Home

why is the defense like superfast??

This is a discussion on why is the defense like superfast?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2005, 11:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
why is the defense like superfast??

along with the special teams. i mean, me and my boy were playing against each other and neither one of us could even return a kick or a punt back a few yards. as soon as we catch the ball, someone is waiting right there to tackle you. so far, we have had about 4 fumbled punts returned for tds because of this.

2) how do u scramble? cause i had mike vick and i was holding down l2. but it seemed like the defense was just as fast as he was. and there is no way a linebacker should be jsut as fast as mike vick. and i was going against the saints defense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
Rookie

scmaharaj03's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: why is the defense like superfast??

welcome 2 the nfl...linebackers run 4.7-4.9 40's...vick runs a 4.6....its possible, its more realistic this year then it has been since sega
Old 08-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #3
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

I agree with this. It is out of whack. If someone is comming at me from an angle they fly to me! If they are running from behind me it's not so fast. While I know an angle should help, the persuit speed is way to fast on default. I'm sure a slider could easily fix this though.

To scramble this year you just have to hold down the same button you use to snap the ball.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

i thought vick ran a 4.2-4.3
Old 08-11-2005, 12:27 PM   #5
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002
along with the special teams. i mean, me and my boy were playing against each other and neither one of us could even return a kick or a punt back a few yards. as soon as we catch the ball, someone is waiting right there to tackle you. so far, we have had about 4 fumbled punts returned for tds because of this.

2) how do u scramble? cause i had mike vick and i was holding down l2. but it seemed like the defense was just as fast as he was. and there is no way a linebacker should be jsut as fast as mike vick. and i was going against the saints defense
Were you holding down L2 AND X?? You have to hold down X as well to sprint, L2 does nothing other than to enable you to use all the rushing options: L2 + O spins, L2 + R1/R2 jukes, L2 + X sprints, etc...

Last edited by DickDalewood; 08-11-2005 at 12:31 PM.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
i thought vick ran a 4.2-4.3
Nah I don't think so, that is really fast, some of the fastest corners don't even run that.

Nevermind, just checked the internet and says he ran a 4.25 so you were right, wow that is freakin fast.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!

Last edited by Swervekid; 08-11-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

1. Because, the pro game is faster then the college game (if you are used to NCAA 06)
2. Just hold X if you are playing on the PS2, not sure about the Xbox, though...You can also throw on the scramble which is pretty cool

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »