Home

Positive Madden '07 posts only

This is a discussion on Positive Madden '07 posts only within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #17
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Positive Madden '07 posts only

Just checked out the masterbit vis on IGN of Superstar mode hilights. I am reallly thinking it's going to be a lot of fun. Also saw the amber visor on one of the players.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseonabun
Madden sucks. NFL2k5 is way better than Madden ever will be.
These #$%&*$ 2K trolls! Go play with your enhancement pack!

Actually, I am one, but I digress. I am stoked for the superstar mode. I didn't get to play it last year as I was on a football hiatus (or is that in mourning?) last year. Did anyone go through an entire season or even an entire career last year as a player in a single position? If so, how was it?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #19
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

OVR: 11

I am also very excited for this game. i just hope it has a practice squad, so injuries become more realistic.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #20
Ageless Wonder

rumfinator's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumfinator
I am also very excited for this game. i just hope it has a practice squad, so injuries become more realistic.
Something I think would be pretty cool to have also, would be a file editor, like the pc community has.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #21
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

I am excited for the first time in a long while. Last years version was okay, but I am optimistic that even with a few improvements that have apparently been made I will like it.

We can go on and on all day about what is missing or we don't like, but I for one think this is a great thread.

I am going to make a conscious effort not to read the bugs or giltches thread, becasue quite frankly, many I would never have noticed had they not been pointed out to me. For example the RB icon problem.... I most likely wouldn't have noticed, but once I was aware of it, it became impossible for me not to notice.

Last year was the first year in a long whle I did not finish a virtual season on
an NFL game. I can;t really bring myself to playing and current gen versions (2k5 or otherwise) so I am ghoing to make every effort to play and enjoy this title.

And yes, an argument can be made that we shouldn't have to TRY and like a game but when it is the only show in town, we have no choice.

The simple fact the camera being zoomed out for the duration of a play deal has been fixed is going to make it playable for me. It also sounds like they have added the create a player and perhaps a littel better franchise mode.

I really think the in depth stat tracking will add a lot to Superstar mode as well.

I have always wanted a game to maintain historical box scores and game by game stats, and to my knowledge, last year's Madden on the 360 was the first console game to do this. If you are a nerd like I am, It's really cool to be able to see the exact team and individual stats for previous games instead of brief summaries.

God, I can remember keeping them myself in a notebook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #22
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Actually... I am excited for Superstar mode... I'll rent it to create myself as a WR or something...

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 20

Why does the R.E.M. song "Shiny Happy People" keep bouncing around my head as I read this thread.

Isn't the point of a sports gaming forum to discuss the plusses AND minuses of a game? I know the game isn't released yet, but a thread with just good news?

Odd. "Shiny, happy people laughing ... shiny, HAPPY!"

Take care,
PK
Old 08-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 21

Actually, it would be great if we could keep some of these "all positive, all the time" people (they know who they are) in this thread and OUT of all the other threads on this board.

Anyways, to stay on point, I'll state a positive: I really like the amount of attention they paid to the stadiums. From what I've seen, Heinz Field looks great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »