Home

New MADDEN VIDEO MFERS!

This is a discussion on New MADDEN VIDEO MFERS! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: New MADDEN VIDEO MFERS!

Looking at the Vids, Next Gen Madden player modules look like a larger version of the current Gen. The gameplay and animations are shaping up to be the same as current Gen.

When is the last time you have seen a NFL game with such poooooor lighting??? Footage from 1960 I guess.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
The more videos I see of this game the less excited I get. I might have to fall back on Madden 360. Cant believe I just said that.
I swear this board cracks me up. We havent seen anything! And we are still a month and a half away from release. Why are you guys making decisions in October? How about waiting until we get closer to Nov. 22 and see some videos before making a decision?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just saw the videos. Are there only two? If so, the greenbay one is still horrible and still looks more like a 2k game. The Rams one seemed to be more polished than all the ones to date. It is definitely more fluid as some of you like. Over all it is still not enough to go on. They have to give better vids then that. I have no idea what is up with EA. It not like it is a secret. They are the only game in town so they should be showing a lot more. It is not like pll are not going to buy the game. The game will sell regardless so: SHOW MORE EA.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:01 PM   #60
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I swear this board cracks me up. We havent seen anything! And we are still a month and a half away from release. Why are you guys making decisions in October? How about waiting until we get closer to Nov. 22 and see some videos before making a decision?
hey we're just going off of what we have seen. and that's not a whole lot, you're right. but since there is all of this video out and available for viewing, you can't expect us to not make judgements on it.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Graphics look okay, not blown away though. Gameplay? Hmmm. Haven't seen one gang tackle yet. Animations are a little too, shall we say, stiff? Madden for the X-Box seems to move more fluidly than the 360 movies we've seen, but again this may not be the most updated version EA is showing right now. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me that since EA is the NFL game in town, they should've come out stronger than this. If you really look at the movies, it seems EA is using the same game engine. I hope I'm wrong.

If you look at Vid #1, you can see why there is no gang tackling. Look at the other defenders as the tackle is being made on Jackson. If you notice, all of the defenders react in the same fashion. Or if you would say, as a group. They all have the same animation.
It appears they are not acting independently and attacking the ball like 2k.

Sad if this remains the same. And concrete on the fact there will be no gang tackling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Agreed..But I think its also safe to say that some people are PRE-DISPOSED to not like this game no matter what...So every video or screen is simply an oppurtunity for them to reinforce the fact that they don't like or want the game anyway while they nitpick every single facet from crotches to hot dogs to gang tackling
Old 10-10-2005, 05:05 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
The more videos I see of this game the less excited I get. I might have to fall back on Madden 360. Cant believe I just said that.
Yea dude..it just doesnt hold the excitement of the artist render.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:09 PM   #64
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. carraba
hey we're just going off of what we have seen. and that's not a whole lot, you're right. but since there is all of this video out and available for viewing, you can't expect us to not make judgements on it.
Aholbert's just saying that there's a difference between judging the video, and actually letting a video this early influence your purchasing decision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »