Home

Positive Madden '07 posts only

This is a discussion on Positive Madden '07 posts only within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #81
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Positive Madden '07 posts only

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Agreed. Imo this isn't a free speech issue, it's a question of common courtesy.

Hence the reason why I stayed out...... Oops.

I made this exact same thread last year and it still turned out to be a war. Its just impossible these days to discuss Madden without the occasional flamebait being layed out on the table.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #82
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
That about sums up my feelings regarding this game. Some promising things.

On top of that, with the slow trickle of info regarding the current gen version picking up a little steam, it seems like there's much to look forward to in those versions as well.
Hey sroz, I've been meaning to ask ya'. You're a Phins fan and you live in Toronto? Cool.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #83
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by re646
I'm not trying to be over-dramatic about this. I was only trying to remind people, specifically the dude who started this thread, the purpose of a message board. If someboady has a negative opinion about Madden, it's their right to post it, and it's the right of everyone else to respond. This whole "Only Say Good Things About Madden" deal is nonsense, regardless of what "side" you are on.

No, dude. It's true that certain people feel jaded by EA Sports, and will basically boycott any future Madden because of that feeling, but there are more than enough rational-thinking people who are upset with EA, well, because they haven't shown any innovation since becoming the exclusive game of the NFL. That's my biggest problem. And many people mistake coolness for innovation. The hit stick, the truck stick, vision cone, and percision passing are neat features with trendy titles, but they are not innovative features. Those concepts were introduced into football gaming long before Madden installed them. The only difference is that EA Sports gave those features catchy titles, which coincides with the company's hype-driven marketing scheme. That is what Madden has become - a hype-machine. The game makes it's money on the weight of the franchise's past success, and find ways to introduce old ideas as new and original. The game, for current gen, did not suck last year. In fact, I think they made some progress from the previous installment. But the next-gen edition was worse than anyone could imagine, regardless of how long they had to work on the game, and the videos that I've seen of this year's game hint very little improvement. Oh, except for that part about challenging plays. That sounds pretty awesome. Madden is always on the cutting edge, huh?

I'm not one of those mindless idiots who hate EA for no reason. I just happen to dislike the game, and the apparent track that the Madden franchise is riding on. And yeah, I'm going to rent the next-gen edition and give it a fair shot, but my expectations are very low.
Hey man, I was just kiddin around. I have read all of your posts and you have some legit points. I don't agree with all of them, but that's ok. I am looking forward to the game. Maybe it's b/c I didn't play it on the 360 last year, who knows? I take them for what they are worth--games. I can't expect a game to be so realistic, ya know? If that were the case, I would never play a baseball game. They all have their "fatal" flaws. It's like this other thread started today about the blocking feature. People are kinda bashing it saying that a lead block doesn't always flatten a guy. I know this, but the game isn't even out yet. How do we know? Either way, I hope you enjoy the game.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #84
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
Hey sroz, I've been meaning to ask ya'. You're a Phins fan and you live in Toronto? Cool.
Yeah, it's a constant battle with all the Bills fans around here, what with Buffalo being so close.

It may be weird, but the Fins are by far my favourite sports franchise. Not a big hockey fan, so the Leafs don't really appeal to me. Raps and Jays get love from me, but not the passion I feel for the Dolphins. I live and die with them.I remember watching my first ever pro football game on t.v. in 1993 with my uncle, who was and still is a huge Miami fan. It was love at first sight. Marino is still my favourite athlete of all time, and when my mom told me I can name my brother who was born in 1996, I named him Daniel. Corny? Yes. I don't care though.

One of my goals in life is to make it down to Miami and watch a game. I refuse to watch them in Buffalo. I want to get down to Pro Player and be part of the home crowd. I don't get anymore excited during the year than when training camps open, and I can surf the net for info about my Fish.

It's Christams for me.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:33 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 32

Grass look real good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #86
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Yeah, it's a constant battle with all the Bills fans around here, what with Buffalo being so close.

It may be weird, but the Fins are by far my favourite sports franchise. Not a big hockey fan, so the Leafs don't really appeal to me. Raps and Jays get love from me, but not the passion I feel for the Dolphins. I live and die with them.I remember watching my first ever pro football game on t.v. in 1993 with my uncle, who was and still is a huge Miami fan. It was love at first sight. Marino is still my favourite athlete of all time, and when my mom told me I can name my brother who was born in 1996, I named him Daniel. Corny? Yes. I don't care though.

One of my goals in life is to make it down to Miami and watch a game. I refuse to watch them in Buffalo. I want to get down to Pro Player and be part of the home crowd. I don't get anymore excited during the year than when training camps open, and I can surf the net for info about my Fish.

It's Christams for me.
Awesome man. I've lived my whole life here in Miami, so I bleed Dolphin teal. And of course, Marino is my favorite athlete as well (local hero down here). If you ever do manage to make to down here to a game at the newly renamed Dolphin Stadium (much better than Pro Player) let me know and we'll have a beer!! My Brother-in-Law's brother-in-law is the manager of a Publix that hosts a tailgate party, so we always have a great time before the games!!

Go Phins!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #87
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis38
Awesome man. I've lived my whole life here in Miami, so I bleed Dolphin teal. And of course, Marino is my favorite athlete as well (local hero down here). If you ever do manage to make to down here to a game at the newly renamed Dolphin Stadium (much better than Pro Player) let me know and we'll have a beer!! My Brother-in-Law's brother-in-law is the manager of a Publix that hosts a tailgate party, so we always have a great time before the games!!

Go Phins!
Dude that's awesome. I've never been tailgating, and that is something I'm definitely gonna have to do before I kick the can. If I ever do go down, I'll look for you here, and we'll make it a day.

All hail the great Daunte lol.
Go Phins!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #88
DickDalewood

OVR:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this thread didn't turn out quite as planned...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »