Home

mario williams

This is a discussion on mario williams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2006, 02:32 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: mario williams

Stop saying that he hasn't played a game yet. Thats the worst argument I've ever heard. With that logic Cedric Houston is better than Bush cuz he has gotten NFL carries and NFL yards. All I know is that he has all the tools to be one of the greatest RBs off all time. Just because he hasn't done anything in the NFL and the Saints coaches are too loyal to Deuce to start Reggie means absolutely nothing. Its impossible for him to have any carries or yards or tds cuz he hasnt played a f***ing game yet. Its not speculation that Bush has great, vison sub 4.4 speed, freak strength and athletic ability for his size, and has great awareness and vision. This is a fact and not anything that needs to be proved by playing an NFL game.

I don't see why you guys get so defensive just because some people have seen Reggie Bush and Williams play enough to tell the Bush will be a great NFL player and the Mario Williams takes plays off. These are facts and I shouldn't have to wait a season or two just to say that "I told you so."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
Stop saying that he hasn't played a game yet. Thats the worst argument I've ever heard. With that logic Cedric Houston is better than Bush cuz he has gotten NFL carries and NFL yards. All I know is that he has all the tools to be one of the greatest RBs off all time. Just because he hasn't done anything in the NFL and the Saints coaches are too loyal to Deuce to start Reggie means absolutely nothing. Its impossible for him to have any carries or yards or tds cuz he hasnt played a f***ing game yet. Its not speculation that Bush has great, vison sub 4.4 speed, freak strength and athletic ability for his size, and has great awareness and vision. This is a fact and not anything that needs to be proved by playing an NFL game.

I don't see why you guys get so defensive just because some people have seen Reggie Bush and Williams play enough to tell the Bush will be a great NFL player and the Mario Williams takes plays off. These are facts and I shouldn't have to wait a season or two just to say that "I told you so."
Yes...too bad that players in the NFL are generally faster, stronger, and better in the NFL than in College.

You can't say. "Oh just because he has had a great college career, he will automatically have a great pro career."

Because that is what you are saying. College and the Pros are two different things. Alex Smith will tell you that, hell even ya boy Bush will tell ya that because on that ESPN show "Hey Rookie!" He tells Vince "It is just so much to learn."

Yes there is a good chance he will be a good pro. But stop comparing him to the likes of great players and good players like Dunn and Faulk who have proven themselves at the pro level when Bush has not.

It is like saying just because you made good grades in Middle school, it is gauranteed that you will make good grades in High School. Which isn't true because the work is harder. That is the case here, just because you are a good college player doesn't make you a good pro player. You have to PROVE you are a good pro player so let him prove himself.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #27
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I did not "compare" him to Payton or Barry. I simply mentioned the FACT that those guys were undersized as well...and tore the league up. Im not a USC fan, nor even a Reggie Bush fan. I just think its funny how everyone hates on him, and pretends everything he did in college was merely "good". I dont give a crap if he flops in the NFL or not( i personally think he will be very successful), but you cannot deny his talent, or label him "not an every down back" before he ever takes a damn snap in the NFL.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Wow its the first Sunday of the season, and you guys are comparing 2 players that have only had 1 career game in their history.

Not to mention you guys are comparing Madden Mario Williams to the NFL Mario Williams.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
warrick dunn = reggie bush

STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD

Reggie is faster, stronger, more elusive, has better vision, and is more durable than Dunn. Bush was also by far the best reciever in the draft so please don't compare Bush to a player who is inferior to him in every way.
better vison no
Old 09-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #30
MVP

Im not saying his college stats = good NFL stats.

Im saying that his football skills will make him a good NFL player.

And I definately don't think a good college player will be a good NFL player. I'll be the first to say that someone like Vince Young who was great in college, will suck in the NFL and isn't suited to be an NFL QB.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:22 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

Out of curiosity, does anybody remember Mike Rozier? He was a heisman winner, first team all american, hyped like Reggie, and I bet most of you've never heard of him. He got injured and although he played in the NFL after that, he was never that great. This is probably due to the injury in his case, but you really never know whats going to happen. Even guys who HAVE proven themselves in the NFL sometimes fall apart early in their careers. Make up your own LaDainain Tomlinson/Michael Vick reference and put it here.

If Reggie turns out to be the next sweetness, of course this will be viewed as a mistake on the Texans part. But how many college players turn out to be the next Mike Rozier? They paid their money and they made their choice, and the truth is it's all a crap shoot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
Out of curiosity, does anybody remember Mike Rozier? He was a heisman winner, first team all american, hyped like Reggie, and I bet most of you've never heard of him. He got injured and although he played in the NFL after that, he was never that great. This is probably due to the injury in his case, but you really never know whats going to happen. Even guys who HAVE proven themselves in the NFL sometimes fall apart early in their careers. Make up your own LaDainain Tomlinson/Michael Vick reference and put it here.

If Reggie turns out to be the next sweetness, of course this will be viewed as a mistake on the Texans part. But how many college players turn out to be the next Mike Rozier? They paid their money and they made their choice, and the truth is it's all a crap shoot.
Good post because you tell the truth. It is truly a crap shoot, because some teams find guys who should have been drafted WAY higher (Tom Brady) and some times guys bust and just don't cut it in the League. The thing is, it really takes more time to tell, some guys take longer to develop, some guys start off hot and slow down, and some guys just stay consistent whether that is good or bad depending on the stats. I mean, some people were ready to call A.Smith a bust, but eh today he did a pretty good job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »