Home

Roadman's Demo Sliders

This is a discussion on Roadman's Demo Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Roadman's Demo Sliders

I like these quite a bit. When the pocket collapses, the AI QB was realistically shuffling around and throwing inaccurate passes. When the pocket was preserved, the AI QB was making nice, accurate throws. The problem is that the pocket wasn't collapsing enough. Need to figure out a way to generate at least more push by the D-linemen. The issue with this however, is that more push will result in more sacks which I don't necessarily want. The QB tends to hold on to the ball far too long.

The running game is great. Zone coverage seems pretty weak still. Too many players just standing in their zone and reacting to throws rather then proactively covering receivers that jump in their zones. This allowed far too many easy 10 yard passes over the middle.

Some of the "legacy" quirks still exist which piss me off. The worst is when you throw a screen pass and the receiver runs back toward you (WTF???) to catch it, resulting in a big loss because the D line who collapse on you turn around and gang beat him. I hate hate hate this. The other is on a crossing route where the catch animation takes him out of bounds instead of stopping and running up field. Also, receivers don't attack the ball on fade passes (DB's do though which is nice).

My fears are coming to light regarding option runs a bit more, as I think they will be cheese this year. I might have to house rule it and limit it to only a few times ran a game.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

I just played a half of 9ers/Ravens... I was up 13-7 going into the break...

Playing with your sliders really make this game amazing! I used Gameflow for the first time and holy **** I'm sold!! I managed to get a sack with the Ravens D and I had pressure on Colin almost every snap, it was golden! Kap was 1-5 for 3 yards with an INT, Gore had 5 carries for 21 yards... I pretty much controlled the 1st half.

Thanks so much for these sliders!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #11
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

Will you be making retail sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

That's a very good question and to give an honest answer, it will be very spotty.

The reason is I will only have the game two days and our son will be heading off to college with the Slim 360. Coming home probably when laundry piles up and breaks.

In fairness to the other slider makers, I won't start another thread and just use this one.

Thanks you to everyone that is using these as a base and good luck with the retail Madden.

I owe a special gratitude to the NCAA slider makers. Many thoughts and theories from these came from there.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
MVP

These sliders feel very good.

And yet I am up 28-0 on the Ravens at half.

Is it just that happen to be reading everything perfectly this one game?
Old 08-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Could be, one game is a small sample size.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
MVP

Final stats:

SF 56 BAL 14

Flacco 15/28 238 YDS 1TD 2 INT
Kapernick 17/22 251 3TD 1INT 1 Rushing TD

Rice 15 ATT 35YDS 2 FumBles
Gore 13 ATT 157YDS 2TD

Boldin 10 REC 161 YDS 2TD
Davis 4REC 48YDS 1 TD
Smith 3Rec 93 Yds 1TD

6 total turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Could be, one game is a small sample size.

That is what I am thinking. It played great. I think I just happened to get a couple breaks. (2 turnovers for TDS).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »