Home

*Attention all slider gurus.Please read.

This is a discussion on *Attention all slider gurus.Please read. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: *Attention all slider gurus.Please read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Okay well I'll be testing my sliders tonight online but offline CC is broken.
Jarrod21, with all respect due to you for the work you've done on sliders over the years, it would be wrong to use the word broken. These guys are finding things with which I agree. For one, game speed has much to do with it. Think about it. . .the game speed normal seems to indicate that that is the level at which they've developed the game. . .that is, more or less, the baseline for their development. Once you begin deviating from that baseline (speed/threshold/sliders) nothing is guaranteed. You'll recall all the work Playmakers did with game speed and threshold in regards to passing, where he was finding certain settings worked better with certain speeds and thresholds? I'm actually finding much better games using normal speed; having played about 15-20 games (same 2 or three matchups...kept restarting the CCM/franchise), using 50-ish sliders (just exploring how sliders are operating this year), I've noticed that my rushing is less productive and the cpu rushing is more productive, all else being equal.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobalou2112
Jarrod21, with all respect due to you for the work you've done on sliders over the years, it would be wrong to use the word broken. These guys are finding things with which I agree. For one, game speed has much to do with it. Think about it. . .the game speed normal seems to indicate that that is the level at which they've developed the game. . .that is, more or less, the baseline for their development. Once you begin deviating from that baseline (speed/threshold/sliders) nothing is guaranteed. You'll recall all the work Playmakers did with game speed and threshold in regards to passing, where he was finding certain settings worked better with certain speeds and thresholds? I'm actually finding much better games using normal speed; having played about 15-20 games (same 2 or three matchups...kept restarting the CCM/franchise), using 50-ish sliders (just exploring how sliders are operating this year), I've noticed that my rushing is less productive and the cpu rushing is more productive, all else being equal.
It's broken to me because I can take my same settings and go into play now and get abused by the CPUs rushing. I jump into CC and they can't get over 50 yards rushing never with the USER defense on 0 and the CPUs rushing offense on 100. They can't get nothing. I play on Very Fast which is much more of a challenge then playing on Normal because you have to react quicker to the run and you can easily lose control of the player you are controlling if you make the wrong move. I've always known using faster speeds is much more of a challenge. Everybody keeps trying to come up with different theories of why it's not working and stuff when the fact of the matter is the sliders should be working exactly the same as it is in play now which is perfect..
Old 09-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

I just posted this in my thread but I thought I post this over here too since there has been a good debate about this issue with the CPUs rushing..

"Ok here is every single rushing attempt by D.Murray against me in my online CC game on All-Pro. He carried the ball 14 times for 7 yards.. Sorry about the quality I was on my phone..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV7PKvGtjvM

For what it was worth the score was 35-6 me.. They scored there 6 points off of 2 picks I threw on my side of the field. They didn't show any signs of moving the ball besides that..

I'll play another game later on if I'm up to it. These kind of games are not motivating at all especially after the great game I had in play now yesterday.."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #52
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I just posted this in my thread but I thought I post this over here too since there has been a good debate about this issue with the CPUs rushing..

"Ok here is every single rushing attempt by D.Murray against me in my online CC game on All-Pro. He carried the ball 14 times for 7 yards.. Sorry about the quality I was on my phone..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV7PKvGtjvM

For what it was worth the score was 35-6 me.. They scored there 6 points off of 2 picks I threw on my side of the field. They didn't show any signs of moving the ball besides that..

I'll play another game later on if I'm up to it. These kind of games are not motivating at all especially after the great game I had in play now yesterday.."
Were these with your sliders? Did you ever get a chance and try mine? I just played a game were the raiders had over 250 yards rushing. I posted the box score on my slider thread. I am good player so it's not that I just suck. I don't know why and i'm not saying the Cpu runs all over me every game or anything because that wouldn't be good either. Power backs are really giving me fits. I have only been playing on online ccm. I play on the 360.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Were these with your sliders? Did you ever get a chance and try mine? I just played a game were the raiders had over 250 yards rushing. I posted the box score on my slider thread. I am good player so it's not that I just suck. I don't know why and i'm not saying the Cpu runs all over me every game or anything because that wouldn't be good either. Power backs are really giving me fits. I have only been playing on online ccm. I play on the 360.

Yeah this was with my black set. The CPUs rushing maxed out and the USER rush defense on 0 on All-Pro in CC online. I wish I was getting the results you guys are getting.. I don't know what else to do besides have fun in Play now..
Old 09-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #54
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Yeah this was with my black set. The CPUs rushing maxed out and the USER rush defense on 0 on All-Pro in CC online. I wish I was getting the results you guys are getting.. I don't know what else to do besides have fun in Play now..
Your sliders should make running work. It's just something with the sliders going into ccm. normal speed is the only thing I could get to work right. I also have it at 45 speed threshold. I don't understand it either. I did have a guy that used my sliders and changed the difficulty to all-madden and he got a more challenging game. I wish I knew what to tell you.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #55
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ninja
In theory, yes. I'm still testing.
Ok I noticed the same thing - that I suddenly noticed kicking was real easy and somehow I had accidentally set my difficulty to "rookie," yet the rest of the game was still the right difficulty.

Here's my question, though: If you adjust any of the sliders and save to your profile, then the default difficulty that you will always play on is "CUSTOM." That implies that you're not using ANY of the four generic sliders. So how would I know what my "real" difficulty level is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #56
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
Ok I noticed the same thing - that I suddenly noticed kicking was real easy and somehow I had accidentally set my difficulty to "rookie," yet the rest of the game was still the right difficulty.

Here's my question, though: If you adjust any of the sliders and save to your profile, then the default difficulty that you will always play on is "CUSTOM." That implies that you're not using ANY of the four generic sliders. So how would I know what my "real" difficulty level is?
I don't really get what your asking but Sliders set doesn't follow your profile in CCM..each CCM's sliders setting has to be adjusted within the mode under league setting.
M16 Sim Style Sliders by Blue Ninja
My Twitch Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »