Home

Help choosing sliders

This is a discussion on Help choosing sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help choosing sliders

I haven't played Madden since '10 as i have stayed mainly on NCAA series, but I just got this years Madden of eBay to try it out as NCAA 13 was a major bust.

I am pretty good on NCAA series (AA Sliders no more than 1-2 losses a season as Wisconsin)

But I struggle a lot with Madden.

I tried using Authetic's sliders which were horrible for me in the preseason as I couldn't do anything until the 4th quarter. I would give up ~15 yards a carry to CJ Spiller and Matt Forte, and Ashlon Jeffery torched me for close to 100 yards on 4 receptions in 1 quarter meanwhile on the offensive side Alfred Morris was completely useless as in both games he never had a carry of 5 yards and his average was under 1.5 ypc RG3 was sacked almost 3/4 of his dropbacks and would get chased down by DT's which isn't realistic(minus Ngata)

I would classify myself as a Madden noob, but in about 1 season I believe after getting comfortable I will be able to move to all Pro but in the meantime I need a easier slider set before I give up.

Also is there a Madden version of Roster Uploads or am I stuck with Ea Sports rosters updates?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Banned

Drtro's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Help choosing sliders

Just play on All-Pro with Interceptions turned down to 25 or so. It'll give you a better experience than most sliders posted here.

I've been happy playing with KB's set and the two zero-based sliders.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
Banned

Drtro's Arena

Also read through the Wiki.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=587058

Here are links to KB's and the two zero-based slider. One plays on Fast and the other Slow.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=592327

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=599214

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=586043
Old 01-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Drtro has a good idea (and not just because he mentioned my sets lol).

Start tweaking your sliders based on what's hard/easy for you. Ultimately, any slider set is going to need tailoring to you. As you learn the game and get better, that will lead to more tweaking as well.

Starting with default and going from there is excellent advice. If you start putting up 80% completion with any scrub QB, you'll know it's time to turn your QB Accuracy down. If you struggle running the ball right now, increase your run blocking, things like that.

Then you can enjoy the game and your team as you learn, and when you do improve, you can start making things harder for your in those areas as you develop.

Also, don't be afraid to just experiment. See what something does. Heck, that's how a lot of slider makers on this forum come up with things and are still coming up with things. If you don't like something you're seeing - mess with the slider for it. See what happens (use a different CCM so you don't mess up your "main" files with the experimenting).
Old 01-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you all for quickly replying with information as I will try out these sliders I took as a combination of wiki, KB's, knowledge of my skill on last used sliders

Game Speed: Slow
Threshold: 40(I like to see speed affect the game)
Fatigue: 40
Injuries: 55

FG Power: 60(Kai Forbath had trouble with 45 yd attempts with slider at 50 which is not realistic as in real life he had plenty of range and could get ~55 yards next year)
Accuracy: 45
Punt Power: 55
Punt Acc: 100
Kickoff Power: 60(Not seeing as many touchbacks as real life)

QB Acc 20(Kirk Cousins[yes not the best QB to go off of] was missing my WR by 5,10 yards with no pressure, RG3's deep ball was like he was playing against the Seahawks.
Pass Block 35
WR Catching 50(Had it at 55, but not enough drops)
Break Tackle 25
Run Block 35
Fumbles 10
Pass Defense React Time : 20
Interceptions: 20
Pass Rushing 35
Rush React Time 25(Opponent RB were having a too high YPC)
Block Shedding 5
Tackling 20

CPU

QB Accuracy 15
Pass Blocking 25
WR Catching 50
Broken Tackles 23(RB's were making too many broken tackles)
Run Blocking 33(Holes were gigantic)
Fumbles 10
Pass Defense Reaction Time 18(To many passes batted down)
Interceptions 20
Pass Rushing 30(Sacked almost 3 of 4 dropbacks)
Rush Defense Reaction Time 18
Block Shedding 5
Tackling 20

Will post result of Washington verse Chicago of my next preseason game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
Banned

Drtro's Arena

For months I played on All-Pro with INT and RBK set to 25 and had fun. But I wanted to get a more realistic "ratings matter" and started going with all 0 sets.

Just start with a default difficulty. Play 3-4 games and take notes.
If the running is too easy, turn down run block.
If you threw 9 interceptions in 4 games, turn CPU INT down.

Just play a few games and take notes on different things. Try not to change sliders after every game unless it's something you majorly can't stand. On default All-Pro, I turned down RBK because I was getting 6-10 yards a carry!

Play a few games to get a feel for it, don't quit after a game and change things.

And remember, things I rarely see addressed on sliders; top HBs average 4-5 yards per carry. Average. Not every carry. The one reason I hate most sliders on these forums. Getting around 100 yards a game is unlikely, even the best in the league have their 20-40-yard days.

Last edited by Drtro; 01-19-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

There are three constants I've realized playing this game the last few months. They are game speed, threshold, and tackling. All effect each other. For example, if you play on slow, then threshold should be 75 and tackle should be 75. If you play on fast, threshold should be 25, tackle at 25. Normal would be 50 for both. Very slow would be 100's. Very Fast would be 0's. Try to stick with this formula when adjusting your slider set.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
Banned

Drtro's Arena

Did you get that backwards? I'd rather have 100 Threshold on Very Fast than Very Slow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »