Home

John Madden saying the Madden games aren't realistic?!?

This is a discussion on John Madden saying the Madden games aren't realistic?!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2005, 03:17 AM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: John Madden saying the Madden games aren't realistic?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
i remember him saying something of that matter awhile ago on an older version of madden he said he watched his son play a game and the score was like 60-50 and it was no punts plus they were going for it on 4th down all the time. I dont know if he said recently but i wouldnt be surprised if he did
I don't think it'd be a bad idea to put something in the game where you HAVE to punt in normal situations, and you can only go for it on 4th down when the AI finds it realistic/neccesary. But then again EA can't do anything right the first time around, so it'd prolly be awful, flawed, and have terrible timing. Maybe it could be an option you could turn on and off, it'd be cool to combat online cheese. Turn on "Special Teams Lock" or something before a game.

But it'd be cool on 4th and 6 in the first quarter to have the playbook pop up and your only options are to punt, kick a field goal, or fake it.

I typically don't cheese, but I'll admit that if I'm a good team and it's 4th and 1 in the first quarter on my own 45 I'll go for it, and obviously get it 90% of the time.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-05-2005, 07:23 AM   #10
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I don't think it'd be a bad idea to put something in the game where you HAVE to punt in normal situations, and you can only go for it on 4th down when the AI finds it realistic/neccesary. But then again EA can't do anything right the first time around, so it'd prolly be awful, flawed, and have terrible timing. Maybe it could be an option you could turn on and off, it'd be cool to combat online cheese. Turn on "Special Teams Lock" or something before a game.

But it'd be cool on 4th and 6 in the first quarter to have the playbook pop up and your only options are to punt, kick a field goal, or fake it.
Do you have XBOX? Because on Live it is already like that. Fair play rules or something like that.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyphanatic5
what about

"and he just gets it across the goal line" al michaels

"it sure was..his lineman created a little push" john madden

"Some yards are better than none yards."

Al-"He got hit by a truck that play"
John-"Yeah, a 2 ton truck pulling a trailer."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2005, 09:51 PM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I don't think it'd be a bad idea to put something in the game where you HAVE to punt in normal situations, and you can only go for it on 4th down when the AI finds it realistic/neccesary. But then again EA can't do anything right the first time around, so it'd prolly be awful, flawed, and have terrible timing.
I think developers are getting ahead of themselves when they try to contrive these types of things. Instead, they should ask Why wouldn't a real NFL team go for it on 4th and 10?
Answer: Low chance of success, and it would give the opponent good field position.
Conclusion: If users are going for it on 4th and 10, it is probably a little too easy to move the ball in the game, and field position isn't all that important.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:17 AM   #13
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Question Re: John Madden saying the Madden games aren't realistic?!?

I have a problem with madden franchise mode, there are no injuries I have played 11 season and have never had an offensive or defensive lineman miss a game, I watch pro football and I know that Injuries are part of the game
I would just like to find out what it is like to play a game with a makeshift offensive or defensive line. I go to the injured reserve list and see every team has a list of players missing game and when I come to my team everyone is healthy. I would like ea to put a slider in and allow us to determine how many players get injured or you can turn it off if you would like to have your team healthy for the whole season.
I heard a rumor on a business station regarding ea stock it is strong but some electronic company was inquiring about buying the company, if anyone has heard of this let the rest of the Madden players crew know.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:30 PM   #14
BAS
Banned

OVR: 1

Hasn't anyone heard of "sliders"? If it's too easy to move the ball, then stop playing on 'Rookie', and set your slider settings to make the game harder.

NOTE: No brain power was required for the above idea - just common sense.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #15
Rookie

nosice's Arena

OVR: 1

Announcers that should replace... the madden and al michaels...

Go back to Good ol' Pat sumerall..

Actually i wounldnt mind hearing Joe Buck or What's his name Engram.. WHo I believe is analyzing with MNF reject deirdorf.. That would be nice..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2005, 04:53 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosice
Announcers that should replace... the madden and al michaels...

Go back to Good ol' Pat sumerall..

Actually i wounldnt mind hearing Joe Buck or What's his name Engram.. WHo I believe is analyzing with MNF reject deirdorf.. That would be nice..
Do you mean Dick Enberg? I wouldnt mind him either. I also wouldnt mind Dick Stockton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »