Home

How can EA dare to claim the game will improve even with the exclusive rights?

This is a discussion on How can EA dare to claim the game will improve even with the exclusive rights? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2005, 11:13 AM   #25
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: How can EA dare to claim the game will improve even with the exclusive rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
How can EA dare to claim the game will improve? Well, that's because they fully intend to improve the game. They try to please their public every year. The world isn't going to end because you don't have a choice in your NFL video game this year. Thousands of gamers are thrilled with the EA product every year. You're one voice of millions. Just because you don't like the improvements year to year, that doesn't mean the game hasn't improved.

What? They try and please thier public every year??
Like when they took out Season mode in MM? Improvements and Add ons are totally different IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2005, 11:15 AM   #26
Vyce3

OVR:
Re: How can EA dare to claim the game will improve even with the exclusive rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Still isn't close to the quality of Papyrus game, IMO.
Yes that was my point. And FIFA isn't close to Pro Evolution Soccer / Winning Eleven. And EA bought exclusive rights to licenses for those 2 games....

History will repeat itself

Old 01-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #27
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Still isn't close to the quality of Papyrus game, IMO.
Several people have posted something like this. Imo, that's totally irrelevant to this discussion. The question was "how can EA claim the game will improve even with the exclusive rights?" Whether you like the NASCAR games EA has published since they obtained the exclusive rights is equally irrelevant.

The only question that is relevant to the topic at hand is "has EA made an effort to improve their NASCAR games, even though they are the only game in town?". Frankly, I don't see how any reasonable person can say anything other than "yes". You may not like their games, but to argue they aren't trying simply isn't correct. For that reason, I believe that the commonly accepted notion that EA will sit on the Madden franchise and just rake in the dough is equally incorrect.

Last edited by coogrfan; 01-24-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:41 PM   #28
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
What? They try and please thier public every year??
Like when they took out Season mode in MM? Improvements and Add ons are totally different IMO.
Don't forget, they added create-a-fan.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-24-2005, 12:57 PM   #29
Vyce3

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Don't forget, they added create-a-fan.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:14 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 32

A company dont spend over a billion dollars on NFL/ESPN deal to a make a product better. They did it to kill competition and control development cost. What if EA said they are investing 200 million dollars in research and development for their games. Now that would have been a good thing. I respect diffrent opinions on this issues but I dont think people understand how bad this could be for folks that take sport gaming seriously. This is really bad.

I would love for a sport site to interview someone from Tiburon. Just off the record and here what they think about the deal. What did they get from this deal, basicly nothing. They already had NFL license and they didnt really need the ESPN deal. What they needed was more staff to help to develp their game but that wont happen now because EA wont spend more because of these deals.
There arent too many things improve in life without competition.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

The reason why it seems like they don't improve much every year is because the game remains on the same engine. They don't do a new engine year in and year out. They add to the existing one. Once they get the new engine out, then it will be significantly better than what they have out now and that's improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2005, 02:13 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The reason why it seems like they don't improve much every year is because the game remains on the same engine. They don't do a new engine year in and year out. They add to the existing one. Once they get the new engine out, then it will be significantly better than what they have out now and that's improvement.

and when will we see the new engine?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »