Home

lets talk Madden 360 folks!

This is a discussion on lets talk Madden 360 folks! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2005, 01:13 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Cool Re: lets talk Madden 360 folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I urge caution and it would be wise to lower your expectations a bit for Madden 360 because I see no new info that would suggest that it is much different than the PS2 and XBOX versions. High expectations mean disappointment if the game is not that great. I remember Madden 2001 for the PS2 that was hyped out of this world and it was a very disappointing game. We could be in for a repeat.
I guess that you are not aware that the game is being made completly from scratch.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:22 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: lets talk Madden 360 folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholics
Let's hope EA comes out with an official statement guaranteeing consumers that the RB glitch won't exist in the 360 version.
Don't count on because this would mean admiting to the public that there is a huge glitch in there game, which might hurt sales. I expect they will turn a deaf ear to it when asked like they did with the lefty glitch for a while in MVP 04.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:03 AM   #19
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

sure hope this new engine is the best engine we have experienced..that is what is needed from EA..theyneed to wow us with a football game that is unreal.

i am so sick of the current madden engine i cant wait for it to die.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:11 AM   #20
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Let's hope EA comes out with an official statement guaranteeing consumers that the RB glitch won't exist in the 360 version.
EA would have to be run by Hamsters for that to happen twice. They don't even have to make a statement. It would be that ludicrous. What they should make an announcement for is that they are making this game "patchable" so that if there are problems, they can fix them. And there will be problems. Can anyone really think of a single game that is glitch free, especially online ones? If Rainbow Six 3: Broken Arrow and Halo 2 can both release patches why not sports games? And it's not just EA, it 2k sports too. Think of how nice it would be if EA would fix this glitch on madden - or if 2k had fixed the QB spy problem - or if EA would have fixed the lefty glitch on last year's MVP - or 2k fixing this year's MLB game's passed ball issue. God I hope they patch next-gen.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:45 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:

LOL your kidding. From what a friend of a friend who is working on the game. EA main goal is to make "shocked and awed" by the graphics. Gameplay as always with EA will be a distant third after graphics and presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2005, 12:31 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
LOL your kidding. From what a friend of a friend who is working on the game. EA main goal is to make "shocked and awed" by the graphics. Gameplay as always with EA will be a distant third after graphics and presentation.
You can't tell me that presentation is high on EA's list......have you played Madden before??
Old 08-28-2005, 12:47 AM   #23
Rookie

ATrainIU24's Arena

OVR: 3

Here are a couple more pics from the Shaun Alexander E3 video that I found on every10minutes.com

Old 08-28-2005, 12:55 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
EA would have to be run by Hamsters for that to happen twice. They don't even have to make a statement. It would be that ludicrous. What they should make an announcement for is that they are making this game "patchable" so that if there are problems, they can fix them. And there will be problems. Can anyone really think of a single game that is glitch free, especially online ones? If Rainbow Six 3: Broken Arrow and Halo 2 can both release patches why not sports games? And it's not just EA, it 2k sports too. Think of how nice it would be if EA would fix this glitch on madden - or if 2k had fixed the QB spy problem - or if EA would have fixed the lefty glitch on last year's MVP - or 2k fixing this year's MLB game's passed ball issue. God I hope they patch next-gen.
Patches probably require a harddrive. since always programs for the lowest common denominator and the sales leader (sony), they know that everybody doesn't have the space for patches.

Also, it is admitting flaws for the arrogant EA. They probably want to avoid lawsuits for admitting and putting out flawed material that not everyone might be able to patch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »