Home

mario williams

This is a discussion on mario williams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: mario williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
warrick dunn = reggie bush

STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD

Reggie is faster, stronger, more elusive, has better vision, and is more durable than Dunn. Bush was also by far the best reciever in the draft so please don't compare Bush to a player who is inferior to him in every way.
No that's the dumbest reply I've ever read. Bush may be stronger....need to look up some combine numbers. Faster? Please. Elusive? So is Peter Warrick. Look what happened to him. Bush will be a good back but don't expect 1300 yard seasons from him on a consistent basis.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

You lose all credibility when you say that Reggie Bush is not faster than Warrick Dunn.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:31 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
Out of curiosity, does anybody remember Mike Rozier? He was a heisman winner, first team all american, hyped like Reggie, and I bet most of you've never heard of him. He got injured and although he played in the NFL after that, he was never that great. This is probably due to the injury in his case, but you really never know whats going to happen. Even guys who HAVE proven themselves in the NFL sometimes fall apart early in their careers. Make up your own LaDainain Tomlinson/Michael Vick reference and put it here.

If Reggie turns out to be the next sweetness, of course this will be viewed as a mistake on the Texans part. But how many college players turn out to be the next Mike Rozier? They paid their money and they made their choice, and the truth is it's all a crap shoot.
I don't recall Mike Rozier being as hyped as Bush. Rozier none the less was an outstanding player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #36
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
I don't recall Mike Rozier being as hyped as Bush. Rozier none the less was an outstanding player
Rozier also went to the USFL first before he signed with the Oilers...
Old 09-11-2006, 12:58 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
Rozier also went to the USFL first before he signed with the Oilers...
anyway, 12 games in. his stats are 16 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble. all games are played. his AWR is now at 39.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:06 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 8

Okay, maybe Rozier he wasn't as hyped as Reggie (I was 5 or 6 at the time, so my memories are vague...) But he WAS touted as the next dominant running back, and I'm not sure he ever had a 1000 yard season. He just sprang to mind because I loved watching the Oilers with their run and shoot offense. If they had a good RB, they'd have been in the superbowl. 35-3, it still stings! Ki-Jana Carter works just as well as an example.

So it's still a crapshoot. Everybody in the NFL missed out on Clinton Portis, he went in round 2. Joe Montana went in round 3. Terrell Davis went in the SIXTH round. Antonio Gates and Rod Smith weren't even drafted. (Gates didn't even PLAY football in college...) Maybe in 5 years we'll all be saying "If I were the Texans, I wouldn't have missed out on Reggie." Or maybe we'll be saying "How could everybody have missed out on Jerome Harrison?!" (just some random RB I looked up who went in round 5) We won't be saying anything about super mario because he's a DE and DE's get no love.

Okay now I'll pretend to be on-topic. I think Madden uses awareness as a way of controlling how much a player will improve. It seems like a player with low phsyical stats and high awareness probably won't improve significantly over the years, but a player with low awareness and great physical stats will. 37 though, that is a bit extreme....
Old 09-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
Blah, blah, blah....

But, if you actually watch a Texans' game, you'll already see the impact he has on the game.
Did you watch yesterday's game w/ the Eagles? The impact he had on yesterday's game was negative for sure.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:50 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey5
At least you're not a real NFL GM that passed up Reggie Bush to take him in the draft...

OMG is that bad Karma or what, you pass on Bush and lose Dom. Davis for the year. Decisions like that keep me from being a Texans fan
http://www.slamduncan.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »