Home

MADDEN 12 for 2013-14 (replace M25/M13) NEW Slider COLLECTION & Current Rosters

This is a discussion on MADDEN 12 for 2013-14 (replace M25/M13) NEW Slider COLLECTION & Current Rosters within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #41
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MADDEN 12 for 2013-14 (replace M25/M13) NEW Slider COLLECTION & Current Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey31
I am as well. Out of curiosity what did you mean by sliders affecting high-end guys? Like these slider sets make them less spectacular, or did you mean the default slider sets do? I personally have come to fear several DEs in 4-3 defenses, and OLBs in 3-4, by the 2nd half after a holding penalty on a 3rd & 18. Maybe its just me, but I block down TE's and FB's specifically to give me an extra half second on long downs, and I do it to the side of the line where that RE or LE is coming from too. If anything, I'd say I am much more "afraid" of the star players than I ever have been in a Madden game. Default sliders never made me afraid of anyone in particular. Even the premier CB's on default weren't even in my thought process during play selection. But they/some are now. Suggs, for instance, got me 4 times in one game AFTER I started blocking down TE's and FB's. You won't hurt my feelings, if you're seeing something different in coach mode I'd love to hear an example. Are extra low rated players getting higher sack numbers than the "stars?"

I'm interested. I've used Madden Roster Editor V1 for about 75+ hours since August, mostly converting rosters from 25 to 12/13. I'm open to do global changes if someone can do some testing and let me know some moderate numbers/attributes to change for which players.

Hi-jack away. Also feel free to post in my roster thread [PS3] Hex Edited Madden 25 Roster for Madden 12 and 13 over there. There are several guys willing to test and work on roster files that check in regularly over there.

For sure. Let's figure out what I need to adjust globally, and I'll give it a go!

I'm willing to work on this using my converted rosters, and I'm pretty fluent in Madden Editor at this point. I really just need to know what to change and how much.

Thanks for the props! Feel free to post more info/stats/thoughts. I enjoyed reading your detailed responses, I plan to test several things you brought up as well.

cheers to all!
I'm definitely all in with this. Whatever is needed from a testing perspective I am more than cool with. Let's get these global roster edits under way!

What I meant by my previous post is that it seems like the premiere players aren't much different from the low-end guys. If I have a high-end G or T, he often just gets pushed to ground or ran around. And the same goes the other way. If I have a premiere DE or T, he gets handled rather easily. Almost like the plays are scripted. Keep in mind, I play on coach mode with equal sliders. It seems to me when the sliders are adjusted it globally adjusts all of the players ratings and makes them more equal. I can't tell much difference between a 90+ WR and a 70+ WR - same goes for QB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #42
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: MADDEN 12 for 2013-14 (replace M25/M13) NEW Slider COLLECTION & Current Rosters

Quote:
21 pages is going to take me a minute or two to read all of. Before I do, is there anything as far as global edits that you guys all nailed down? Or is there anything that you think could be edited semi-globally, as in 90-99 OVR ILB +6 PRC, 80-89 OVR ILB +3 PRC, or something similar to that? I've gotten pretty efficient with Madden Editor, Bruteforce, and the editor's DB/CSV export files. I can whip stuff together pretty quick if I know exactly what needs changed.
Oh you don't have to read the whole thing. Each of the links in that post link to specific posts detailing which edits to do. Unfortunately it won't be global.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #43
Pro

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Oh you don't have to read the whole thing. Each of the links in that post link to specific posts detailing which edits to do. Unfortunately it won't be global.
I read through the whole thread. Started and couldn't stop. Thank you for sharing the ideas, testing, and collaboration from your thread. I quoted a bunch of stuff in the thread so I could mostly remember what I just read. Kinda like a Cliff's Notes post.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #44
Pro

trey31's Arena

I posted a roster file over here. Its experimental, but contains global edits to attributes that will hopefully eliminate Super LBs and DT's getting 9/10 of the team's sacks, increases OLB/DE chances for sacks, lowers DT pursuit, increase LB/S pursuit which should increase tackles for them and decrease 180 spin tackles by DTs.

Last edited by trey31; 12-12-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #45
Pro

trey31's Arena

Edited the HB In/Out Substitution again. 88 Out results in some leaving in the 4th Quarter and not returning. 58 (which I changed it to) is way to low. I had RB1 get 29 carries, and RB2 get only 1, and that was from the Pistol formation with both of them on the field at the same time. So 58 is waaay to low, as they'll never leave for a breather basically. So I'm trying 83/90 now. It may go to 78/85 if they're still leaving the game in the 4th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #46
Pro

trey31's Arena

Super LB is now gone for sure!

Still testing the DT edits to decrease PMV and the OLB/DE edits to increase PMV. I've got another CPU v CPU sim going right now, will check its stats after the PIT v CIN SNF game.

UPDATE:
MIA v MIA on my EB slider set, all penalty sliders the same as current on post #1.

1 sack combined by both teams in 48 game minutes. It was Dion Jordan, the RDE. LLB Koa Misi had 5 TFL, SS Reshad Jones had 3 TFL, everyone else listed here by position only had one each: LDE, RDE, MLB, CB, CB, RDE, RLB, CB, MLB, DT, RDE.

So that makes 1 sack by a RDE.
Tackles for Loss: 5 by a LLB, 3 by a SS, 3 by CBs, 2 by RDEs, 2 by MLB, and 1 each by LDE, RLB, DT.

Total Tackle Leaders by Position:
Team 1:
MLB 12 (7 solo)
FS 10 (3 solo; this looks great actually considering the FS only made 3 solo tackles)
SS 7 (5 solo; realistic enough for me)
LLB 5 (solo 2)
RLB 5 (solo 2)
CB 5 (solo 2)
RE 3 (solo 1)
DT 3 (solo 0; as in the 3 total tackles were all assists)
CB 3 (solo 3)
CB 3 (solo 2)
RE 2 (solo 2)
MLB 2 (solo 2)
DT 2 (solo 1)

Team 2:
LLB 10 (9 solo, 5 were TFLs)
SS 9 (solo 5)
MLB 9 (solo 3)
RLB 6 (solo 4)
FS 3 (solo 3)
CB 3 (solo 2)
LLB 3 (solo 2)
MLB 3 (solo 2)
RE 3 (solo 2)
CB 3 (solo 1)
RE 2 (solo 2)
DT 2 (solo 2)
FS 2 (solo 2)
CB 2 (solo 1)
RLB 2 (solo 1)
SS 2 (solo 0)

One thing that jumps out at me, the LBs and Safeties are making the vast majority of the tackles. The DTs are getting more assists than solo tackles (more realistic than typical Madden 12), and many fewer tackles overall. The distribution of total tackles didn't seem to inflate the DEs either considering their PMV was raised. As far as the eye test goes, I watched about 12 total minutes of the first half, missed all of the 2nd half. But I have to say at least 9/10 of the hurries on the QBs came from the DEs, blitzing OLBs (4-3) and blitzing NCBs and SSs. That along with the lone sack coming from a RDE, and all those TFL coming from everyone BUT the DTs is a nice change. More testing to come. So far this looks like its shaping up well!!

Last edited by trey31; 12-15-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #47
Pro

trey31's Arena

Another thing is both Tannehill QBs completed 64% and 65% of their passes with TDs and INTs so thats promising. Also Miller averaged 4.1 and 6.0, and that one is explained by an 80yd run. Without it he has a 3.0 avg.

Overall these look good. Gonna start another tonight.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #48
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Another thing is both Tannehill QBs completed 64% and 65% of their passes with TDs and INTs so thats promising. Also Miller averaged 4.1 and 6.0, and that one is explained by an 80yd run. Without it he has a 3.0 avg.

Overall these look good. Gonna start another tonight.
Responded to your initial post in my thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »