Home

Official Madden NFL 07 - Wishlist

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 07 - Wishlist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2005, 02:54 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: If you were part of the Tiburon staff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys_Pride
If I was in upper-management, I'd be chanting in reaction to getting away with selling a half-hearted product: "Haha, I'm rich *****es!"

If I was a lowly employee, I'd be miserable to hell for working such an underpaid job (compared to wages in similiar positions from other developers and publishers).

That is my opinion. Honestly, I probably would never work with a company like EA, my business views and their overall business model is a mismatch.

ObiWanJenkins makes factual points in regards to real business mindset and I whole-heartedly agree with him, but he's still a special kind of troll.

Though this goes for all the extremists, both sides, haters and defenders, need to stop bringing threads to a freeze and know when to STHU.
I agree. I have a feeling that developing houses such as Lionhead Studios etc. allow a lot more visionary thinking from the staff. It's a development environment after all.

I think EA, and every little organisation such as Tiburon who depends on them, is too much of a business machine rather than a development environment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #82
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Official Madden NFL 07 - Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondudez
CORRECT Eagles Jeseys... jeez 3 yeas now
What is wrong with the Eagles jerseys?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:19 PM   #83
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3

Have players who don't wear thigh pads not wear them. (Ray Lewis for example).
Old 11-07-2005, 05:19 PM   #84
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
ObiWanJenkins makes factual points in regards to real business mindset and I whole-heartedly agree with him, but he's still a special kind of troll.

ROTFLMAO!!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

This is a wishlist, let's keep it as such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2005, 11:56 AM   #86
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

If so, another wish...

Add the ability to motion more than one player.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:23 PM   #87
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

my list of 5:

1) better cpu substitutions
2) tone down running game... I've played through almost 6 seasons and the previous 5 have had at least 18 players with 1,000 yards rushing
3) advance the replay challenges... getting old and stale
4) either fix vision cone and precision or eliminate vision cone ala madden 360
5) where is the chain gang? a little detail that adds to realism

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #88
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Biggest wish for me. Get rid of the Tecmo Bowl style blocking and do some real blocking. This is the most annoying thing about the game IMO. The mission should be that when a user is on defense, he/she should be able to play ANY position and with some skills be good at that position and have an enjoyable time playing that position. Well right now linebacker is nothing but frustration to play in this game because of the Tecmo Bowl style suction blocking. Defensive line, unless someone is glitching is the same. It's nothing but frustration. You have no control at all. You get magnetized. That's why MLB's, interior Dlinemen and even DE rarely get any tackles in this game at all. The Tecmo Bowl stlye blocking. It tells me that the sim engine is a lie when I look to the end of the year at the defensive players stats iin franchise. Those guys don't get anywhere close to that if I watch the games. They can't, not with that kinda blocking.

Go look at some real NFL film and look at how guys use their wingspan and their hands to block people (offensive line) as well as get off blocks (defensive line). Look at how the defenders come out of their stance. They explode out, staying low. Against the run they are going to keep the run side arm/shoulder free. You have these guys giving the Oline their chest and getting turned no matter who it is. That's frustrating. There is no gap control in this game That's why some of the defensive schemes just don't feel right. That's why people can run Quarters all day, or 3-3-5 all day. Personnel doesn't matter in this game, SPACING does. And that's just unrealistic. That's the reason why Quarters is so powerful. The guys line up so wide, they can't get suctioned. Thus they just sneak in behind the linemen and blow plays up. Until you work on blocking and what goes on down in the trenches and give it a realistic touch, you will continue to see people use unrealistic tactics in this game. Run Quarters all day, run 335 and shut down everything, Dime vs everything I don't know what else to say.

Then also add some real time physics with gang and pile on tackling and double team, combo, hook blocking.

Last edited by LBzrule; 11-14-2005 at 08:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »