Home

More Impressions...

This is a discussion on More Impressions... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: More Impressions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpandgold24
I agree. All three games compliment each other. Think about it
Ncaa 08 = future NFL players
Madden= current NFL players
All Pro= past NFL players
All Pro + Madden + Ncaa = a great, fun, and versatile experience
= one broke brotha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #26
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
The camera's definitely not the worst thing about Madden.
I don't know how many playable views a football game can have. I've always played on the default angle in every football game I've owned, I can't see playing any other way.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-30-2007, 11:08 PM   #27
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Do you guys think NCAA will have all the same things as Madden this year? Such as the double team blocking, RB's pushing the line and bouncing to the outside and the 3-4 man gang tackling? If so it will be really nice to see all of this before Madden.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The last part of this intrigues me. Why do you think he'll only get one year?
Just a theory. It seems EA/Tiburon switches exec producers yearly (or whoever it is that directs the focus for the year's game). Perhaps it's a process, where people are promoted from within and given the opportunity to place their impact on the series. I remember posting about this awhile back, where I wondered why the game's focus seems to vary wildly from year to year at times.

Was Ortiz really bad last year or was it he tried to implement what he thought best in the year he had available? Maybe he was on more than that, I don't know. As some are so quick to point out, the game sells more every year. So would guess it's not because the game sold less, or didn't receive the critical acclaim - IGN will roll over on command. Either way it's been my assumption that's part of the reason you see these flashy/splashy new features every year instead of a focus on the basics. That's why Ian Cummings has been refreshing. He spoke a lot to things that aren't necessarily back of the box flash - but did veer into that some, saying that they'll have these "wow" moments in the game.

Just saying EA/Tiburon makes a lot of curious choices, and there never seems to be one person you can go to for answers on a yearly basis. For example, I would've just assumed they'd have an actual lineman consulting/doing development on the game, but Cummings spoke to it like it was something new.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-30-2007, 11:13 PM   #29
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Do you guys think NCAA will have all the same things as Madden this year? Such as the double team blocking, RB's pushing the line and bouncing to the outside and the 3-4 man gang tackling? If so it will be really nice to see all of this before Madden.
Well they said that they were gonna have the gang tackling, the ncaa guy even used the exact same example of gang tackling that the madden guy did.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Just a theory. It seems EA/Tiburon switches exec producers yearly (or whoever it is that directs the focus for the year's game). Perhaps it's a process, where people are promoted from within and given the opportunity to place their impact on the series. I remember posting about this awhile back, where I wondered why the game's focus seems to vary wildly from year to year at times.

Was Ortiz really bad last year or was it he tried to implement what he thought best in the year he had available? Maybe he was on more than that, I don't know. As some are so quick to point out, the game sells more every year. So would guess it's not because the game sold less, or didn't receive the critical acclaim - IGN will roll over on command. Either way it's been my assumption that's part of the reason you see these flashy/splashy new features every year instead of a focus on the basics. That's why Ian Cummings has been refreshing. He spoke a lot to things that aren't necessarily back of the box flash - but did veer into that some, saying that they'll have these "wow" moments in the game.

Just saying EA/Tiburon makes a lot of curious choices, and there never seems to be one person you can go to for answers on a yearly basis. For example, I would've just assumed they'd have an actual lineman consulting/doing development on the game, but Cummings spoke to it like it was something new.
EA expected to sell more units of Madden because of their license deal. Madden sold ton of games but making a profit is harder because of these license deals. EA is clearly targeting the 2k5 crowd with these changes.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
EA expected to sell more units of Madden because of their license deal. Madden sold ton of games but making a profit is harder because of these license deals. EA is clearly targeting the 2k5 crowd with these changes.
clearly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #32
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Well they said that they were gonna have the gang tackling, the ncaa guy even used the exact same example of gang tackling that the madden guy did.
Oh ok kool. I hope so because I would hate for Madden to get all these great football features and the college game be left to next year in usual EA fashion.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »