Home

Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

This is a discussion on Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 01:55 PM   #145
All Star
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Near Syracuse, N.Y.
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
1) the fact is that as of right now, only a very small % of online players even know about this. The % of offline, non-internet gamers who know about it is probably even smaller.
2) If an opponent who does know about this could do it without having to worry about possible consequences I'd agree, but this years game gives you numerous ways to punish someone who tries this. If I were to play someone who abused this by stacking the line against the run, I would probably hit 'em with a formation specific audible (takes less time to make the change than changing formation) play action or long ball pass. Burn 'em a couple of times in this way, and I'll bet they stop doing it.
True. But in offline play, the CPU never audibles out of its play when you use the glitch to your advantage while playing defense.

You can say it's not a big deal all you want. It is to me as someone who plays almost exclusively offline and uses the Coach Cam on nearly every play. It's the Perfect Storm of glitches for me in Madden.

As I've said before, this is no different than a baseball game telling you what kind of pitch is coming before it leaves the pitcher's hand when men are on base. Yes, it doesn't tell you where the pitch is going and it doesn't happen in bases empty situations, but it's still a big glitch.

Something tells me a lot more people would agree that this is a big glitch if there was another new NFL game on the market this year besides Madden. I sense a lot of denial ...

Take care,
PK
pk500 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #146
Banned
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 9,530
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Well I never said Madden was bad at all, I just said it got stale after about the 3 weeks I had it. After playing many game it's just that I find myself saying been there done it, the cone passing I did enjoy and I was pretty good at it, unlike others who really couldn't play with it or just didn't like it. I thought it was a good idea from the start. After awhile it just didn't feel complete to me, There was no salary cap wich botherd me a bit, I know it;s just a game, and then the punt return issue was just bad, I thought moving to all madden fixed this issue, but I was wrong. I like to return punts, but never getting more then 5 yards on a punt returned just really bother the heck out of me. Like I said the fact that 2k5 was my all time favorite game had a little effect on my thinking too. I just think 2k5 is still that much better then Madde06, I just got too much love for 2k5 I quess. Madden was good but I quess it just wasn't for me anymore.
Funny, I think this is the best Madden but the game didnt feel fun. I rented it on XBOX and it felt like more of a job to play. I think the graphic engine is holding back a great football game. Too bad.
grunt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:31 PM   #147
#HTownTakeover #YWCF
 
coogrfan's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 15,571
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Will it help or would he know that you are changing your play?
If you change the play and then quickly snap the ball, it will create doubt in your opponent's mind. Do that to him a couple of times, and then mix it up by faking the audible call. Pretty soon they will have little or no idea when you're changing your play and when you aren't.
__________________
HOUSTON COUGARS FOOTBALL 2020 (2-1, 2-0)

Last game: Houston 37 Navy 21

Next game: 10/31 vs UCF

coogrfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #148
Banned
 
OVR: 32
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 9,530
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If you change the play and then quickly snap the ball, it will create doubt in your opponent's mind. Do that to him a couple of times, and then mix it up by faking the audible call. Pretty soon they will have little or no idea when you're changing your play and when you aren't.
You have to admit that is alot of trouble to play a game but I guess it works.
grunt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:39 PM   #149
#HTownTakeover #YWCF
 
coogrfan's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 15,571
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
True. But in offline play, the CPU never audibles out of its play when you use the glitch to your advantage while playing defense.

You can say it's not a big deal all you want. It is to me as someone who plays almost exclusively offline and uses the Coach Cam on nearly every play. It's the Perfect Storm of glitches for me in Madden.

As I've said before, this is no different than a baseball game telling you what kind of pitch is coming before it leaves the pitcher's hand when men are on base. Yes, it doesn't tell you where the pitch is going and it doesn't happen in bases empty situations, but it's still a big glitch.

Something tells me a lot more people would agree that this is a big glitch if there was another new NFL game on the market this year besides Madden. I sense a lot of denial ...

Take care,
PK
I see your point, and if I were exclusively a one-player gamer I might feel the same way. One question:in a one-player game, isn't it possible for you to not take unfair advantage of this(i.e. just don't stack the line if you see a run)?

As for your last point, this has apparently been "in the game" for years so I don't think there is any sort of "conspiracy of silence" at work. Most people just never noticed it before now.
__________________
HOUSTON COUGARS FOOTBALL 2020 (2-1, 2-0)

Last game: Houston 37 Navy 21

Next game: 10/31 vs UCF

coogrfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:40 PM   #150
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
As I've said before, this is no different than a baseball game telling you what kind of pitch is coming before it leaves the pitcher's hand when men are on base. Yes, it doesn't tell you where the pitch is going and it doesn't happen in bases empty situations, but it's still a big glitch.
It's funny because you keep making reference to a baseball game telling you what kind of pitch is coming before it leaves the pitcher's hand, and I keep saying to myself -- yeah, that's MVP Baseball 2005 with Hitter's Eye! Just an observation.

MVP is a great game by the way.
t_diddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 02:42 PM   #151
#HTownTakeover #YWCF
 
coogrfan's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 15,571
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
You have to admit that is alot of trouble to play a game but I guess it works.
Possibly so. In my case, what I wrote is pretty much how I've always played console fb games. Maybe that's why I'm not as bothered by this as some people seem to be.
__________________
HOUSTON COUGARS FOOTBALL 2020 (2-1, 2-0)

Last game: Houston 37 Navy 21

Next game: 10/31 vs UCF

coogrfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2005, 03:10 PM   #152
All Star
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Near Syracuse, N.Y.
Re: Tomorrow I'm going to do something I've never done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_diddy
It's funny because you keep making reference to a baseball game telling you what kind of pitch is coming before it leaves the pitcher's hand, and I keep saying to myself -- yeah, that's MVP Baseball 2005 with Hitter's Eye! Just an observation.

MVP is a great game by the way.
No, it's different, and I should be more clear.

This glitch tells you what the play will be before the snap so you can make adjustments. Hitters' Eye tells you the pitch as it's leaving the pitcher's hand.

A proper analogy would be if Hitters' Eye appeared on the screen before the pitcher even started his windup.

Take care,
PK
pk500 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Top -