch and noticed the "My Skill" option. I thought it sounded brilliant and just went with that. Won game two against the Eagles 45-28. Stafford 12-17 for 155 with 1 TD 0 int. Best 28 carries 218 yards 4 TDs. Slight improvement.

Game three, upped the quarters to 10 minutes, still with 15 second runoff. 63-14 win over the Vikings. I started to lose hope on "My Skill" but convinced myself it just needed more games to really fine tune itself. Stafford 14-20, 192 yards, 2 TDs 0 int. Best 30 carries 339 yards 7 TDs (seriously). I figured the third game on "My Skill" would really start to yield closer results, but it didn't happen that way at all. So...

On to the 4th game. This is where I really started to notice a difference. Won 22-14 against the Packers in GB. Only scored 1 TD, and 5 Jason Hanson FGs. The CPU AI certainly felt adjusted, my O-Line was blown up quite a few times on runs. Stafford 14-23, 203 yards 1 TD 0 int. Best 26 carries 95 yards 0 TDs. The Packers stuffed the running game, and it was actually pleasant to see. Best couldn't find many creases.

So, excited about my results I came here to see if others were finding similar results with "My Skill" and hopefully can provide some updates on how the difficulty is working for them early and also late into a season/franchise. Now I'm afraid to continue after reading the above posts about how difficult it becomes. Is anyone else using "My Skill" ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »