Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #1777
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1TRAPTOR
Final score: Rams 43, Bears 41

Wow what a great game. I realized my mistakes from my previous game and it turned out to be a nail biter. Great work on the sliders. I'll be playing a few more games this week with this set.
That finished off as a good game.. A little high scoring but close at least.. Yeah I'm gonna go hard with this set all weekend when I'm off.. I can't get the right amount of games I want to throughout the week because of work. Keep me posted man..
Old 10-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #1778
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
Jarodd just did your tweaks on the blue set and now my boy Revis (or MEvis as I call him) is lost in pass coverage. I think the "old" blue set up was a little better for me. I play ALOT of man and if one of my CB's gets beat I am in trouble. Thoughts?
Play a few more games to see how it is because it might of just been that one game.. If it continues to be an issue lower the CPUs catching back to 70.. The catching slider has a big affect on the WRs getting open so lowering it back to 70 would help but I want you to get a few games in with the tweaks first before you make that decision.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #1779
Rookie

OVR: 0

Are these updated for post patch 3?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #1780
MVP

OVR: 11

Okay, I know I've been pretty critical of your sliders in the past year at times, but this time I really gotta ask what your motivation was behind that last slider change. I mean, I love your sliders in general, they're the only way this game is still a challenge for me, but still, did you really feel like the CPU was not getting enough picks at 85? Because in two seasons, I've come away throwing 32 and 30 picks with Tom Brady the most accurate QB in this game as far as stats are concerned, in the two games since I've upped them I've thrown 8 combined picks, of which maybe 2 were due to bad throws, the rest where simply picked because the CPU at 90 seems to be absolutely psychic, no matter where I throw, the defender will move in front of my receiver even if he's been 10 yards away at the time of the throw.

It just takes a lot of fun out of the game if you have to play it as "anything but 3rd & long, RUN IT", because with the INTs that high up, that's what it feels like, either you get lucky and get a big play or it gets picked, the only incompletions I throw are dropped balls because every ball hits either a receiver or a defender, it just feels wrong. Right now, I feel like calling a pass play is a ridiculously high risk even if we're talking about something as trivial as a screen or a slot slant on a receiver not covered up on the line, even those get intercepted ridiculously often.

I just want to know if I'm the only one who feels like that, in which case I seem to really step up my game (right now, my average game goes like 40+ rushing attempts, Brady 10/15 and 4 picks) or if there are at least other people struggling with this slider setting.

One other thing I noticed is that the fumbling problem has become pretty extreme, too, don't know if that's due to the patch, sliders, or both, but since the patch, I haven't had a game without a Ridley fumble, and he's got Carrying 94 by now so that shouldn't really happen...

Last edited by TheDelta; 10-18-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #1781
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinwhitaker11
Are these updated for post patch 3?
Yes they have been updated..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #1782
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Okay, I know I've been pretty critical of your sliders in the past year at times, but this time I really gotta ask what your motivation was behind that last slider change. I mean, I love your sliders in general, they're the only way this game is still a challenge for me, but still, did you really feel like the CPU was not getting enough picks at 85? Because in two seasons, I've come away throwing 32 and 30 picks with Tom Brady the most accurate QB in this game as far as stats are concerned, in the two games since I've upped them I've thrown 8 combined picks, of which maybe 2 were due to bad throws, the rest where simply picked because the CPU at 90 seems to be absolutely psychic, no matter where I throw, the defender will move in front of my receiver even if he's been 10 yards away at the time of the throw.

It just takes a lot of fun out of the game if you have to play it as "anything but 3rd & long, RUN IT", because with the INTs that high up, that's what it feels like, either you get lucky and get a big play or it gets picked, the only incompletions I throw are dropped balls because every ball hits either a receiver or a defender, it just feels wrong. Right now, I feel like calling a pass play is a ridiculously high risk even if we're talking about something as trivial as a screen or a slot slant on a receiver not covered up on the line, even those get intercepted ridiculously often.

I just want to know if I'm the only one who feels like that, in which case I seem to really step up my game (right now, my average game goes like 40+ rushing attempts, Brady 10/15 and 4 picks) or if there are at least other people struggling with this slider setting.

One other thing I noticed is that the fumbling problem has become pretty extreme, too, don't know if that's due to the patch, sliders, or both, but since the patch, I haven't had a game without a Ridley fumble, and he's got Carrying 94 by now so that shouldn't really happen...
What's going on Delta? Haven't heard from you in months..

Every year you have the same issues with the INTs. I don't have problems throwing picks with the INTs high like that. No trouble at all.. Off course if I make a mistake I pay for it like I should. The passing is even easier with the new passing trajectories. Raising the USER catching back to 45 was my main reason for raising the CPUs INTs to 90 because I was able to throw the ball all around the field with ease. If you need me to provide video proof I will.. I'm very good with the left stick.. Just lower the INTs back to 85 if it was working out perfect for you.. Simple fix.. You have that option to adjust the INTs as low as 45 if you have to. You can raise the USER accuracy up a point or two if you have to. The INTs at 90 is for my personal use or for anyone else that is on my level with the left stick..

If you are having issues with the fumbles just lower the USER breaktackles to 45 and raise the fumbles to 30..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 10-18-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #1783
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm going to be honest delta, I played 6 season with Jarodds black set on Madden 12 and just finished a season on Madden 13 and I've never thrown over 20 INTs. I'm also using a QB who is very prone to interceptions in Jay Cutler. My average season is usually 3,800 yards passing 32 TDs 18 INTs and I usually complete 60-63% of my passes.. Perfect stats in my opinion. Perhaps you need a new Playbook?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #1784
Rookie

OVR: 6

Oh another thing you can try is to throw away passes. Clicking the right stick and have the ball fall safely to the ground on the sideline is never a bad play. I only say this because you say your only incompletions are from dropped passes and INTs, the majority of mine is overleading a WR to ensure the ball won't be picked or getting out of the pocket and throwing the ball away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »