Home

ESPN license and no tv style presentation

This is a discussion on ESPN license and no tv style presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2005, 11:57 AM   #33
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: ESPN license and no tv style presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
well it sure as hell didn't seem like you knew what i was trying to say, and by the way when did this become grammar class i thought it was a message board,
And the fact you care about it is your opinion too, but i was trying to stay on topic but you and a couple others feel you have to compare it to 2k series when M360 is taking a whole different style of presentation, and you people are always saying how M360 doesn't have this or it is the same or its just a port, but the FACT is the GAME ISN'T OUT YET, so why bitch about espn or any type of presentation is in the game, there is no pleasing anyone, if i remember a bunch of people complaining how worthless S.S. and Owner mode was and they took it out and you still complain, and same goes with presentation they are trying something NEW and you people still complain so you know what we are talking about M360 not 2k vs. Madden, why must you bring 2k in this is beyond me and i could care less what games you owned or what you think is better b/c we are talking about next gen and not current

What the hell else is there to compare it to??? Would you be happy if they compared it to Fever....or Gameday??? Hows about if they compared it to real life television?? Would that make you feel better?

Good god, I swear some of you hear the words 2K and it automatically sets off an alarm in your head.

Bottom line chaddabob.....and read this carefully.....

Some ppl want Madden(360) to have a TV style presentation with the use of the ESPN license. 2K had a tv style presentation. They also used the ESPN license to make it look like a ESPN broadcast. So since Madden now has the ESPN license, does'nt it make sense that ppl will compare what 2K did with the license to what Madden(360) will do with the license in the future? Does it make since that ppl will use 2K as a refrence to what a tv style presentation should look like?

If the answer to my questions is NO then you're as immature as I thought.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:59 AM   #34
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
My young Obiwan...it's a thing called an analogy. This means that the situation with EA is analogous to the disaster that is the Bush regime.

As the wise and short Yoda has informed me...EA is bantha poo doo me thinks.

May the force be with you young ObiWan..to infinity and beyooond...Akuna Matata..
Do you not know political opinion is taboo on this board? What you think of the Republican party and/or George Bush is irrelevant to any discussion on a sports discussion board.

And please stop referring to me as young Obiwan. I find it very condescending, and I am willing to bet I am much older than you.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:01 PM   #35
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
well 2k series is here no more, lets just put that out, i know everyone wants it to be like to 2k but this is madden, as far as i know 2k was nothing without espn, the series was dying until they merged with espn, and madden always had gameplay over 2k thats why madden is still here now, with that said, its refreshing to have something different and INOVATIVE. you see some of you 2k fans are still bitching on how there is no presentation in M360, my question is, how do any of you know that? honestly how do you know that for sure? if you have the game put up a vid proving that there is no presentation, im not giving any excuses but they are doing something different and you people still give them grief about it, so here goes why don't you just wait till the game comes out before you start complaining that there is no presentation, who cares anyway, presentation is only there for eye candy, and plus it looks cool after the first couple times, and then you just skip through it anyway, so you mean to tell me that you watched every intro when you played 2k5? i know i watched it maybe once or twice b/c after that you seen everything it had to offer, it was good but im glad madden had littlle to none presentation b/c it cut all that bs and just started playing a game, thats y i think they removed it this year so you can just start playing, imo thats what i think but for real you people complaining that there is no presentation well prove it that it is not there in the game
Its obvious 2k isnt here anymore, but that doesnt mean some of the ideas that made it a good game shouldnt be added to a game that desperatly needs them. I played every game in both series so this isnt a 2k vs Madden thing.

As far as presentation just speak for yourself because I enjoy watching replays during the game,halftime, and postgame highlights as do alot of people here on OS. I could give a f*** about a intro. I dont care what happens before the coin toss. When it comes to pre and post play camera angles and replays tho, I would like it to resemble what I see on Sunday and Monday.

As far as 2k not being here, its not because Madden had gameplay over 2k, its because of an agreement between the NFL and EA sports.Nobody over here is complaining so dont use my post for venting, find sumbody whos actually complaining.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
Do you not know political opinion is taboo on this board? What you think of the Republican party and/or George Bush is irrelevant to any discussion on a sports discussion board.

And please stop referring to me as young Obiwan. I find it very condescending, and I am willing to bet I am much older than you.
lol...dude..Old Obiwan...you are too funny for words..Im laughing my hind quarters off as I type this on my wireless keyboard in front of my 60 inch plasma tv..it doubles as my monitor. But anyways Obiwan Konobi...but bet Im older then you Obiwan..you wanna bet? How old are you..

But yea..you still seem to miss my point..this is not a political discussion...its about EA..but I used an analogy..there is no need for political opinion..its a widely accpeted view that Bush sucks..thats not contraversial..so no one is trying to start anything..unless thats you of course..so by all means..stay on topic my youn...er...Obiwan...lets talk EA..lets talk 360..lets talk football...lets not make a big hissy over an analogy..analogous analogies of things to come. but if I hurt your feelin's..I analogize.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:11 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 6

BOOKOO man this thread going to get locked....You can't mention "Bush sucking"...or political debates in here...thought you knew....lol
Old 10-19-2005, 12:20 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
mostly everyone at OS could care less about those extra bells and whitsles

you joined in september and yet you know what the majority of os wants and doesn't want...good one.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:23 PM   #39
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKOO
lol...dude..Old Obiwan...you are too funny for words..Im laughing my hind quarters off as I type this on my wireless keyboard in front of my 60 inch plasma tv..it doubles as my monitor. But anyways Obiwan Konobi...but bet Im older then you Obiwan..you wanna bet? How old are you..

But yea..you still seem to miss my point..this is not a political discussion...its about EA..but I used an analogy..there is no need for political opinion..its a widely accpeted view that Bush sucks..thats not contraversial..so no one is trying to start anything..unless thats you of course..so by all means..stay on topic my youn...er...Obiwan...lets talk EA..lets talk 360..lets talk football...lets not make a big hissy over an analogy..analogous analogies of things to come. but if I hurt your feelin's..I analogize.
What does a 60 inch plasma screen TV have to do with age? Maybe that does prove you're not as old as you would claim to be. I don't feel the need to go spouting off the things I own to someone on the internet. A little insecure, are we?

Something being widely accepted doesn't make it any more true. Your opinion is worth something only to you, so unless you're providing factual evidence to back up your claims, keep them to yourself.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:27 PM   #40
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twflawless
you joined in september and yet you know what the majority of os wants and doesn't want...good one.
who cares when i joined and when i didn't i could care less, btw most people hear are gamers right? so with that said i have been reading posts and taking in what others are saying so by my oberservation thats what i came up with, now with you i don't care what you want and since you want to be an *** about it then what does most people want? since you obviously know, why don't you say what others want, i was just stating what was on my mind and came up with an oberservation,nevermind at no use trying to argue

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »