Home

OHH MYYY...MADDEN PS3 WILL NOT BE A PORT!!!!!

This is a discussion on OHH MYYY...MADDEN PS3 WILL NOT BE A PORT!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: OHH MYYY...MADDEN PS3 WILL NOT BE A PORT!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Feature wise it won't be a port. I mean hell, since NCAA is coming out for 360 this year and not for PS3 then PS3 Madden won't have draft class imports as a possibility. Hmmm, since not much is known about Sony's online network the PS3 probably will not have the Franchise Live idea. So they will make up for it in other ways by putting in different features. But I hope no one believes that there will be a new graphics engine and radically different game play mechanics. If you do shame on you. I've watched the EA Sports Montage from Sony's conference and the Xbox 360 Montage from MS's conference in which Madden 360 was in both. Looked identical.
Nuff said. The engine will be the same with "new" features. Yawn.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #58
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I don't get it. Why do people think that paragraph has anything to do with the PS3 specifically? I think he's just talking in general about the future of the series. I don't think he means in the extra time the PS3 game gets they'll adopt some sort of real world physics engine, I think he's talking down the track; "the bigger picture", well beyond Madden 2007. That interview to me seemed about the future of the series, not really that much about 2007.

Right after that question I just quoted, IGN ask something along the lines of "Can we expect to see any of these kind of improvements from Madden 06 to 07?", clearly refering to the physics talk, and it is answered by talking about how great NCAA and Madden is, i.e., completely dodging the question that actually asks if anything in the physics department has been improved for 07. To me, it is clear this is just one of those "maybe one day" type of interviews..... you know, kinda like last E3's pre-rendered Madden next gen video.

Or am I misunderstanding what people here are saying?
Oh no, you, me and about 90% of the people on these boards are totally understanding what's being said. Some of us, however, are suffering from blind fanboyism and maybe, just maybe, realized that Sony's announcements at this year's E3 were, shall I say, underwhelming.

Seriously, for 200 extra dollars, what are you REALLY getting that the 360 doesn't have? HD-DVD? Good on ya. Hope you enjoy the age of the $100 game. 1080p? Sony keeps avoiding the obvious with that one too. What SANE developer would spend even more money (PS3 is already gonna be hella expensive to make games for) to make a game 1080p compatible for the 3% of the population out there that have 1080p capable tv's?

Outside of MGS4 and FFXIII, there is NOTHING to distinguish the two. Even their much hyped online service seems to be nothing more than a poor man's Xbox Live and Marketplace.

So some of us here are REALLy reaching. And using Madden as the (misguided) example of how the PS3 will be worth the extra $200. Face it people, same game, same graphics, same engine. PS3 will get an extra fluff feature this year. From here on out, they will be developed side-by-side, with nothing to distinguish the two versions.

Having said that, if Sony releases MLB 07 next spring on the PS3, THAT will be reason enough for some of us (myself included) to pick one up. Until that time, a useless fluff feature in some of EA's games will not be enough to get some of us who spent the cash on a 360 to rush out and nab a system that's 25% more expensive without any bang for the extra buck.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #59
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

I'll bet the games are almost exactly the same for at least the next 2 years or so. You won't see the "power" of the console difference til then.

*disclaimer: i did not read through this thread. just mho.*

Old 05-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
I'll bet the games are almost exactly the same for at least the next 2 years or so. You won't see the "power" of the console difference til then.

*disclaimer: i did not read through this thread. just mho.*

If ever. The xbox is clearly more powerful than the PS2 and madden this generation plays identical on both. the xbox is very, very slightly better graphically but not near the potential it could be on xbox.

Cmon guys, if you want to buy a PS3 there is nothing wrong with that but using the idea that madden/ncaa will be the reason is just plain insanity.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #61
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Speaking of extra cash, apparently the 60GB WiFi PS3 will be $AU999 - that's like US$800 ish. Either SONY are using a cached version of XE.com from 1998 to convert their $ values, or us Aussies are getting the do over.....but I guess at least it's being released at the same time as everywhere else, unlike SOME other consoles. I just hope SONY deliver on their non-regional discs promise. If so, the extra money added on will be well worth it considering the money i'd have to spend modding an XB360 to accept NTSC games if/when they're available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryG
sorry, the PS3 version looks vastly superior as i figured it would...just remember those shots from 360 last week as compared to these now for the PS3...

red X's

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #63
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryG
sorry, the PS3 version looks vastly superior as i figured it would...just remember those shots from 360 last week as compared to these now for the PS3...
Wow, that's pretty bold. Humour me for a sec....in what way are they VASTLY superior?
Old 05-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

oh well, i dont have the energy to waste fixing it...deleted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »