Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Played another game in my Offline CCM with these and had some mixed results.

Game: Dolphins (Me) vs. Jets(cpu)

- I like the overall feel of the sliders but they definately need some tweaking
-I couldn't hit some wide open recievers sometimes with Tannehill. Also, whenever I did any sort of lead passing with the right stick it was completely overthrown and any sort of throw on the run whether I was under much pressure or not was wayy too inaccurate
-CPU had a decent rushing game. Shonn Greene had 168 yards with a 3.4 average. Good yardage but wayy too many carries (49)
-I could not rush the ball whatsoever. Reggie Bush or whoever I put in could simply not move the ball. Also, I could not break a tackle ever unlike the CPU. Rushing game was nonexistent for me in this game and I averaged like .9 ypc

Hope my observations help

MIAMI DOLPHINS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES
FC BARCELONA
MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI MARLINS
Old 09-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #498
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraiolo22
Pretty good sliders so far been running into a couple problems maybe you guys could help me with. Been seeing a lot of fumbles on my side around 3-4 a game and also next to no breaktackles when the computer seems to break 2-3 every run, Im using marshawn lynch btw. Not sure if my running and tackling styles are to blame? Also Im getting a lot of dropped passes by my recievers, basically any time there is even the slightest of contact. Any tips you guys have would be awsome. Keep up the good work

Welcome to our humble thread for serious simmers my young soto-deshi.

1) Regarding your fumblin' concern, COVER UP THE ROCK! Literally. These sliders ARE MEANT to closely represent the game we love to watch on Sunday, Monday & now Thursday's. Do you see how fumbles happen? Blindsides to the QB, RB's getting the rock stripped, poked or blasted by a helmet, stringy WR's getting blasted over the middle after a catch, etc, etc, etc...

No offense, but part of the issue MAY BE that you need to improve your running style. This is not to say that the FUMBLE slider is not being futzed with in the lab, it is. But in general, the lab results seem to indicate that if you are not conscientious of protecting the rock, your fumble number WILL GO UP significantly. If you are conscientious about the fumble, it will influence how you strategize the game.... You won't be able to cheese it and stay in the pocket without impunity.... You won't cheese it and call crossing or drag routes over the middle consistently without the possibility of having your head separated from your body... You won't cheese it and run sweeps and tosses outside of the tackle without the risk of having the rock getting separated from your cradle....You won't cheese it and "turbo" yourself through the offensive line without the impunity.... COVER THE ROCK it is what pro's do on Sundays....

2) Drops. Drops are happening because you are delivering the rock to your WR's at inopportune times. Each route, has a limited window of time that you are provided with to deliver the rock to the WR. Miss this window and the CPU pass defense is ready to deny your WR the rock. If you notice a lot of the box scores being posted, the completion percentages by the HUM team is at an acceptable clip. More importantly, if your QB is pressured, then I GUARANTEE you that you are going to miss the most opportune time to deliver the rock to your WR in that limited window of time that the particular route affords.....

Patience my young soto-deshi. Practice, learn from your mistakes, and grin like the cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland when you finally start to give the CPU AI a taste of its own medicine...

KEEP PLAYIN'! KEEP POSTIN'! KEEP MADDENING!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #499
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by juand
Played another game in my Offline CCM with these and had some mixed results.

Game: Dolphins (Me) vs. Jets(cpu)

- I like the overall feel of the sliders but they definately need some tweaking
-I couldn't hit some wide open recievers sometimes with Tannehill. Also, whenever I did any sort of lead passing with the right stick it was completely overthrown and any sort of throw on the run whether I was under much pressure or not was wayy too inaccurate
-CPU had a decent rushing game. Shonn Greene had 168 yards with a 3.4 average. Good yardage but wayy too many carries (49)
-I could not rush the ball whatsoever. Reggie Bush or whoever I put in could simply not move the ball. Also, I could not break a tackle ever unlike the CPU. Rushing game was nonexistent for me in this game and I averaged like .9 ypc

Hope my observations help

Love your observations and they DO HELP. Every piece of feedback is critical to the beta test.

That having been said, the issue of too many carries by Shonn Greene is a known issue with the M13's code... Sliders CANNOT fix this.... I firmly believe that M13 AI logic seeks to hit YARDAGE goals for the CPU run game and to h_ll with the way the stat line looks...

Regarding missing open receivers, you got me bro.... I have not seen that in the lab. I have been able to hit bombs over the secondary, squeeze the pill between Cover zones, hit my WR on the left shoulder on a fade, and so on, and so on...

Try to set up your rushing to go over the right tackle.... Typically this is the "road-grater" on the O-line who can seal off the end allowing a lane to run either to his left or right.... Be patient, DO NOT give up on the running game.... If I am having a tough time with the run game, then I FORCE the CPU defense to play back.... In other words, I use the passing game to set up the running game sometimes....

Old 09-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #500
Rookie

$atisfaktion-'s Arena

OVR: 2

Guys, how the hell do I save "my madden" settings. ): each time I try it just goes back to the menu!
Old 09-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #501
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Bwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt? Dude, your stat lines are consitently "OfF dA hOok"... Pimp, you are going to have to FedEx me your box so that hopefully some of your M13 karma rubs off on me....

Holy cow!!

Consistently you are getting just OUTSTANDING games and more than acceptable stat lines....

Share your secrets with the rest of the thread... Have you modified the Beta V.2 set at all? Do you use special house rules? Please advise....

I am not worthy

One thing that I do notice is that if you play too many games consecutively (sayyy more than 4 or 5 in a row), for some reason, weird stuff can happen....

I usually get my best games when I play a few games, save, then completely quit out to the start screen, and then go back resume my already started CCM franchise.... Do you do the same thing?

Post when you have a chance....

MarketingWiz thank you for these great sliders again, they make Madden 13 not only playable but almost perfect for a sim player like myself.

As requested here are the house rules I use for all my offline CCM games:

I use all settings that are listed for the V.2 exactly as they are on the first page

Before each kickoff I pause and switch from GameFlow to Conventional play calling. I've read a few threads that have suggested that when this is performed the CPU becomes more aggressive in the passing game, calling more pass plays on first down and so on...I haven't really kept track on one versus the other but it does seem to make a difference.

As goes for offense here are some of my house rules:

- No USER catching on any passes except for deep balls. The reason I do this is because one it makes the game look so much better and more organic, two, even though the CPU and HUM WR Catch are at 45, the CPU drops an appropriate amount of catches (both just straight drops and when hit by defenders), whereas if you USER catch you almost always drop the pass if you come in contact with the CPU defense, and third the CPU actually breaks some tackles since they have a higher BKTKL while they are making a catch, if you USER catch you almost certainly get tackled right away if a defender is near (NO YAC).

- As for rushing the only thing I've really noticed is that broken tackles is almost certainly never gonna happen unless your up against a DB. If I'm going up the middle or heading straight for a LB I almost always hold RB, I refuse to lose the rock. If I'm head on with a DB well then anything goes. I also try to limit the amount of times I run to the outside to about 5 times a game.

- On defense I almost always use a LB CB or S, if the play has lasted more than 7 seconds I may switch to a DL and try to sack the QB.

- On passing plays I dont switch unless its a jump ball or deep ball because the CPU on my team can't figure how to defend them for some reason. I also almost always swat and only use ball hawk if it's an easy, no doubt pick.

- For rushing defense I usually don't switch until my guy either misses a tackle or gets blocked and is out of the play. The reason I do this is because the CPU breaks less tackles this way and it also eliminates plays where you have a bad switch and get completed burned which can definitely happen on these settings.

- One thing I've been testing in the running game is letting the CPU run for the first second against a blitz or a missed block. I've been trying to watch the line as the ball is snapped and if it looks like there's a hole then I sprint through, but if I see no hole or a defender who is coming in hot, I've been seeing what happens if I let the CPU take control so that hopefully my RB will brake a tackle and then I will take over hit the proper hole. I'm experimenting still and have seen some mixed results.

That's it pretty much, thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 03:07 AM   #502
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Just played an embarrassing game against the 4-12 Bengals in week 17. Seemed like they pretty much gave up (they have the worst record in the league).

Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Baltimore Ravens (ME)71431236
Cincinnati Bengals (CPU)3140017
Team Stats Comparison

BALCIN
Total Offense512107
Rushing Yards19165
Passing Yards32142
First Downs234
Punt Return Yards595
Kick Return Yards35104
Total Yards606216
Turnovers4(-2)2(+2)
3rd Down Converstion9-17 (52%)1-12 (8%)
4th Down Conversion0-00-1
2-Point Conversion

Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/4 (5-5)1/0 (1-1)
Penalties9-972-15
Posession Time42:1617:44
Baltimore Ravens
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Flacco22/3534723
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Rice291354.61
Pierce12625.10
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Pitta78111.50
Smith57615.20
Jones34715.60
Boldin23216.01
Doss18888.01
Cincinnati Bengals
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Dalton9/205912
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Green-Ellis23652.80
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Green-Ellis3217.00
Binns294.50
A.J. Green?000.00

I made it into the playoffs as the 3 seed, here are the match ups for each conference:

AFC

1. Patriots (12-4)
2. Broncos (11-5)

5. Chargers (10-6) @ 4. Jaguars (9-7)
6. Texans (9-7) @ 3. Ravens (10-6)

NFC

1. 49ers (12-4)
2. Falcons (11-5)

5. Saints (10-6) @ 4. Packers (10-6)
6. Giants (9-7) @ 3. Cowboys (10-6)

I used your sliders for about 11 of my 16 games so the stats are a little skewed:

Flacoo: 73.3 rating, 4,642 yds, 25 TD 33 INT, 392/654 (59%), 7.1 YPA

Rice: 352 Att, 1,686 yds, 4.8 Avg, 10 TD, 15 Fumb, 27 BTK

Pitta: 100 Rec, 1,078 yds, 10.8 Avg, 4 TD
Rice: 73 Rec, 565 yds, 7.7 Avg, 0 TD
Smith: 67 Rec, 1,165 yds, 17.4 Avg, 5 TD
Boldin: 64 Rec, 835 yds, 13.0 Avg, 3 TD
Jones: 47 Rec, 675 yds, 14.4 Avg, 5 TD
Dickson: 17 Rec, 134 yds, 7.9 Avg, 6 TD

Lewis: 93 Tak, 4 sacks, 0 Int, 7 FF, 1 FR
Reed: 76 Tak, 1 sack, 1 Int, 1 FF
J. Smith: 58 Tak, 3 sacks, 8 Int, 1 FR, 5 TD!!!!!
C. Williams: 50 Tak, 0 sacks, 5 Int, 3 TD!!!!
Kruger: 54 Tak, 15 sacks, 1 Int, 2 FR, 1 TD

Tucker: 40/45 (88%) 57 Long
Koch: 45.8 Avg
Old 09-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #503
Pro

Jacksonville Jaguars at Minnesota Vikings
Sep 9, 20121ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Jacksonville Jaguars (ME)7363-19
Minnesota Vikings (CPU)7007-14
Team Stats Comparison

JACMIN
Total Offense288314
Rushing Yards139108
Passing Yards149206
First Downs1814
Punt Return Yards3113
Kick Return Yards880
Total Yards407327
Turnovers03
3rd Down Converstion11-20(55%)4-9(44%)
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-4(75%)1-2(50%)
Penalties5-352-20
Posession Time37:2922:31
Jacksonville Jaguars
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Gabbert JAX19/33
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Jones Drew JAX23974.20
R. Jennings JAX10303.00
C. Williams JAX591.80
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Blackmon JAX7517.21
M. Lewis JAX5224.40
L. Robinson JAX45914.70
Z. Miller JAX2178.50
M. Thomas JAX11616.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
J. Mincey JAX

T. Knighton JAX

A. Smith JAX

D. Cox JAX

D. Cox JAX

R. Mathis JAX

KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
J. Brown JAX4/51/11350
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. Anger JAX420150.21
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Ponder13/2723123
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A. Peterson191055.50
C. Ponder133.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
A. Peterson616327.11
P. Harvin2178.50
J. Simpson22211.00
J. Felton22311.51
D. Aromashodu166.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
B. Robison

K. Williams

KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
O. Mare0/02/220
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
C. Kluwe418746.71

After much badgering by the fans of this slider set, I have relented and posted a box score using a modified beta slider set ... I say modified because I have made some tweaks based on feedback and my own lab testing....

Dissect the stats, ask me questions.....

Summary:

Strategy going into the game was ball control and blitz the young QB. As you can see from the stats, this pre-game strategy worked against the Vikes on the road. Had my way with time of possession all game long, but just could not find the end zone. Viking defense would bend but not break so I had to constantly settle for field goals. In fact, my only score came off a pick of Ponder, deep in their territory. I told myself to win the field position game, that way, Peterson and the Vikes would have to march 80+ yards every possession to beat me. Peterson concerned me, because based on his attributes he is tough to stop and can break a homerun at any moment and did just that on one particular screen play.... I felt that on the road, M13 has shown to play tougher against the visiting team, so I knew going in that the Viking AI was going to be juiced against me. My only bet to win was to take away Ponder's passing game and force some turnovers in Viking territory. I was able to execute the gameplan, close to perfection.

I say close to perfection, because I actually almost lost the game in the 4th quarter with less than 35 seconds to go, because Ponder had the Vikes in the red zone. My defense stiffened up and Ponder eventually drove the Vikes to the 9 yard line with 3rd and Goal and less than 5 seconds on the clock....

Decision of the game.... Look for the draw/play action/screen play, with a base 4-3 set and stay in my lanes, or throw a "corner-hook zone blitz" forcing the young QB into a pressure situation throw, into the tight zones, my defense was sitting in.

Decided on the pressure. I had been burned all game by the screen play to A. Peterson as the stats show, so I was TRULY unsure what the hell the Vikes were going to do... The only certain thing is that they had to score a touchdown. Vikes called a 5 step drop pass play, I crashed the left tackle side of the O-Line, with CB and LB's, Ponder must have thought that he had a window on the left side, because initially his read was a curl to Harvin at the Z, but I had my CB on him like a fly on trash, so he looked at his second option over the middle, but the X receiver was behind the zone coverage along the back of the end zone, low percentage throw... A. Peterson had checked down on the flat, off the right tackle, and sat in front of the zone coverage, approximately at the 5 yard line, so throwing to Peterson was probably going to end up a tackle at the 3 yard line or 2.... The only play was the TE running a drag/cross to the left corner of the endzone.... For a second, the TE was open, but the pressure forced Ponder to leave the pocket to his right, killing his window of opportunity to set his feet and make an accurate throw... Ponder threw a dart toward the TE Rudolph that had zip but lacked accuracy, a little too much air under it, and as the ball reached Rudolph, my FS reacted to the play, stepped in front of Rudolph for an interception in the end zone.

Game over.

Boys, I am not one to pat myself on the back, but these SLIDERS are BEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAST for those Maddenites that love and crave a challenging Madden sim experience.

I have been playing Madden since its inception, and I have NEVER had as much fun as I am having at the present time. Do I wish that All-Madden worked? Certainly, but I must tell you that I am playing all out against the CPU with some basic vanilla house rules to avoid cheesing up my approach, and games with this slider set are fricking challenging. Wins are typically NOT GIMMIES. I had to earn this win and had to stick to my game plan to come away with the victory, as it should be.

I urge all Maddenites looking for a challenge to give these bad boys a whirl.... They are not perfect, but damn do they deliver a lot of realistic football action....

About 65% done with my vetting of the beta set.... Some things have changed, for the better of course, and hope that I can wrap things up and deliver some tweaks within the next two weeks.... I got some work to catch up on, so I may be "in-communicado" for a bit.... I'm not worried though, because I think the thread has enough traction that it could plug along with less of me and more of you peeps....

Peace brah's

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 09-26-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 AM   #504
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Finally put the beta sliders into my already established Offline CCM in 2015 with the Patriots and had an AMAZING game Buffalo Week 2.

*Tom Brady retired in the off season of year 1 after winning the Super Bowl

New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills
Sep 16, 20151ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
New England Patriots (2-0)77610--30
Buffalo Bills (0-2)101400--24
Team Stats Comparison
NWEBUF
Total Offense391366
Rushing Yards80131
Passing Yards311235
First Downs1613
Punt Return Yards767
Kick Return Yards767
Total Yards565408
Turnovers32
3rd Down Converstion65
4th Down Conversion10
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/21/1
Penalties20 yds70 yds
Posession Time30:2629:34
New England Patriots
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T. Tebow24/4232533
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
S. Ridley27732.70
T. Tebow252.50
P. Hillis122.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
R. Gronkowski6549.00
D. Hester69415.71
B. Lloyd39230.71
N. Burleson11919.01
Buffalo Bills
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
R. Fitzpatrick14/3025322
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A. Bradshaw231054.60
R. Fitzpatrick3279.00
F. Jackson1000
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
T. Ginn512124.20
B. Hartline48822.02
J. Collins4307.50
S. Johnson11414.00

The Bills had me on the ropes in the first half but I came out in the 2nd and shut them down. In the 4th I had a 3rd and long with the score tied and Mario Williams came in and crushed Tebow late and it kept the drive going where I eventually netted the lead with a FG. The Bills had a chance to take the lead or tie with about three minutes left but, in classic Bills fashion, blew it with 3 straight penalties. Delay of game, and then two holding calls to knock them out of field goal range. I got the ball, got a couple first downs, got them out of position and nailed Welker on a slant, then kicked a last second FG just to rub the salt into the wounds of Buffalo winning the game and going to (2-0)

Hands down most fun I have had with M13 and with these sliders to date. It was so good because I lost the last 3 test games in a row, then came out here and did what needed to be done. I was on the edge of my seat and was actually nervous. Fantastic.

I switched to Gameflow for both offense and defense as well as controlling a CB the entire time on defense, and it made a world of difference I felt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »