Home

Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders

This is a discussion on Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #17
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Realistic - Ratings Based - Zero Sliders

CPU QBA the only way to improve CPU ability to find the open guy?

BTW

Playing Ravens at Patriots with 0 thresh, CPU tackle at 25. Outside toss to right to Rice, Hightower beats TE block and I panic and juke left into him with the ball in my left hand. Boom! Knocks the ball out and Ninkovich returns it 30 yards for the TD. Damn..lol

Got a FG on the next drive but then Brady got a couple good throws on the next drive. Hit Welker on a 16 yard screen pass. Lloyd caught me in a zone for 30. A broken up pass and a few runs along the way by Ridley. Best thing was at the goalline Brady threw back to back lobs to the corner of the endzone. I was able to break up the first one but hernandez boxed me out on the 2nd for a TD.

Brady steps up into the pocket against 4 man rush, takes two sight steps right, and flings it 40 yards to hernandez crossing through the zone and of course I take the last defender and make a bad angle and he's free to run the rest of the way. Seems like Brady came to play today.

I cant convert a third down with Flacco and have thrown away the run game and its showing. Only have 3 pts in the third. 163 yards passing but cant get into scoring range or get a big big play. Only 8 yards rushing. Need to get back to pounding the ball and see how I can score in the 4th.

Wes Welker returned a punt for a TD. The CPU's stick skills improved with RBK.

Got a kickoff Return with Jacoby after that last Hernandez TD. Gave up yards but held them to two FG attempts. Missed the first and made the second. Still couldn't get into scoring range until garbage time. FInally got a TD.

Even though it was a blowout the other way I definitely like this feel better. It was more physical. With the Human BTK at 15 and the CPU tackle at 25 worked well. Had Boldin break a tackle on a curl and get upfield a bit (hes so slow..lol). The shifty guys still weaved their way thru (welker). Had Lewis make a waist wrap sling down tackle.

Brady 16/22 247 2 TDs> probably attempted 4/5 WR screens.
Ridley 15 for 55
Welker 6 for 29, Lloyd 4 for 57, Hernandez 3 for 96 and 2 TDs (Long of 84, 59 YAC)
Gronk 2 for 34, Ridley 1 for 11

I was 22.39 for 254 no TDs or INTs, Fkacci felt so inaccurate compared to matt ryan. Easily had 4 passes to wide open guys that were over thrown high or left or right, sometimes because i used the left stick and sometimes because of bad timing. Rice had 13 rushes for 19 yards. Ill play another game to see how a different run D plays.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-11-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:36 AM   #18
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Another game at the half. Me as the Bills hosting the Raiders. Winning 14-9

Was able to get a solid ground game going. broke a 50 yarder to end the second half, got tackled out of bounds at 30 by the Safety on spiller. the safety came in hard from across the field downfield at spiller after about 12 yards on an off tackle left run. I started to get outside the numbers as he was approaching and he turned upfield and started running with me. Instead of directly behind he ran on my right side and jwas able to slow me down after running with me for 30 yards at a slight angle. That was good to see.

Played much better at QB. Keeping things short and in control and checking it down whenever I saw a bltz. Ended up 11 for 11 for 123 with a long of 32. Palmer was 8/10 for 119 with a long of 30. They couldn't convert on my side of the field and kicked 3 field goals McFadden couldnt get going. Only getting 2 YPC. But they had 12 yard runs by goodson and reece and an 11 yarder by bey. Only Myers, the TE, and McFadden caught more than 1 pass. Sounds like Palmer lol.

Definitely taking these sliders to CCM with 0 Thresh. Lots of variation in the play.

2nd Half I was able to hold on to win 21-20 thanks to some 4tj QTR turnover by the raiders. Was able to get a user strip on a WR deep in Raiders territory with less than 5 minutes left. Somehow I miss the field goal but on the next drive get an interception with barnett over the middle and ice the game on offense. In the third I couldn't get anything going and they got another field goal. Made another drive in the 4th and finally got a TD but I returned the following kickoff for a TD and thats when the turnovers played out.

I missed the crucial throws in the 2nd half that were keeping my drives going in the first half and I was held scoreless even though I did move the ball. I made 2 or 3 overthrows that killed drives. Finished 19/25 for 190 1TD/1INT long 32. Spiller had 16 for 114. Jackson 7 for 1, he came in for the fullhouse formation and it was getting stuffed. Spiller led with 7 recptions for 53, jones 4 for 46, TE 2 for 31.

Palmer did well but that turnover at the end lost the game. 15/21 201 long of 30. McFadden had a better second half and went from 6 for 12 to 15 for 56. Goodson 5 for 29 and Reece 2 for 19. Moore and Ford got catches, 2 and 1. But Myers led with 5 catches for 96 yards.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 01-11-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
As far as Sproles breaking tackles. As a Falcons fans I've seen many of missed tackles against him. But like you said sometimes they dont get him anywhere. Players come in too fast, use poor technique, go for the big hit/strip and miss tackles on most plays. At least the first guy misses, look at all the YAC yards players are getting in the NFL. You consistently hear people talk about how bad tackling has gotten. Maybe its a personal thing but I like the feeling of having to swarm RBs because the first guy isnt a guarantee.
True, but Fletcher is an elite tackler, an all-pro LB. He had 139 tackles this season. At 37. 1900 tackles in his career - only once since 2000 has he recorded under 120 tackles. I could see someone in the 70's and lower 80's in TAK getting thrown off like that. Those guys would have the occasionally (or often) bad technique. And most CBs being a toss up (and weaker/inconsistent safeties) makes sense, but a top guy like Fletcher?

Next game I play, I'll try 25 in tackles. Most linebackers in the NFL make at least 80% of their tackle attempts (and that's the minimum, really - top tier literally made around 95% last season). I hope 25 will get at least those guys to be more reliable.

Last edited by KBLover; 01-11-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

OVR: 3

[quote=wordtobigbird;2044604325]CPU QBA the only way to improve CPU ability to find the open guy?

I've found that lowering Intentional Grounding helps with the CPU accuracy and completion %. However, if you put it too low the CPU will check down to the RB constantly. I tested it at 25 and the CPU RB's would have 10+ catches. I currently have it at 40 and that seems to be a nice number.

Also, raising DPI from 25 to 50 should open up their passing game as well.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #21
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
True, but Fletcher is an elite tackler, an all-pro LB. He had 139 tackles this season. At 37. 1900 tackles in his career - only once since 2000 has he recorded under 120 tackles. I could see someone in the 70's and lower 80's in TAK getting thrown off like that. Those guys would have the occasionally (or often) bad technique. And most CBs being a toss up (and weaker/inconsistent safeties) makes sense, but a top guy like Fletcher?

Next game I play, I'll try 25 in tackles. Most linebackers in the NFL make at least 80% of their tackle attempts (and that's the minimum, really - top tier literally made around 95% last season). I hope 25 will get at least those guys to be more reliable.
I hear ya. Try CPU rblk and tackle at 25 with 0 thresh. I left human run D all zeros and tackled well enough on D and the CPU steps it up at 25. I switch a lot of defense and try to make every tackle/play on the ball myself if possible and I still feel I can make one on one tackles.

Really appreciate your input. Those tackle % are interesting. I haven't seen that many miss tackles by the same player. Fletcher wiffed on how many tackles? Lewis and reed made a few one on one tackles when I had the ravens. Going to play against the bears and see how urlacher tackles compared to the rest of his team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #22
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

[quote=tamburo22;2044604983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
CPU QBA the only way to improve CPU ability to find the open guy?

I've found that lowering Intentional Grounding helps with the CPU accuracy and completion %. However, if you put it too low the CPU will check down to the RB constantly. I tested it at 25 and the CPU RB's would have 10+ catches. I currently have it at 40 and that seems to be a nice number.

Also, raising DPI from 25 to 50 should open up their passing game as well.
Definitely seen the effect of intential grounding. I had it at zero before and instant checkdowns and at 100 sack taking. I left it at 50 and get good results. Brady and palmer played well, by their standards. I'll give it a go at 40
Old 01-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/148260462

Strip

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/148260503

Spiller run and Defensive Pursuit angle

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/148260630

CPU wilson
Old 01-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #24
Rookie

boltzfn's Arena

OVR: 2

Interesting idea on the 0 base sliders, I am using them right now and actually enjoy them. I play as the Chargers and they seem to be pretty realistic, like I struggle against pass heavy teams, and cant score a frikin touchdown to save my life in the second half! Ok the last parts not true, just a little anger releasing. Plus being a casual Maddden gamer I like the fact they are not super hardcore, but not super easy either. Nice work

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »