Home

Why EA WHY!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Why EA WHY!!!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Why EA WHY!!!!!!!

Please don't take this thread the wrong way. I don't want to start a war. I saw a article on the OTHER games board and I read it and came away mad. It was a article on Current state of videogames football. Read it and come to your own conclusions. However, After reading this article I have a question..... Ea sports has Nfl Head coach, Madden Series, and Nfl Street right? And now they hint at Ea putting a few other titles out revolving around the nfl and the multi year nfl agreement. The question I had is Why in the heck is Ea spending time on other projects when even on the 2nd gen game on 360 still doesn't have all the features of current gen consoles. Why not give us what we want ( a complete game of madden with presentations) and when they have a good game to port over year after year only polishing the game up then concentrate on the extra time they will have and make those other titles then. I will be buying madden360 07 and it looks to be improved. The only issues I have right now with what I know is the radio announcer and presentation or lack of....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
TIm
MVP

Re: Why EA WHY!!!!!!!

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/718/718947p1.html Sorry for not posting the article but here it is.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37

I would tend to say the reason why is twofold. The first being football is the most popular sport in the US behind Nascar. EA can create different football games which appeal to different NFL fans (such as Head Coach for those who like calling plays without controlling players). The second is EA wants to milk the license for all they can so why not have multiple NFL games to take advantage of the license. I would prefer different developers creating NFL games but we really don't have a choice. We are forced to go with EA for out NFL football fix.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
the only misstep being the awful passing cone from Madden NFL 06.
Interesting...
Old 07-15-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky_chicken
The second is EA wants to milk the license for all they can so why not have multiple NFL games to take advantage of the license. I would prefer different developers creating NFL games but we really don't have a choice. We are forced to go with EA for out NFL football fix.
Why is it I get this funny feeling that one day we might have to buy Madden "Playoff Edition".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2006, 06:06 PM   #6
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

Man I wonder who's paying that guy salary. This is why we don't suppose to use drugs.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 07-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

That was one of the worst articles I've ever read. What exactly does have an exclusive license have to do with the head coach game--nothing. There have been tons of coaching games before. What does an exclusive license have to do with authentic playbooks--nothing. Other games have done that before. The writer of that article is out to lunch.

Taylor34
Old 07-15-2006, 06:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

They don't put in features from current gen so next year when they put it in they can say its a new and improved madden or ncaa instead of working on real issues such as gang tackling and presentation. Maybe next year we can have a horse shoes minigame or squat rack minigames. E.a is a joke. Looks like another year without a football game. Good thing there is Oblivion to keep me busy til a real sports game like nba2k7 comes out. Then winning 11 360 after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »