Home

anyone ditch 360 version for current gen?

This is a discussion on anyone ditch 360 version for current gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
anyone ditch 360 version for current gen?

or thinking about it. I dont know i like the 360 version. However it just doesnt seem to do it for me. I played the ps2 version at a friends house and it just seemed so much more polished (not graphically) the game flowed better to me and it just seemed more fun. Anyone else feel this way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #2
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: anyone ditch 360 version for current gen?

Let me start out by saying that the game play is very good on the 360. But my cousin has the XBox version and I like alot of the little tidbits that are in the franchise mode. While the graphics are no better the Madden 2006 for XBox it is still a fun game. Its a catch-22 for me because I think the graphics are to good to pass up on the 360 but sometimes I crave the flexibility of XBox's version(edit players, more franchise options, etc.) I guess i'm just to hard to please.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:37 PM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Let me start out by saying that the game play is very good on the 360. But my cousin has the XBox version and I like alot of the little tidbits that are in the franchise mode. While the graphics are no better the Madden 2006 for XBox it is still a fun game. Its a catch-22 for me because I think the graphics are to good to pass up on the 360 but sometimes I crave the flexibility of XBox's version(edit players, more franchise options, etc.) I guess i'm just to hard to please.
I feel exactly the same way. its the little things not in the 360 version that make me want to play current gen more. such as individual defensive audibles. just to name one thing. Im on the brink of buying it for the ps2 but its a hard decision for me to make. I just dont know if i can justify spending the money for essentually the same game. Furthermore i dont know how i will budget the time spent between the 2? huge catch 22 here.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Funny you should mention this. I had been thinking about starting a thread speculating if the 360 was even worth it this year. I mean really, glitches galore. Fatigue, the interception stat glitch, the defensive awareness progression glitch, etc. I REALLY want to enjoy this game, but the glitches are major enough to just completely kill it.

I bought the current-gen xbox version to tide me over until the fatigue patch comes out, but I'm thinking about sticking with it regardless. Yeah, it doesn't look as pretty as the 360, but the only glitch is the stats really, and even that is fixable.

I just can't believe they don't invest more resources in testing.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

first day it came out, i purchased 360, played it for a night, returned it on my lunch break the nextday, got xbx version..loving it..best most balanced version since '03
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I just can't believe they don't invest more resources in testing.
When people stop "Investing cash resources" in EA they will.

I am one of the investors, sad to say. I love football so much I will buy the game until it is totaly unplayable.

EA has shown me this year that they really just don't care. They have totaly checked out of the building. Just a pathetic effort by them.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #7
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelboy
first day it came out, i purchased 360, played it for a night, returned it on my lunch break the nextday, got xbx version..loving it..best most balanced version since '03
Man I agree 100%...This is the first year i didn't flat out buy Madden on release...rented madden 360 played for a week countless games and returned it..i just couldn't get into the whole featureless,no editing, no fatigue,hall of fame glitch, bad aI even on All-Madden.and countless other glitches that I encounterd did not do it fr me..i rented the x-box version and was suprised..it plays a totally different game to me!!...plus the features add to the realism of the gameplay...I play with the overhead camera so graphics really weren't a big thing for me..The animations and flow of the game just feels more natural and realistic for the current gen..... also the ability to save games in progress is a big thing for me as I have two kids at home that demand time..so I can't play 1-2 hour games anymore...
Old 09-14-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I ditched the 360 version and picked up the X-Box version and it has been the best decision I made on Madden. I really wanted to like the 360 version, but I just couldn't get over the lack of franchise features, the fatigue glitch, and the training glitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »