Home

Now I Don't wanna Be Scaring anyone but...

This is a discussion on Now I Don't wanna Be Scaring anyone but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #25
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Now I Don't wanna Be Scaring anyone but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I really don't think it is, if you can make players more recognizable than the developers cared to on-screen, why not? Next-Gen is giving us these super close high definition views of these players, which means unfortunately that flaws, yes even wrong equipment, now sticks out more than ever. How many years will it be before they add Ahman Green's forearm pads? It just doesn't look like him without it. Thats why people care about being able to edit this stuff, it boils down to adding a little personality/individuality and in doing so increasing the enjoyment of playing the game. Thats about as plain as I can put it.

If you don't care, great, all the better for you. But don't rip people because they want their favorite players or team to look as accurate as possible.

I kno, it kinda defeat the purpose of realistic graphics if you dont even make the players look how they appear on the feild.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 09:23 PM   #26
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeslang
I did not rip anybody, I just asked a queston. I just find it funny when I read some of the complaints on this board. Just look over some of the NCAA football post.
I know you didn't, but there are times when people act as if it's insanity to want accurate equipment.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:19 PM   #27
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

In NFL 2k5 the default roster has Chris Brown RB of the Titans with no gloves and a cowboy collar. Now I don't think he wore that in pee wee. With an equipment editor though the problem is solved.

Developers make mistakes and miss little equipment features. Lets hope that they realize the importance of putting this small feature into the game for what can make a big difference for some users.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:21 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Meh...doesn't bug me if this isn't in. I never messed around with equipment anyway. I think anyone who gets overly riled up about it is anal rentitive and should seek counseling.
Heh.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:34 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 11

so im guessing with all the equipment talk we WILL have player attribute/equipment editing as well as name, college, number, etc. etc.???
Old 07-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I really don't think it is, if you can make players more recognizable than the developers cared to on-screen, why not? Next-Gen is giving us these super close high definition views of these players, which means unfortunately that flaws, yes even wrong equipment, now sticks out more than ever. How many years will it be before they add Ahman Green's forearm pads? It just doesn't look like him without it. Thats why people care about being able to edit this stuff, it boils down to adding a little personality/individuality and in doing so increasing the enjoyment of playing the game. Thats about as plain as I can put it.

If you don't care, great, all the better for you. But don't rip people because they want their favorite players or team to look as accurate as possible.
Agreed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »