Home

Positive Madden '07 posts only

This is a discussion on Positive Madden '07 posts only within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #33

OVR: 34
Re: Positive Madden '07 posts only

I'm going to have fun with this game. It's looking great and while I do have some issues with EA in general, I think the game will be just fine.

Superstar mode looks great.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Why does the R.E.M. song "Shiny Happy People" keep bouncing around my head as I read this thread.

Isn't the point of a sports gaming forum to discuss the plusses AND minuses of a game? I know the game isn't released yet, but a thread with just good news?

Odd. "Shiny, happy people laughing ... shiny, HAPPY!"

Take care,
PK
THANKS MAN!

So does the individual running style mean there'll be custom animations for the different running backs? Imagine Roger Craig and his high-steppin moves, or Barry Sanders and his stop-on-a-dime moves! From what I understand each RB will be given certain ratings and depending on those ratings, that will determine whether he'll be a smashmouth bruiser or a shifty runner.

"Shiny happy people holding hands!"

GYAH!!!

Last edited by jazzchamp; 08-07-2006 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Did I mention a negative word about EA in my post? No.

I just find it funny that a "positive thoughts only" thread has to be created about a video game. You take the good with the bad, right?

Take care,
PK
No but by asking why you can't post any negative thoughts it implies you would like to post them, if not then why would you ask why you can't post them? Don't dance around the issue, it's rather obvious. And yes, you do take the good with the bad, hence the reason this is a thread to extoll the positives, as has been stated there are plenty of other threads discussing the specific negatives.

And just to elaborate a bit on why you should stay on topic here. Asking to post something negative here would be no different than going into a thread called "Why doesn't EA have gang tackling thread" and talking about how great the new running animations look. People should keep this thread on topic just like any thread and in this thread it's a positives-only topic, which by very definition excludes negative nelly posts.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 11:36 PM   #36
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Did I mention a negative word about EA in my post? No.

I just find it funny that a "positive thoughts only" thread has to be created about a video game. You take the good with the bad, right?

Take care,
PK
People take this stuff way too seriously...It's a video game for us to enjoy....No more, no less. There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of other threads to do what you want. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

On topic--I am pumped as well. I know I will enjoy the game for what it is...A football video game that does certain things really well.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:21 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
With all the hate on this board every year (this year being no different even though the game looks GREAT) for Madden i'd like to start a positive outlook thread.

The constant betching about what the game does not have for me is getting OLD. If there are others out there who are also tired of the crying about the ridiculous things we don't have any control over, feel free to post away.

I for one, am picking up the 360 version and cannot wait to pop in a full featured graphically amazing and from all indications (based off ncaa) very solid playing football game.

I'm so pumped, i'll be picking it up at midnight. Cannot wait.
Funny..Since you try to start a war with Redskin fans every chance you get. Positives in Madden. Improved running. Signature running styles look very sweet this yr..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 08-08-2006, 12:33 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 1

Amen brother, Amen! I want Chris Berman back going over my highlights at half time. I wouldn't care if the Madden team stole this stuff from 2K5 but they are that ******** that the don't even do that. I hate them all. They'd rather rip us off every year with a game containing added features that they removed two years ago but included in the online version of the PS2 game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseonabun
Madden sucks. NFL2k5 is way better than Madden ever will be.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:16 AM   #39
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Something positive.................drawing a blank. sorry.

Oh wait the graphics look nice.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:16 AM   #40
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Funny..Since you try to start a war with Redskin fans every chance you get. Positives in Madden. Improved running. Signature running styles look very sweet this yr..
How do I try and start a war??? Because I posted foreskins and deadskins in a thread topic? Taking it a little to far with that comment don't ya think? I don't know about you, but when I talk football with other Skins and Eagles fans that's how we talk. Just like I expect comments such as Cowgirls etc etc....Or Dallas f'in sucks and T.O. swallows..... Not sure how a positive thread about Madden has anything to do with that....but i'm glad you find it funny?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »