Home

QB Stats Overrated on XBOX (360)

This is a discussion on QB Stats Overrated on XBOX (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: QB Stats Overrated on XBOX (360)

Well maybe that's why they let us INT alot of passes during actual gameplay to bring down the QB ratings....

Naw but seriously I haven't even started a franchise man and don't play even play more than 2 seasons at best.

But I can understand your beef if your long term franchise guy.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

LMAO ! QB's don't throw enough picks in simmed games in 2013 ??? Play the damn game.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Doesn't anybody think this is kind of a game killer???????
So now it's "kinda" a gamekiller? Sounds like you're bitching for the hell of it. Just play the game. They don't mean for you to sim 20 years in the future. Tell me, how does that affect your enjoyment of your franchise and the game?

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #12
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

First let me clear some things up since some people can't seem to understand what I'm saying. First to Heelfan71. I didn't say QB's don't throw enough picks in 2013. I said that I'm in year 2013. QB's don't throw enough picks per season. Also I do play the game.

Second to to SoMiss2000. I have been a member of this message board since 2003 and have never bitched before. I'm not even bitching now. I was simply informing fellow members of things I have noticed in the game. You say I should just play the game. As I stated above I DO play the game. I enjoy playing as far into a franchise as I can. What sucks is that I get good stats in the games that I play with my team but when you look at league leaders at the end of the year they are way off. You have to sim the CPU games so the QB stats are gonna be off no matter if I play or not. I guess technically I could play every game.

Again, if the info I provided helps anyone thats great. If somebody wanted to ask me a question or leave a comment thats cool to. I don't need people basically talking $hit to me because I let you guys know that I think there is a flaw in the sim engine. If you don't like what I said for some reason then click the back button on your browser.

Troy
Old 09-12-2006, 11:14 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well I haven't made it this far yet but based on the rules changes the NFL makes every year, I would say those are pretty accurate scores for 2013. Maybe EA has some inside knowledge. By 2013, the NFL will make it illegal to play zone coverage and the 5 yard cushion will be no more. Oh and no pass rush either. I can't believe these guys get paid so much money b/c my office job has more legal contact than the NFL these days. Just the other day, Terry Tate hit me from behind at the water cooler and there was no flag. When did the competition committee rule the water cooler in bounds? Maybe I'd be better compensated if I had to deal with the Burger King blitzing from 2 cubicles over. If the NFL trend of less contact continues, I'll be holding out for a multi-million dollar deal and sponsorship with BIC in 2013. I rarely make it 5 or 6 years before I grow bored with any franchise in any sports game so I probably won't encounter this problem. I just feel compelled to vent w/o piling on EA since I'm too tired to climb to the top of that pile. All this EA stuff is the number 1 reason why monopolies are rarely a good thing and since the NFL caused the monopoly I feel better about my rant being directed at the NFL and not EA.

Last edited by sentineles; 09-12-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #14
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Thumbs up Re: QB Stats Overrated on XBOX (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentineles
Well I haven't made it this far yet but based on the rules changes the NFL makes every year, I would say those are pretty accurate scores for 2013. Maybe EA has some inside knowledge. By 2013, the NFL will make it illegal to play zone coverage and the 5 yard cushion will be no more. Oh and no pass rush either. I can't believe these guys get paid so much money b/c my office job has more legal contact than the NFL these days. Just the other day, Terry Tate hit me from behind at the water cooler and there was no flag. When did the competition committee rule the water cooler in bounds? Maybe I'd be better compensated if I had to deal with the Burger King blitzing from 2 cubicles over. If the NFL trend of less contact continues, I'll be holding out for a multi-million dollar deal and sponsorship with BIC in 2013. I rarely make it 5 or 6 years before I grow bored with any franchise in any sports game so I probably won't encounter this problem. I just feel compelled to vent w/o piling on EA since I'm too tired to climb to the top of that pile. All this EA stuff is the number 1 reason why monopolies are rarely a good thing and since the NFL caused the monopoly I feel better about my rant being directed at the NFL and not EA.
You know what? You are probably 100% correct. Just like in Baseball with chicks diggin the long ball, in football they dig lots of TD's. EA is just ahead of its time.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:04 AM   #15
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
LMAO ! QB's don't throw enough picks in simmed games in 2013 ??? Play the damn game.
err you will only play your games.. the cpu teams will sim theirs.. :S
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

You know- I don't think this is a "game-killer" but I've noticed the same thing with CPU simmed QB's throwing 3-4 INT's a year total.

Not sure there is anything you can do about it though, because there are no sliders for simmed games.

Playing all the games would work in theory - but I'd never finish a damn season so I'm not sure if I'm into that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »