Home

Pro could be the way to go

This is a discussion on Pro could be the way to go within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Pro could be the way to go

Pro is definitely the way to go.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I wanna be tripped out?...lol
After seeing your thread about pro,it got me to thinking....I said "self,what would happen if I took it to the extreme",so I lowered it to rookie...YES rookie...lol using my own sliders.

I tested this in my online cc,against the Ravens of all teams...I wanted to see how rookie played since you were trying pro...I was mainly looking at their running game.

The outcome?....those damn Ravens ran the ball down my throat all way for a touchdown...Flacco only needed to throw 1 time,as Rice and Addai tore my Steeler defense to shreds with the running game,I couldn't believe it.

I'm no "master" at this game,but I ain't no slouch either,I was simply dumbfounded at the results. I even threw my best run blitzes at them,to no avail. I wish I would've remembered the #'s (or maybe I don't...lol) but Flacco only needing 1 pass,and the rest was running,should tell you all you need to know.

I only had a chance to play a little bit of the game,so I'll have to finish it later,but if the whole game turns out like the short bit I played,Rice will have over 200 yds on me...lol
Could it be that maybe they have the level listed wrong. Like rookie is actually all Madden? I play on all madden and I destroy the CPU and now we have guys claiming how pro and Rookie can be a serious problem. This can be a great find
Old 09-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Could it be that maybe they have the level listed wrong. Like rookie is actually all Madden? I play on all madden and I destroy the CPU and now we have guys claiming how pro and Rookie can be a serious problem. This can be a great find
It's not really the challenge that makes pro or dare i say rookie better than all-madden. It's the realism that does. I just think at least in the games i played on pro that the computer makes better decisions. Right now I'm just having problems settling on game speed and threshold. That seems to be universal among most of the slider makers on the forum. Very slow is good for the best animations, but what i don't like about it is that it feels like you are playing in quicksand and that throws don't come off the qb very strong. But if you do play on that speed, it is important that you increase tackling for human/cpu to around 50. On slow and above, you need to lower tackling to 25 or lower or else you see too many wwe hits. I think i'm going to stick with either slow or normal with tackling at 15 and 5 respectively.

Last edited by mooch49; 09-15-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

There is no way that the levels are listed wrong. I believe, instead, its just that the levels are programmed poorly in CCM. Instead of just making things harder, going to allpro or allmadden in CCM change behaviors and CPU logic, in some cases for the worse.

I havent tried this yet, howeer, at some, I will have to.

After I finish my ccm game that I am playing I might boot a fresh test CCM just to play this for a game and see what I find...

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
Rookie

mikemck09's Arena

OVR: 1

I think its an "Ego" thing for a lot of dudes here on OS to HAVE to play on All Madden... I tried sets on Pro a little after every set on All Pro and All Madden were failing to no avail and I have had success reaching realism both statistically and gameplay wise... I don't get how some guys could b--ch and moan about a Difficulty Setting that is broken but they never go lower than All Madden because they feel they are too good for it... Great find bro, I will plug these in to check how they play out... Just wonder how is the User WR Catching on 25, afraid it might produce crazy drops... I played a Test CCM on with a Test Default M12 All Madden slider set and the User Catching was at 25 and I had guys dropping wide open passes about every 3 attempts... Good luck with this man,
Old 09-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #14
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

I agree that the AI QB makes better reads/throws on PRO. That was the first thing that jumped out at me.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #15
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Im getting ran on even with correct run commits.

Try these:

User rush defense sliders
CPU Run blocking and break tackles:100
Threshold:75
Gamespeed slow'

No switching/only use D-line.

Shaun Green had 141 yards and 1 TD. Jamaal Charles had 84 before he got injured in the 2nd and his backup had 118 yards and 2 TD. And now im playing the browns with 43 seconds left in the third and Richardson has 159 yards on 14 carries and 2 TD's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemck09
I think its an "Ego" thing for a lot of dudes here on OS to HAVE to play on All Madden... I tried sets on Pro a little after every set on All Pro and All Madden were failing to no avail and I have had success reaching realism both statistically and gameplay wise... I don't get how some guys could b--ch and moan about a Difficulty Setting that is broken but they never go lower than All Madden because they feel they are too good for it... Great find bro, I will plug these in to check how they play out... Just wonder how is the User WR Catching on 25, afraid it might produce crazy drops... I played a Test CCM on with a Test Default M12 All Madden slider set and the User Catching was at 25 and I had guys dropping wide open passes about every 3 attempts... Good luck with this man,
That was a concern as well. But good news. I definitely don't see an inordinate amount of drops by the user. Probably because it's pro level even though slider is at 25

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »