Home

I am done with Madden..

This is a discussion on I am done with Madden.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: I am done with Madden..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
You're funny. I assume you meant "throw" and "max."
Um, wouldn't he have meant "make"
I trump you all, game over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 17

I see alot of people state that the PC version is the way to go however, I have both the Xbox and PC versions of this game along with NCAA 2007 on the Xbox.

The PC version is marginally a bit better but its still the same Madden with the same feel and issues that has been keeping this game down for years.

I popped in NFL 2K3, 2K4, and 2K5 just for a change of pace and the difference in experience and immersion is really staggering. Now this is not to say the 2K series didnt have its own issues with gameplay, but I do feel that 2K's game engine and foundation had much more potential and played a deeper more immersive game of video football.

My biggest issue with Madden is it's touch tackling engine that really doesnt have players really engaging each other physically. Players will very often make slight pixel contact and trigger these awkward open armed, superman style flying tackles that just feel so out of place. The sound effects of pads colliding sound more like over emphasised explosive door slams or car collisions

And Player attributes and ratings is really where Madden fails to create variety They simply dont generate enough distinction between players.
In 2K, receivers had run route ratings, had compusre ratings, ect. There was a much greater feel of distinction and unique strenghts and weaknesses between players which really added variety to your roster and gave you much greater levels of management strategy to work with. Some LBs had great run stopping skills, some were great pass rushers, some had better coverage skills but were inconsistent ....Some buckled under pressure, ect ect...All of this variety really shined thru in the 2K games that is simply not as evident in the Madden games

Last edited by Lisa_Bonami; 09-10-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
i see teenagers who cant spell ripping a product that is about 1000 times better than the stuff i had as a kid. we used intellivision football and you couldnt even through a pass OVER a defenders head. the word a lot is spelled using two words not one.

the game is fine. set the sliders to mae the game fun. simple.
Nice grammar DANO...
Old 09-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #28
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugblast
Um, wouldn't he have meant "make"
I trump you all, game over.
Uh... that's what I meant. Thanks Donald. hahaha
Old 09-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #29
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDC
i dont understand how u guys can play current gen. i played the current gen over a buddies house and realized that the current gen blows compared to 360. the current gen cant hold the 360's jockstrap.
In terms of graphics and some gameplay elements, sure...but the 360 version has inexcusable bugs and glitches, hardly any features, and no defensive AI that for me, it makes current gen the version to get. The franchise mode on the 360 is laughable compared to the current genversions. Heck, even the PSP has a better franchise mode than 360.

Add me to the list of people that are disappointed with the next gen 360 version of Madden. I really wanted this game to be good, but it didn't live up to the hype and I can only hope EA/Tiburon do a much better job for 08
Old 09-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I would have to disagree on this one. While you were playing Pitt. during the pans of the defense, did you not notice Porter or Hampton? Those look pretty dead on to me,not to mention Foote and Farrior.

I agree that a lot of players are dead on but players like Bledsoe not only dont look like him, his face is used as a lot of kickers. I also saw a Julius Jones "face clone" on another team. With the amount of stars who are dead on, it makes me wonder if some didnt get scanned and why a star QB's face would be used as a generic face for many other players.
http://www.slamduncan.com/
Old 09-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #31
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

They need to make NFL 2k5 backwards compatible. I was playing it on my brothers xbox the other day for the first time in almost a year, and was still impressed by the animations and smoothness of the game over anything Madden has done to this day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32

I thought more gamers would defend Madden next gen in this thread. I visit other Madden sites and I am reading the same level of frustration from gamers. I am enjoying the game but it is my change of pace game. My main game is still 2k5 with rosters updates and Finn's editor. I didn't think that after 2 years my next gen football game would be my change of pace game.

How long will we say "wait till next year"? I am concern that we gamers will never have online leagues or realistic player interaction from EA. The game we have now will be the game we have for the next 4 years. EA need more than just recycle features they really need to rebuild this game from the ground up. and I am not talking about better looking staduims.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »