Home

Madden 98 intro.Can anyone find it?

This is a discussion on Madden 98 intro.Can anyone find it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Madden 98 intro.Can anyone find it?

I know Y'all remember the intro to Madden 98 when it starts off with the Madden crusier going on the express way to the super bowl. Then it pans around the stadium only to lead to inside. It then shows the Packers vs Patriots. Man those players looked cool but it was only CGI.

I searched all over the net but can't find anything...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 98 intro.Can anyone find it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I know Y'all remember the intro to Madden 98 when it starts off with the Madden crusier going on the express way to the super bowl. Then it pans around the stadium only to lead to inside. It then shows the Packers vs Patriots. Man those players looked cool but it was only CGI.

I searched all over the net but can't find anything...
I remember, but wasn't that Madden 97, they used pic of the same CGI players for the loading screen right.......

even though I used to play nothing but NFL Gameday back then, I used to love when you played a season on Madden.......There would be James Brown in the Studio for the PreGame in FMW, then right after that Madden in FMW giving you tips as the season progressed....it was fun....

*edit* I think you are right it was Madden98
Old 03-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I have Madden 98 PSX around here somewhere I think, although I remember the disc died and froze all the time at half time so I may have chucked it.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Madden 97, the first for PSX had the FMV clips every week to "break down the matchups". Of course it was the same clips every time you played that week but it was cool to see Pat (greatest announcer EVER) and John talking as if it were really happening. That and Madden being an overall great game in '97.

At least they tried to make the game have real life presentation.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can not remember the year, but it was before Madden got the license. During the tournament games at halftime they would show you clips--or a clip--of a couple of the games going on.

10 to 15 years later, I really didnt think those would have been the best a game could do to simulate being real...well, except for the gem of all football games...NFL2k5...presentation wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebels10
I can not remember the year, but it was before Madden got the license. During the tournament games at halftime they would show you clips--or a clip--of a couple of the games going on.

10 to 15 years later, I really didnt think those would have been the best a game could do to simulate being real...well, except for the gem of all football games...NFL2k5...presentation wise.
I think Madden 94 on SNES had that feature. They'd show you a game where one team was down by 4 points and on the 10 yard line with 5 seconds to go and you get to see how it ends. I always looked forward to those. Wish they'd add them in the games now.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 14

The Madden 9 intro theme, I am sat here singing it to myself right now. If I get the chance today I'll grab it and post it up online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »