Home

Stat engine fixed in 360???

This is a discussion on Stat engine fixed in 360??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2005, 10:12 AM   #25
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Stat engine fixed in 360???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I don't think resorting to 3 minute quarters sounds like a good fix for anything.

I just wish someone would actually test a few of the variables rather than just simming a season on default and going OMG IT'S BROKEN!!!11one!

Maybe the WR stats are more balanced because there's an issue with injuries that could be fixed with sliders. Same thing could apply to lower RB stats. I mean.. are they just not getting enough carries or is everyone only averaging 2.5 ypc? Maybe the difficulty level or the sliders affect it. Maybe actually playing affects it. Maybe I'm just giving EA too much credit, but I find it hard to believe they'd let something this bad slip by. If it's as bad as you're saying, you'd end up leading the league in pretty much every catagory.. how can a playtester not notice that?

Instead of simming the season, why doesn't someone play like the first 4 games and see how their stats compare to the rest of the league?

OMG, It is broken!

Vick + NFL Rushing Title=a broken engine
(and this is just one absurd example of the stat engine created by monkeys)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2005, 03:29 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
OMG, It is broken!

Vick + NFL Rushing Title=a broken engine
(and this is just one absurd example of the stat engine created by monkeys)
Well, if I had nothing forcing me to put out a quality product, I'd sit on my *** doing nothing all day too. It's not so much the people that make the game, its the higher-up dickheads who decided to screw over football gaming for the next 7 years.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:35 PM   #27
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm gonna play 30 second quarters

Last edited by faster; 12-02-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I found the problem can be fixed by playing 2-3 minute quarters, just stick with that. This next gen stat engine is a good foundation to start with.
Dude whos crack pipe have you been smoking? What you said is like a man telling his new wife "Im only beating your azz 2 nights a week, its a good foundation to start with"...so I guess next year he only beats her one night a week lol. Give me a break...

Then again I can see where you are coming from..I mean look at your name on this board lol
Old 12-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
Well, if I had nothing forcing me to put out a quality product, I'd sit on my *** doing nothing all day too. It's not so much the people that make the game, its the higher-up dickheads who decided to screw over football gaming for the next 7 years.
The sad thing is there are Madden Fanboys who are STILL happy about the EA NFL deal which is dumb and makes no sense. Before, you had Madden and other football titles as well.. Madden fanboys could buy thier broken game every year and the rest of us could go buy other football games. How could anyone in thier right mind think it was a good deal for us? In a sick twisted way, the silver lining to all of this is that believe it or not *gasp* some Madden fanboys are starting to see the light and why the EA NFL deal was bad...the sad thing is that it took them this long to figure it out. It was like not realizing 2+2=4 until you were in your senior year in High School. lol
Old 12-03-2005, 02:45 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 32

Here is my question. Name a good sim/stat engine in any game. It always seem this is an yearly complaint.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:58 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
The sad thing is there are Madden Fanboys who are STILL happy about the EA NFL deal which is dumb and makes no sense. Before, you had Madden and other football titles as well.. Madden fanboys could buy thier broken game every year and the rest of us could go buy other football games. How could anyone in thier right mind think it was a good deal for us? In a sick twisted way, the silver lining to all of this is that believe it or not *gasp* some Madden fanboys are starting to see the light and why the EA NFL deal was bad...the sad thing is that it took them this long to figure it out. It was like not realizing 2+2=4 until you were in your senior year in High School. lol
I think in year 3 of the exclusive agreement gamers will really get upset because of the lack of progress in the game. I dont own a 360 but I have Madden 2006 for both PS2 and the PSP. People said you couldn't judge the game by the vids but it seem too much this gen.(player interactions) I just couldnt but a strip down game and then call it next gen. Madden next year will have all these "new features" from last gen cycle. I just dont like being jerked around.

I think it will take tons of r and d to develop a quality sim engine and I dont think EA really cares. New staduims yes but a sim engine heck no.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »