Home

Positive Madden '07 posts only

This is a discussion on Positive Madden '07 posts only within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 01:39 AM   #65
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Positive Madden '07 posts only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
In your opinion of course.
No doubt. I know there's alot of people who very much enjoy NCAA 07 on the 360. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. But I see how it can be much improved, because alot of the gameplay elements I find annoying aren't gamebreakers by any stretch, just in need of some minor/major tweaks.

I'm not trying to impose my opinion on anybody, I just get the feeling that some people are overstating how good NCAA 07 on the 360 is because it didn't suck like Madden 360 did, so the relief is skewing some people's opinions.

Again, not everybody, just some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 01:42 AM   #66
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I definatly feel you. I know Madden will be fun for a little bit, just like NCAA. Ive always loved the series, but this next gen version has gotten stale in less than a month. I usually play it until the next installment. The next gen graphics is all the game offers. The more I play the more I dont like it. The current gen version is in a totally diff league. The gap will probably be smaller for Madden, but for a next gen game, I dont think its where it should be.
Your last sentence is where it begins and ends for me personally, because this is not what I envisioned next gen football being. Maybe it's my own fault for lofty expectations, or EA's fault for the Draft day trailer, but the translation was lost somewhere down the line, and it feels further away with the next gen game then the current gen game.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 AM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
No doubt. I know there's alot of people who very much enjoy NCAA 07 on the 360. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. But I see how it can be much improved, because alot of the gameplay elements I find annoying aren't gamebreakers by any stretch, just in need of some minor/major tweaks.

I'm not trying to impose my opinion on anybody, I just get the feeling that some people are overstating how good NCAA 07 on the 360 is because it didn't suck like Madden 360 did, so the relief is skewing some people's opinions.

Again, not everybody, just some.
I can see that. I think that sometime people forget that a game being good/bad overrated, is a purely subjective thing, based on the individual playing it. Everyone has different priorities and different thoughts on what makes a good or bad football game.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:50 AM   #68
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Your last sentence is where it begins and ends for me personally, because this is not what I envisioned next gen football being. Maybe it's my own fault for lofty expectations, or EA's fault for the Draft day trailer, but the translation was lost somewhere down the line, and it feels further away with the next gen game then the current gen game.
No I dont think you're expectations are lofty. Look @ what games like Gears of War are doing with presentation and graphics. Graw even, taking old genres and making them seem fresh and new. We as sports gamers shouldnt expect any less from these next gen sports titles. Even tho sports games come out every year, this shouldnt be an excuse to not push the envelope.IMO Madden 06 on 360 shouldnt have even been released.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-09-2006, 01:56 AM   #69
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
No I dont think you're expectations are lofty. Look @ what games like Gears of War are doing with presentation and graphics. Graw even, taking old genres and making them seem fresh and new. We as sports gamers shouldnt expect any less from these next gen sports titles. Even tho sports games come out every year, this shouldnt be an excuse to not push the envelope.IMO Madden 06 on 360 shouldnt have even been released.
I wonder about two things:

1. What would Madden and all the EA sports lineup be like if they went 2k's route and mostly ported and tweaked for the next gen. I say this because in respects to the football games, I really, REALLY don't like the feel and movement of the players on next gen, when compared to the smoother gameplay on the current gen games.

2. If they insist on redoing their games for the next gen, would it have served them better to do what their NHL team did and not release one last year? It seems like NHL 07 is going to be a HUGE leap forward in everything they released so far for it, and alot of people are calling it the first TRULY next gen sports game aside from FNR3. Would Madden, Live and Tiger all been better off making their next gen debut this year?

We'll never know the answer to either and hindsight is 20/20, but my curiousity is piqued nonetheless...
Old 08-09-2006, 02:03 AM   #70
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I can see that. I think that sometime people forget that a game being good/bad overrated, is a purely subjective thing, based on the individual playing it. Everyone has different priorities and different thoughts on what makes a good or bad football game.
And that's why forums like this one have a place in the video game world, because there's SOOOO many different opinions/complaints/compliments, that it makes for great discussion.

It's funny, I try not to let other people's opinions influence me too much, but my opinion of a game has been known to change, going both ways, based on some of the discussions on this and other forum websites. I'm always looking for an intelligent, CIVIL discussion about video games. unfortunately, some people take things way too personally, and name-calling and the like tend to cut short a good discussion more often than not.

But I must say, what's kept me on this site more than the others is the relatively more mature crowd and moderators alike, who get involved in the discussions more than most other sites. Makes OS stand out.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:02 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 5

it's not that i don't want to hear everyone's opinion.

but it gets old that you can't even be excited about the game without people coming in and pissing all over the game, and it's not even out yet. maybe there are some ppl on the board that are excited to play the game, and would like there own thread discussing the game without all the madden and ea bashing. is that too much to ask? jeeezzzzusss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 7

Here is my take. The NFL screwed the gamers with exclusivity. NHL looks to be the best sports series this year with improvements and which should be 2 quality games..because there is competition. 2K has been the best but EA NHL looks to make some major improvement this year like they did with MVP. If only 2K made NFL2k7 we would see some competition and innovation.
As for exclusivity which sucks I would rather EA had the baseball and 2k had the football but thats life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »