Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #1297
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85PaytonFan34
So I'm in year 3 of my CCM as the Bears.
Week 5 I have to play the vikings and this is where I decided to switch from my current settings to your sliders. Beforehand I was playing on All-Madden with not too many slider tweaks, a little bit of a boost to the AI passing and receivers and a slight downgrade to my own. Not much else. I was 4-0 on the season with 1 blowout win and 3 wins by 10 points or fewer. The thing is that most of these wins were pretty much me dominating the game with the AI only getting a few big plays late in the game to bring it close. Nothing about their entire game was consistent, rushing or passing.

So now, in comes your sliders against the Vikings. This also being the first game I've ever played with 15 minutes quarters. Usually 10 min qtrs with the runoff to 15 seconds. The first quarter remained close and tight, 0-0 going into the second quarter. Now I don't know what happened, but this Vikings offense lead by Jason Campbell and AP (year 3 of CCM remember) absolutely showed up and blew me out of the water. They wound up leading 17-3 at halftime which lead me to come out in the third swinging the ball. After receiving to start the 2nd half and going 3 and out on 3 passes, my defense was able to get the ball back for me with a couple good stops and a sack. After a good stop I decided to go back to my running game. First run from scrimmage, a fumble by Forte. Setting the Vikes up on my 27 they made short work and scored a td in 3 plays. 24-3

At this point I'm getting frustrated by my completely anemic offense. I've complete less than 40% of my passes out of 40 attempts at this point.

To make a long story short, 2 more Forte fumbles and a pick from Cutler and the Vikings made my day a living hell. The final coming out to 42-17.
I honestly don't think I have ever been blown out of the water this bad by the AI before. I'm not sure if it's my skill or lack thereof as a player that allowed this to happen. Or if I'm really lacking in some football knowledge in order to construct a gameplan.

If the game had continued like the first quarter it would have likely been the most fun Id had playing M13, but once it got out of hand it turned into a frustrating debacle that sent me home with my first loss of the 2014 season. I'm willing to give your sliders a continued shot as now I face the Saints in Soldier Field for week 6.
Monday Morning Quarterback Analysis:

PaytonFan: Welcome to my house of pain....

Now now, don't be so hard on yourself.... If you really want to see your head on a platter, dial up Jarrod21's Black set and call me in the morning...

That said, part of the problem is that the CPU RUN BLK is a little to aggressive favoring the CPU run game and the HUM RUN REAC is a little to passive favoring the CPU run game... Additionally the HUM FUM slider needs to be moved up (presently too low), and that has been accomplished in the final slider set coming out soon....

Furthermore, your game plan was probably non-existent.... Stopping AP is the one of the most challenging things to do in the REAL NFL, so what makes you think that simple 7 man box schemes will be able to slow him down in M13? Exactly.

Stopping AP, Brady, Rodgers, Foster, MegaTron, should be MAJOR SWEATY PALM CHALLENGES, whereby MOST OF THE TIME, you should come out on the short end of the stick.... Consider 8 men in the box, with the 8th man being your safety with the best TKL, AWR, and PRC ratings.... Also try to funnel AP toward the middle of the defense with your OLB'ers... Consider Cover 2 defenses so that your DB's are close enough to the line, to discourage AP from swinging his run OUT WIDE and can provide tackle support to your pursuing MLB and Safety...

More to come with the tuned sliders.... Bottom line, stick with it kid, the sliders are legit and with practice I am sure they will soon become among your favorite set to play with.... Lates....

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #1298
Rookie

OVR: 10
By no means am I crying wolf on your sliders. If anything it shows that I have not much more than basic knowledge of calling my own defensive plays. On that note, if I did stick with ask coach or gameflow, what does that does that do to my chances. I also noticed that my receiver separation was almost non existent almost the whole game. Causing forced and errant throws. Any advice you could give? I'm willing to keep at the grind.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #1299
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
By no means am I crying wolf on your sliders. If anything it shows that I have not much more than basic knowledge of calling my own defensive plays. On that note, if I did stick with ask coach or game flow, what does that does that do to my chances. I also noticed that my receiver separation was almost non existent almost the whole game. Causing forced and errant throws. Any advice you could give? I'm willing to keep at the grind.

Hmmmmmmm..... Interesting....

Checklist:
1) You did plug in the most recent "Xmas Sliders" as posted, correct?

2) You did plug in the penalty recommendations as posted, correct?

I ask this because by having the CPU PASS REAC, DEF PASS INT and the OFF PASS INT sliders at the recommended settings, you should be getting some real "loose" play from the CPU pass defense.... Now... If you are using a rookie QB or a QB with low AWR and that does not have good PASS ON THE RUN attributes or good PLAY ACTION attributes, this could also explain why passing is a little tough....

Finally, mix up your pass plays.... In other words, do not just call streaks or slants... The true All-Madden A.I. DOES PICK UP on this and will adjust... I usually have a playbook scripted of pass plays that include hooks, slants, fades, streaks, curls, stop & go's, etc... If your QB has the skills, you may also consider getting out of the pocket every now and then

Now I will give you that the CPU / HUM pass rush settings are not properly synced and are going through an overhaul at the present time, and I know from personal experiences that less time to throw means more bad throws NO MATTER who you are as QB....

I am hoping to drop the "New Year's Slider" set soon, so you may want to hang in there and take those for a spin since the passing game is being addressed as well as the CPU/HUM pass rush.... Lates...

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #1300
Rookie

Xmas sliders? I just copied whatever you have on the front pages.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #1301
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Xmas sliders? I just copied whatever you have on the front pages.

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU (Check them several times to make sure you have them properly dialed in)

QB Accuracy 12 / 7
Pass Block 10 / 0
WR Catch 48 / 48 (open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)

Broken Tackles 10 / 0
Run Block 15 / 50
Fumble 50 / 45 (open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)

Pass reaction 30 / 30
Int 23 / 23
Pass Rush 22 / 0

Rush reaction 0 / 15
Block Shedding 0 / 5
Tackle 55/ 55

Special Teams

FG Power 55
FG Accuracy 44 (the way that I kick is that I just use the right stick in Kicking. I don't aim with the left stick, except when on, or, inside the 10 yard line)
Punt Power 54
Punt Acc 73
Kickoff Power 46

Penalties
OFFSIDES 50
FALSE START 75
HOLDING 53
FACEMASK 53
DEF PASS INT 25
OFF PASS INT 38
PUNT CATCH INTER 24
CLIPPING 50
INTENT GROUNDING 50
ROUGHING PASSER 53 (open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)
ROUGING KICKER 24

Auto Subs (open to discussion and will be dialed in based on season’s worth of data)
IN/OUT IN/OUT
QB 1 / 0 DT 86 / 85
RB 92 / 91 DE 90 / 89
WR 66 / 65 LB 50 / 49
FB 50 / 47 CB 5 / 4
OL 50 / 47 SAF 5 / 4
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #1302
Rookie

Oh yeah, those are the ones I was using when I got my *** kicked. I thought he was referring to something different.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:16 AM   #1303
Banned

OVR: 0

these sliders are niiiiiice
Old 01-12-2013, 04:51 AM   #1304
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Oh yeah, those are the ones I was using when I got my *** kicked. I thought he was referring to something different.

Well, the reason Wiz is working on a new set is because the CPU run game was a bit too strong. I think he's also balancing the pass rush a bit. If the sliders are too tough for you as they are now and you want to continue playing I can recommend KBLover's Raiders CCM sliders. Those are a little more forgiving!!

If you want to keep trying there are several posts with advise on how to slow down the CPU just after Wiz released the Christmas sliders (think it was close to December 20th). So you can try and read back a bit.

The cool thing for me with these sliders is, that once you do win a game you were not supposed to it's soooooo satisfying!! But you can't relax for even a single play!

Have fun!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »