Home

I am done with Madden..

This is a discussion on I am done with Madden.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: I am done with Madden..

What are the chances EA will repsond to our complaints. EA has the resources to make Madden the best game ever. I feel Madden play more like NFL fever than a traditional Madden game.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 29

I'm done too. After the 20th freeze I smashed the ****ing disc. This 360 **** is more of a headache than it's worth.

$400 ****ing dollars, and so far I've got 1 game on it that actually plays properly and doesn't freeze...
Old 09-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #51
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
EA has the resources to make Madden the best game ever.
I think the resources you mean are actually a problem for the EA devs, too many chiefs and too much politics make the focus of the game pull in too many directions and end up making alot of people disappointed in the final product because it doesn't seem as polished as it should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
I think the resources you mean are actually a problem for the EA devs, too many chiefs and too much politics make the focus of the game pull in too many directions and end up making alot of people disappointed in the final product because it doesn't seem as polished as it should be.

amen. I was thinking the same thing.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #53
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
What are the chances EA will repsond to our complaints.
If you're not concerned about the timing, 100%. There are only so many "features" they can add before the essentials are the only thing left.

Quote:
EA has the resources to make Madden the best game ever.
I still haven't checked, but another poster pointed out that the credits for 2K5 were longer than Madden's. Maybe they don't have the resources. Or maybe they have them and choose not to apply them.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:41 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
If only sliders could fix...
  • The lack of gang tackling
  • The lack of 3+ player interaction
  • Fierce tackles resulting from brushing against a foot, leg, hand, shoulder or any body part that miraculously brings down 200+ lb RBs
  • Suction blocking
  • Sticky blocks... specifically, DEs not being able to get up the field
  • Mario Running
  • Delay between pressing swat & the defender actually swatting
  • No options on what to challenge
  • Most players not looking anything like themselves
  • Cut scenes replacing walk up to LOS & eliminating ability to make adjustments if your opponent desires
  • Lack of refs/chain gang, FG nets...
...then I'd adjust them to make this the best football game ever. But sliders can't fix those things.

After 3-4 years of no Madden, I surprised myself by buying it this year. But I'm back on hiatus until Madden can add the above football essentials to the game.

I have to disagree with a few things you posted.

I've figured out that the Run Blocking Sliders don't have to be set high for the CPU to run or Pass. You can reduce those sliders and get off blocks pretty good to make tackles. By reducing the blocking sliders it actually gives less suction blocking.

You can reduce the Tackling Slider (Which is something I've explained so often) which doesn't really make the running game easy but much more realistic IMO because RB's can now break tackles but not at an alarming rate. They will show more animations before going down.

DB's actually don't need your help to play Pass Defense their ratings can decide how good they are if more people trust their DB's and quit trying to control all 11 players on the field they won't have a problem with the delay in swat button. In football if your on a team you can only be one guy yet in Madden guy's think it's realistic to try and control all 11 players then complain because they got a late reaction in a specific button. Well if you didn't switch in the first place maybe your player would have made the play himself. Why not trust your team like your are forced to trust your teammates on real team in doing their own job.

If I see a bad call on a fumble or catch I'm always allowed to challenge the play and 50/50 it goes my way......so I'm not sure what part of the challenge play process your not understanding.

FInallly player faces.....they have their helmets on all game. This seems to be a problem with all sports games too many people are worried about the faces of a NBA, NHL or MLB player in a video game. How does that really effect gameplay or relate to gameplay. Do you watch real sports and say let me check out how Marc Bulger, Derek Jeter or Carmello Anthony's face look when they are in action or are you paying more attention to the football, baseball or basketball once it's in action..........I still don't understand why so many people make such a big deal over another mans mug.

If those are things you dispute that convinces you that this isn't a good VIDEO AND I REPEAT VIDEO football game then maybe you should just watch the real deal every weekend and save your money until a company produces a game that is 100% perfect for you. No flaws, no glitches, beuatiful game faces and FG nets.

Peace!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #55
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

WAAAA, all of you knew the game was going to suck. You all were complaining about it months before hand. Yet, you still bought the game, Weak!
These threads suck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
WAAAA, all of you knew the game was going to suck. You all were complaining about it months before hand. Yet, you still bought the game, Weak!
These threads suck
Stop just stop. No need to incite people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »