Home

New MADDEN VIDEO MFERS!

This is a discussion on New MADDEN VIDEO MFERS! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #73
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: New MADDEN VIDEO MFERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
If you look at Vid #1, you can see why there is no gang tackling. Look at the other defenders as the tackle is being made on Jackson. If you notice, all of the defenders react in the same fashion. Or if you would say, as a group. They all have the same animation.
It appears they are not acting independently and attacking the ball like 2k.

Sad if this remains the same. And concrete on the fact there will be no gang tackling.
Actually, Seau makes the tackle because he's the only one who is in the area who isn't getting blocked. The CB on the left side of the field is engaged with the WR, and the safety was coming up to make the tackle if Seau didn't. How exactly do you expect them to act? All the linebackers were following the ball. The MLB was being blocked by the left tackle.

Face it people, this one video has NOTHING to do with the whole "will there be gang tackling" arguement, because ONLY SEAU NEEDED TO MAKE THE TACKLE. Would you rather have gang tackling, and super human linebackers and CB's who fight off every block? Amazing as it sounds, sometimes, in the REAL NFL, a player makes a tackle by himself! Wow, imagine that! Of course, as a Vikings fan, I have only heard of this occuring, I haven't actually seen it in person.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #74
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
In the Rams and Bears videos, how can there even be gang tackles? Is Seau supposed to hold on to Steven Jackson, while his buddies come and jump on him? The types of plays ran in the videos don't warrant gang tackles, since they are all in the open field. And your overgeneralization of "it's just one or two guys running full speed into the other and one of them falling down" is just plain wrong. Even in the Raiders-Broncos video, on the second play of the video, Mike Anderson gets a carry, and what does the Raiders LB who is tackling him do? Lifts, plants, and drives Anderson into the ground, causing a fumble. It's hardly just him running into Anderson, and Anderson falling over. Another example is in the very same video, when Collins gets sacked. The defensive lineman puts his head down, drives Collins into the ground, and both of them each react differently, the defensive lineman pops up, seeing that the ball is loose, and runs after it, while Collins rolls on the ground in pain. Again, it's much more than just 1 guy running into the other and knocking him down.

In the Steelers-Texans video, Domanick Davis is met by a linebacker. Davis gets hit, but keeps his legs moving and drives forward for a couple more yards, while the linebacker, who is still holding onto Davis, gets driven back. You see this type of tackle in the NFL all the time. Same thing with the Seau tackle on Jackson. Seau went low, wrapped his arms around Jackson's legs, and spun him down. Once again, it wasn't even close to just both of them crashing into each other and only Jackson falling over.

And are you saying that the gamer shouldn't know instantly how his own player is hurt? Sorry, I'm all for realism, but you have to draw the line somewhere. I don't wanna be playing with the Vikings, see Daunte Culpepper limp off the field, and not know exactly what's wrong with him for another quarter possibly. This is just turning into nitpicking.
I can absolutely guarantee that there are no gang tackles in this game.

Your assessments of the tackles in the videos are fair enough, although I would like to see a larger sample size and also note that I'm right in saying that the same old tackle style is present in the 3rd video in which the injury occurs.

Again, as for the injury, I wouldn't call it nitpicking. It's something that's fully in Tiburon's control and is a design decision, not a bug or mistake. I'm not suggesting that you wait an entire quarter, but for you to instantly know is unrealistic. To me, a good way of handling it would be to let him get over to the sidelines and wait a few plays. Then, you'll find out an estimation of the injury. If it's insignificant, then let the viewers know. If it's serious, the player can go to the locker room and you'll find out his situation after several plays.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #75
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

the new injury feature is dumb. why not build up the drama by waiting a few plays? diagnosing the injury and how fast he'll return is very anti climactic and unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
Game looks great.

One thing, though....

For the love of God, can we see vids of the RB doing more than just running a straight line or smacking into the defensive line?! How about seeing some juke moves and stiff arms and stuff. I want to see how the animations connect.

What about the passing? I think I've seen one passing play in all these vids that have been out. I want to see how the receivers do.

I'm sick of these tired vids. More plays, less playbook screens and refs and cutscenes. Damn.
You are right my man dude...seldom do RBs just run straight on any play..they have to speed up..slow down, hurdle, juke, cut spin, lower shoulders, drive their legs...this isnt a track meet where everyone just runs straight..this is a football game which warrants many more animations then we are seeing now.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #77
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
And are you saying that the gamer shouldn't know instantly how his own player is hurt? Sorry, I'm all for realism, but you have to draw the line somewhere. I don't wanna be playing with the Vikings, see Daunte Culpepper limp off the field, and not know exactly what's wrong with him for another quarter possibly. This is just turning into nitpicking.
There is a difference between waiting for a quarter and waiting a couple of plays. In real life, if Daunte Culpepper injured his knee, the coach wouldnt know instantly whether he had a tear, sprain or a bruise. It takes a couple of plays. Madden and 2k always did this right before, I wonder why they would change it now.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #78
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
Again, as for the injury, I wouldn't call it nitpicking. It's something that's fully in Tiburon's control and is a design decision, not a bug or mistake. I'm not suggesting that you wait an entire quarter, but for you to instantly know is unrealistic. To me, a good way of handling it would be to let him get over to the sidelines and wait a few plays. Then, you'll find out an estimation of the injury. If it's insignificant, then let the viewers know. If it's serious, the player can go to the locker room and you'll find out his situation after several plays.
Co sign. Thats the way it should be.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 10-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #79
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXLT
I can absolutely guarantee that there are no gang tackles in this game.

Your assessments of the tackles in the videos are fair enough, although I would like to see a larger sample size and also note that I'm right in saying that the same old tackle style is present in the 3rd video in which the injury occurs.

But if you're playing the game, as the "coach" of the team, wouldn't you know right away anyways? It's not like real NFL coaches don't know what's wrong with players until after a game, or after a quarter, they know right away, because either the player himself tells him, or the trainer tells him after talking to the player on the field and assessing what's wrong. I still say this is an incredibly weak thing to complain about. It's something completely different than what we as Madden fans are used to, and some people still jump all over it.

And I don't have a big problem with the Roman tackle, because in real life, some tackles ARE ugly like that. Not everything can look great. Plus, people should be complaining about the fact that Mark Roman made the tackle in the first place, something that, as all NFL fans know, doesn't happen in real life.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
So you have seen a few videos of the game?...short snippets to be exact and you have already determined that gang tackling is not in the game???...Wow...You might want to think about buying a lottery ticket today.

oops! Your are correct. I can't confirm a damn thing. But, with both eyes I can see the defenders are all reacting in the same manner/animation (vid #1). This lends me to believe gang tackling will be out of the picture.

As I stated, it appears to be a larger player modules of the current gen madden. The game play and animations also appears to be the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »