Home

I must be playing a different game...

This is a discussion on I must be playing a different game... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #65
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: I must be playing a different game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
The CPUs passing and defense is ok but I'm not fully satisfied with it.. If I make a mistake with passing I pay for it so I still have to be careful but there passing and defense is still much better in play now.. CCM sliders definitely needs an overhaul in order for me to enjoy the competition from the CPU like I did on 10, 11, and 12..
Ok that makes sense. I sure hope they do something about these ccm sliders man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
HaHa you don't have to go that far LOL. I get it you play a high risk defense, I saw it with Buddy Ryan here for years, drove me crazy. I play using gameflow, take usually a LB and play the play as intended. Maybe that's the difference. I've been playing Madden since the very first one on Genesis, and I find it an extra challenge trying to succeed with the play you're dealt rather than one I choose. Same goes with offense. With Charter's normal sliders and gameflow I get great games. Hopefully you get it figured out, I'm rootin' for ya buddy
I actually was messing around with gameflow for the first time this year while I was doing some other testing in CCM.. The CPU still couldn't run on me. I wish I had of recorded the runnning from those games.. Some of the plays they call on gameflow is the worst. Haha! I like calling my own plays.. I'm just aggressive against the run but I mix up my playcalling for the pass..

Yeah I been playing Madden since the very first one on Genesis myself where they didn't have any numbers on there back(Madden 91 I believe).. That is part of the reason why I'm as experienced as I am with the game.. I definitely like calling my own plays on offense but I use a bunch of different plays and formations. You should have seen my custom playbook last year(I hate they took that away this year) I'm always in the lab working on different things and figuring out how to execute that play.. I hardly even hot route because I'm confident in the play I call..

I really don't believe I'll be able to figure it out until they drop a patch and tune the sliders in CCM like they are in play now. I've tried everything..
Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #67
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I actually was messing around with gameflow for the first time this year while I was doing some other testing in CCM.. The CPU still couldn't run on me. I wish I had of recorded the runnning from those games.. Some of the plays they call on gameflow is the worst. Haha! I like calling my own plays.. I'm just aggressive against the run but I mix up my playcalling for the pass..

Yeah I been playing Madden since the very first one on Genesis myself where they didn't have any numbers on there back(Madden 91 I believe).. That is part of the reason why I'm as experienced as I am with the game.. I definitely like calling my own plays on offense but I use a bunch of different plays and formations. You should have seen my custom playbook last year(I hate they took that away this year) I'm always in the lab working on different things and figuring out how to execute that play.. I hardly even hot route because I'm confident in the play I call..

I really don't believe I'll be able to figure it out until they drop a patch and tune the sliders in CCM like they are in play now. I've tried everything..
With four kids and a crazy job as a longshoreman I kinda got out of video games for a good 7 years or so, but back in Sept. of 2010 I got hurt really bad on the job, basically retiring me at the ripe old age of 39. With all that extra time I got back into the 360 a year or so ago, this is actually my first Madden since the one with Vick on the front(when he was with Atlanta), and I really like it and I'm as hard as anybody on sports games because that's really all I play. NHL today, FIFA in two weeks, love this time of year!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
With four kids and a crazy job as a longshoreman I kinda got out of video games for a good 7 years or so, but back in Sept. of 2010 I got hurt really bad on the job, basically retiring me at the ripe old age of 39. With all that extra time I got back into the 360 a year or so ago, this is actually my first Madden since the one with Vick on the front(when he was with Atlanta), and I really like it and I'm as hard as anybody on sports games because that's really all I play. NHL today, FIFA in two weeks, love this time of year!

Haha! I hear you man.. My newborn and work has been slowing me down with this one but I do get alot of games in when I get the time. I've never missed a Madden even though 06 was testing my patience like this one is now..
Old 09-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #69
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

I have no problem with CPU rushing on me, yes I am a skilled player. Yes I am sim and yes I know about the 75 and under sliders = All Madden theory... But when it doesnt switch to custom in CCM you know the each difficulty has its Hard Coded perks. IMO thats obvious to man. So I call my sliders All-madden they look easy but if you play a few games you will know pending on team matchups it may be easy or tough game, my box scores have variety and star players are always on A game CPU & User both.

So far in my Raiders/Rams CCM Colts Donald Brown n Mewelde moore & Luck have been worst running team. teaming up for 14 carries & 53yards but it was also preseason.

Regular season on the other hand-
Chargers and Ryan Mathews 27 for 95 3.5avg
Reggie bush had 24 for 146 2Td's 6.0avg
Rashard Mendenhall 19 for 85 4.4 1td
Broncos Mcgahee 20 for 80 4.0avg 0td & Knowshon Moreno 4 for 29 2td's 7.2avg

If you don't score a TD you probably wont have a high average per carry as RB, but the CPU has scored on runs of 58, 35, 33, 15,11, 4, 1, so far this season..

Here is my YouTube channel posting plays with my sliders. Great runs by user and CPU, Great catches . CPU Big Ben throwing on run and avoiding sacks. AI teammates playing real to rating pass defense occasionally, Superstar CPU DB's baiting me into int's and more to come..

http://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43/videos

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
I have no problem with CPU rushing on me, yes I am a skilled player. Yes I am sim and yes I know about the 75 and under sliders = All Madden theory... But when it doesnt switch to custom in CCM you know the each difficulty has its Hard Coded perks. IMO thats obvious to man. So I call my sliders All-madden they look easy but if you play a few games you will know pending on team matchups it may be easy or tough game, my box scores have variety and star players are always on A game CPU & User both.

So far in my Raiders/Rams CCM Colts Donald Brown n Mewelde moore & Luck have been worst running team. teaming up for 14 carries & 53yards but it was also preseason.

Regular season on the other hand-
Chargers and Ryan Mathews 27 for 95 3.5avg
Reggie bush had 24 for 146 2Td's 6.0avg
Rashard Mendenhall 19 for 85 4.4 1td
Broncos Mcgahee 20 for 80 4.0avg 0td & Knowshon Moreno 4 for 29 2td's 7.2avg

If you don't score a TD you probably wont have a high average per carry as RB, but the CPU has scored on runs of 58, 35, 33, 15,11, 4, 1, so far this season..

Here is my YouTube channel posting plays with my sliders. Great runs by user and CPU, Great catches . CPU Big Ben throwing on run and avoiding sacks. AI teammates playing real to rating pass defense occasionally, Superstar CPU DB's baiting me into int's and more to come..

http://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43/videos
I don't mean to come off snotty, but if the sliders are so good, why not post them? Unless you did and I just missed it.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 AM   #71
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

I have my own thread I'm not trying to be the lesser known slider man pulling a hijack but I'm a rookie to advocating my set to people. I've laid out box scores and some videos of rarely seen stuff in madden sort of.

I'm not even saying my set is the best I just believe my set plays a good game of football and it's pretty dynamic they work on Very Slow or Slow Game Speed and the also are functioning with thresholds 50-100 obviously higher the thresh, the tougher the Pass D and such

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
I have my own thread I'm not trying to be the lesser known slider man pulling a hijack but I'm a rookie to advocating my set to people. I've laid out box scores and some videos of rarely seen stuff in madden sort of.

I'm not even saying my set is the best I just believe my set plays a good game of football and it's pretty dynamic they work on Very Slow or Slow Game Speed and the also are functioning with thresholds 50-100 obviously higher the thresh, the tougher the Pass D and such
Sorry, didn't see your thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »