Home

Schnaidt1's Patch 2 slider update, new way of creating sliders! must read

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's Patch 2 slider update, new way of creating sliders! must read within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Schnaidt1's Patch 2 slider update, new way of creating sliders! must read

*****updated!!!****** scroll down for more info!!

so my version 3.1 and 4.1 have done pretty well on here as far as views and ratings go. with a new patch coming out, i felt it necessary to re examine the slider set i had and how i created them.

now i am not sure about other slider creators, but i made my sliders based off of my franchise team which typically is a bad team i plan on rebuilding. the problem with this is what if someone uses the patriots? what if someone has a higher skill level than me, what if its lower? its near impossible to make a solid slider set when basing it off of ur franchise team and your skill level. so i thought to myself, why not come up with a whole new way of testing sliders that can can help remove some of the control factors that is the players skill.

UPDATED 10/24/2011 people were having good scoring games with my previous sliders, but running for both sides was not right, and so it left the game feeling not right. i set out out make some adjustments to my previous method for coming up with sliders. this time instead of just taking 2 teams with a solid d vs a solid offense. i took the best rated player at every position and put them on that team, example. i was planning on putting the patriots offense against the eagles defense, i went through and put the best offensive players in the nfl at every postion on the patriots, i did the same for the eagles cept defensively. it was essentially the pro bowl. i felt this would help get things more accurate than before because some teams would have had better receivers or rbs or cbs etc. this way. no matter who you play. no team will be better at any position.

in addition to this, i did alot more testing. AND I MEAN ALOT!!. i also decided to start everything for hum and cpu and move up from their. this took alot longer, but in my opinion was well worth it. i tested in practice mode, when i was finally done. i put it in real game to play and keep testing. i played 2 games as only the patriots on offense super simming the rest. and 2 games as eagles on defense super simming the rest. on offense i averaged 2.8 ypc with AP over both games. i like that because against a weaker defense you should see that jump to 4 and 5 ypc. which is very real. passing. the first game was tough because they used alot of zone. i passed for 160 some yards, 1 td, 1 pick. and a completion percentage of 52%. the second game i was aware of the zone d, took more time. completed 70% through for 249, 1 td 0 picks. only put up 17 points however. i used gameflow also.

on defense, it was fun. the patriots didnt roll over me, but they moved the ball. brady was 17-27 for 269 with 1 td and 1 int. AP ran it 5 times for 23 yards. all the other backs didnt do well for patriots however. they put up 16 points (missed a 2 point conv). its hard to say how else things would have been with out super simm. they didnt get the ball that much.

side note, the first time i played defense on the pats they did well, but i am not including it because i accidently let gameflow on run so the ran it everytime for like 15 plays.

so here is the step by step detail of what i did, and how i did it which equalled the sliders i got.

1. running the patriots offense vs eagles defense. i ran dives and stretches to both sides against a basic 3-4 and 4-3 scheme with no blitz's and absolutely no slide protection or blocking adjustments. as i did this i worked on HUM run blocking vs CPU run defense. i also measured running the ball against blitz's and adjusting my blocking assignments.

2. after i felt i nailed the HUM vs CPU rushing and defensive rushing. i switched to playing as eagles defense vs the pats on offense and again began adjusting sliders to get the CPU ypc to be as close to the human as possible. i did the same thing. i picked dives and stretches for the cpu to run and i picked a basic defensive scheme for me to run, to eliminate my skill factor. i always played the end or the lb on the opposite side the play was running.

3. next i switched back to the patriots and picked passing plays vs a pass defense play for eagles. again no blitzing. just brought the same amount of rushers as pass blockers. my goal was to achieve between a 3 and 3.5 sec time before brady got sacked on a 5 step drop. i would not throw the ball. just stand there. i would however take a step up or to the side if it made sense to do so. this one was tough to time with my timer on my phone. but i got a average time of 3.6 seconds. i guess to be safe add a + or - .2 sec variable. this was of course without making any protection adjustments.

4. playing as eagles d i tried getting after tom brady. i played on the line and ran a basic pass rush. took a while with sliders but i got it down to where running a basic pass rush took almost 4 sec to get to him. when i blitzed however. it was right at/under 3 sec before i got a hit or forced him outside the pocket.

5. after i got hum pass block vs cpu pass rush down,i began working on hum pass ability vs cpu pass defense. i put eagles in a man to man with 2 deep safeties vs me running from under center and shot gun. always gave them as many db's as i had wrs. passing was tough. after i ran the play 2 times i could figure out where to throw the ball and what my best 3 options were. even so i wasnt able to complete all my passes. i aimed for 65% and that is what i got with 1 deep ball. a few mid range and several short passes.

6. this was gonna be the toughest and most important part. getting tom brady to be able to move the ball on eagles with some success. after i switched to playing eagles D. i did exact same thing. tom terrific completed over 65% of his passes. however the majority were dump offs and short 3-5 yard throws. he didnt go deep very often. only 7 times. (let him run around 30 plays) but he had a solid completion percentage and was doing enough that it would get first downs. this took a while to get everything right because i didnt want him to be so overpowered that i couldnt stop him ever. but i needed him to be very tough to slow down. when i ran vanilla defense, he tore me up. when i audibled to a blitz. i got pressure on him in under 2.5 sec leading to some errant throws. when i audibled to a zone. his progressive reads changed and he stood in pocket a lil longer and hit the open guy. it was perfect!

my thinking was that if i test 2 of the best vs each other to get accurate and realistic gameplay, then that will compensate for user skill differences(hopefully). basically. get realistic stats vs too evenly matched opposites. that should relate to a tough game with realistic stats when playing against teams with similar ratings or lower vs whatever your team has.

and show that brady will do well against a strong defense but tear it up vs a horrible defense, which i did test, and it turned out to be exactly that way.

anyway. i really like how these turned out and what the testing resulted in as far as gameplay. i encourage you all to try these and give me some feedback.

remember, these are designed for franchise gameplay.

some simple rules to help insure competative gameplay.

1. these will be fun if you do not cheese by always throwing to your slot or running slants all day long.

2. play action blocking actually works. it works best on down and distance the cpu is not expecting it.

3. these should be used with a gameflow to help make sure you dont cheese when ur tempted.

4. play a hard team first, or a team with a good defense and qb with a slouch team. playing a easier team will give u a false idea of these sliders. these are intended for franchise play where dpp is in full effect.

5. Perhaps the most important thing, pay attention to dpp for both teams when u play a game, and compare them directly with your results. remember players can have huge rating swings so if u dominate a team, look. if u get dominated. look. chances are it wont always be like that

****UPDATE****

1. update user and cpu catching to 40 each lower drop frequency for both sides.

2. addressing the INT for user. if you are not seeing the amount of INTs you feel is necessary or realistic( please base this off of at least a 4 game stretch and off your secondarys catch rating and the qb you played against) then u can up it a few points. however also raise the cpu INT slider because the cpu INT should never be lower than the USER.

UPDATED 11/25/11 updates are in bold

This is based on ALL MADDEN
11 min quarters.
SLOW SPEED (NO MORE VERY SLOW)
speed threshold ***0**
injuries 35
auto run off 20 sec
fatigue 67

HUM/CPU

passing
qb accuracy:28/56
pass block:0/0
catching:40/40

rushing
broken tackles:4/7
run blocking:0/0
fumbles:29/33

pass defense
reaction time:6/7
interceptions:33/35 (user preference, however cpu should never be lower than human INT)
pass rushing:0/0

rush defense
rush reaction time: 6/5
block shedding:0/0
tackling:10/12

THE 11/25/11 UPDATE: after losing 5 straight games in my franchise after starting 4-0. i was really getting upset at how the cpu just kinda b.s.'d its way to victory. and some things didnt make sense. sure i was able to hold the 6th most sacks in the league through 9 games. but it wasnt because of good pressure, it was coverage sacks or the qb being stupid. my defense is very solid against the run, (top 10 through week 10) but i have the worst pass defense in the league because its soo hard to get pressure. i finally decided to go with a 0 slider set for pass rushing, pass blocking, run blocking, run block shed, for both hum and cpu. add that with the 0 speed threshold and its more of a ratings game. i have been very pleased. do try the update!!

penalties

offsides=90
false start=70
holding=49
facemask=57
clipping=53
roughing pass=54
all others 100

special teams

kickoff power=52
field goal and punting power= 52
field goal and punting accuracy= 35

auto sub sliders ***updated 10/26***

QB:40/60
RB:87/92
WR:86/92
TE:75/84
OL:30/50

DT:64/69
DE:64/69
LB:62/67
CB:56/65
S:72/78

anyone reading this, if you try them or not. i would appreciate thought, feedback, insight. all in a constructive criticism format please.

any guest users, please go create an account so you can take part also.

stats are very much requested!! thanks all!!

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

Last edited by schnaidt1; 11-25-2011 at 04:14 PM. Reason: further in depth analysis and updates
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Schnaidt1's Patch 2 slider update, new way of creating sliders! must read

Very interesting methodology.

I'll have to check this out sometime. Maybe tonight.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:20 AM   #3
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

yea let me know how it goes for ya!

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 10-22-2011, 02:31 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like the idea. I'll probably try it out tomorrow, and give you some feedback. Quick question. What makes Play Now and Franchise Mode games different?
Old 10-22-2011, 02:37 AM   #5
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

just dpp. where as there is dpp in play now games. its just based off that game where in franchise someone can come in on hot or cold streaks based on a few games. so its alot more varied.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

At work bright and early but I will definitely be checking.these out. It all makes sense to me. I'll try to post something tonight.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just tried it in a quick 3min quarters game with no accelerated clock and using GameFlow (first time I use it).

I played the Panthers against the Lions.

Team stats (Lions/Panthers) :

Score : 17/13
Tot Offense : 207/139
Rush Yds : 73/46
Pass Yds : 134/93
1st Downs : 10/4
Tot Yds : 259/223
Turnovers : 1/1
Possess Time : 6'19"/5'41"

Players Stats :

PASS:
C.Newton : 8/18 - 101 yds - 39.4 rat - 0 td - 1 int - 5.6 avg - 53 lng
M.Stafford : 12/19 - 142 yds - 81.4 rat - 1 td - 1 int - 7.4 avg - 26 lng

RUN:
D.Williams : 9 att - 50 yds - 5.5 avg - 16 lng - 0 td - 0 fum
J.Best : 6 att - 44 yds - 7.3 avg - 37 lng - 0 td - 0 fum
M.Stafford : 1 att - 26 yds
M.Morris : 1 att - 3 yds
C.Newton : 1 att - -4yds

Defensively, 1 sack for each team and also 1 pick six for each.

My thoughts :
- Run game is a little bit too easy. It doesn't show in the stats because I had two runs that went for big losses on direct snaps to Williams, but other than that I was averaging around 8 yards per run.
- Passing game is pretty challenging, the linebackers have been killing me all game long.
- Defensively, The Lions were hard to stop and most of the time they had to kick it was because of passes thrown or caught out of bounds. They also threw a pass that was a TD but was ruled incomplete and wasn't challenged.
- Overall the game feels pretty realistic but I'm concerned about having a 17-13 score in a game that short, I'm afraid I'm still gonna have scores of 30+ every game when I play my Franchise...

Anyway I'll start my franchise with you sliders, thank you!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

hmm that is pretty interesting. my goal was to have the cpu be tougher to stop. however i was not expecting the run game to be that efficient. maybe if played during a longer game or something it would have evened out. i know alot of the times the cpu stiffens against the run in the 2nd half it seems like.

however i agree 30 points every game is too much. but getting around 26 a game is kinda right on par with what most teams are doing in nfl these days.

def keep me posted on how things go in ur next game. hopefully u play a team with a tougher defense

remember the score woulda been 10-6 without the defensive tds

Last edited by schnaidt1; 10-22-2011 at 07:58 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »