Home

ESPN license and no tv style presentation

This is a discussion on ESPN license and no tv style presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2005, 01:39 PM   #57
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: ESPN license and no tv style presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502

Well aren't we suppose to talk about the topic anyway, if i remember most of comments are about the topic, Im not gonna assume that you guys are talking about next-year b/c aren't we suppose to be talking about this year.

No im not flip flopping, i could care less, but maybe you should 've assumed that i meant next year, If EA doesn't take advantage of the license well that is when we can complain, but yeah if presentation did mean that much to me, than i would still be playing 2k5, i understand what you are saying about everyone wants more out of next-gen, well when do you draw the line? yes i am willing to say and stand by that presentation was never the best in madden but it sure as hell played better than any other football games IMO, and if you look at it, why would people keep on buying it unless it played like crap, FEVER, GAMEDAY, 2k, all had better presentation than madden, but when you start playing them all they really had that SIM feeling that madden had, and if you say otherwise then let me know which games you are playing,

We were on topic till you started ranting. What ppl are tyring to say is why would Madden go in a diffrent direction with this on the field presentation when they will have the ESPN license next year. How will it work? Will they scrap the on the field stuff or just build on it? If its one area Madden has always lacked, its the presentation. Everyone should agree on that. But you would think that since they did so much work on the stadiums and crowd, a tv style presentation would be warranted. I guess not. Only time will tell.

As for your second paragraph, lets just say I disagree.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:41 PM   #58
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
That's a good point. But I say excuse, because that's what it's been used as. "The ESPN license doesn't kick in until next year, that's when the presentation will change". To me that's an excuse when presentation hasn't improved much over the past two years, at least. It shouldn't even be about ESPN. That's why I noted other games that have good presentation without having an official TV license - it's a matter of what they're focusing on. I don't doubt Tiburon works hard, I just doubt their talent and what they choose to focus on. I know Tiburon worked on presentation aspects of their game last year with people from Monday Night Football. Yet for some reason, presentation STILL sucks in the game. Again, having the ESPN license doesn't automatically mean great presentation. It enhances presentation, yes. But ultimately it's the talent of the developers that makes presentation great imo.

I agree completely.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:03 PM   #59
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
That's a good point. But I say excuse, because that's what it's been used as. "The ESPN license doesn't kick in until next year, that's when the presentation will change". To me that's an excuse when presentation hasn't improved much over the past two years, at least. It shouldn't even be about ESPN. That's why I noted other games that have good presentation without having an official TV license - it's a matter of what they're focusing on. I don't doubt Tiburon works hard, I just doubt their talent and what they choose to focus on. I know Tiburon worked on presentation aspects of their game last year with people from Monday Night Football. Yet for some reason, presentation STILL sucks in the game. Again, having the ESPN license doesn't automatically mean great presentation. It enhances presentation, yes. But ultimately it's the talent of the developers that makes presentation great imo.
To those that ask, "why isn't EA using ESPN this year?" I reply "The ESPN license doesn't kick in until next year, that's when the presentation will change." That is fact. The quality is yet to be determined.

Until someone comes in here with inside information about Tiburon, I will not believe that the development team is lazy or unfocused. I firmly believe its the managers that are the problem. Unrealistice deadlines and low budgets are the problems, to me. Hopefully these mangers realize that EA is paying out over a billion dollars in licensing fees, and that the object should be to increase sales. Obviously, that can only be accomplished by improving the current product. I think improving presentation and gameplay without worrying about the fluff (ie. Owner Mode, Create-A-Player/Team, Tony Bruno) will go a long way to acheiving that goal.

Old 10-19-2005, 02:18 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Isn't madden going to NBC next year? What do you think they’re going to do with that? Usually the game reflected the channel he was on (like when he was with fox with pat summerall and Al Michaels the past few years). I guess they could keep it like this year version and just have a no-named announcer call the game. Can’t really have madden do the commentary and have a espn broadcast if he’s not with espn.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #61
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darza999
Isn't madden going to NBC next year? What do you think they’re going to do with that? Usually the game reflected the channel he was on (like when he was with fox with pat summerall and Al Michaels the past few years). I guess they could keep it like this year version and just have a no-named announcer call the game. Can’t really have madden do the commentary and have a espn broadcast if he’s not with espn.
They can because Madden is under contract with EA no matter what network he is with. I would love to see an NBC, Fox, ESPN, ABC presentation for different games. Monday nights to ESPN, Sunday night to ABC, and the Sunday afternoon games to their repsective networks. Now that would realism.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #62
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
They can because Madden is under contract with EA no matter what network he is with. I would love to see an NBC, Fox, ESPN, ABC presentation for different games. Monday nights to ESPN, Sunday night to ABC, and the Sunday afternoon games to their repsective networks. Now that would realism.
that would be nice but the only thing i can see happening is they have sunday night and monday night games separately done, but wouldn't that be too much though with the other networks presentation graphics and announcers? I hope they do/do something to have sunday night and monday night games.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
You never know man....

Do the actual networks go in with the NFL LICENSE?

That would be crazy though to have 4 broadcasting teams working in the game.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:34 PM   #64
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
You never know man....

Do the actual networks go in with the NFL LICENSE?

That would be crazy though to have 4 broadcasting teams working in the game.
no i don't think the other networks go in with the license,b/c after every fox or cbs game they say they give permission to the networks idk how they say it but they have the pic of jerry rice and then barry sanders running then the guy narrating sayin without permission, blah, blah

but that would be crazy, have the 2 best announcers from each network, fox, cbs, ESPN, NBC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »