Home

More Impressions...

This is a discussion on More Impressions... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: More Impressions...

EA could have made these changes last gen. The excuse of next gen hardware is insincere. One of their pr guys explain why EA takes out features just toreintroduced as new features few years later.

Here is the reasons why we see so many radical changes in this madden.

1. Madden need to move more units to justify their license deal

2. APF2K8 will take some market share and mind share

3. Growing anti-madden sentiment not only from 2k fans but from die hard madden fans.

I am hoping Madden continue to grow as a game because they gimped their product for last 2 years.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:37 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Oh ok kool. I hope so because I would hate for Madden to get all these great football features and the college game be left to next year in usual EA fashion.
I think PS2/PSP will have these new game play features.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:38 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
3. Growing anti-madden sentiment not only from 2k fans but from die hard madden fans.

this reaons above and moving more units are the resons for this wave of change IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2007, 11:44 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Oh ok kool. I hope so because I would hate for Madden to get all these great football features and the college game be left to next year in usual EA fashion.
For the first time that I can remember, both NCAA and Madden will use the same game engine this time around. Both will have their unique quirks of course (trick plays in NCAA, for example) but the NCAA devs used the same tools as the Madden guys this year instead of the usual year lag.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #37
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I don't know how many playable views a football game can have. I've always played on the default angle in every football game I've owned, I can't see playing any other way.
The camera issue seems to only be an issue for those players who do not own a HDTV...With the HD era there is only one angle needed and thats widescreen 16:9 ratio
Old 05-01-2007, 01:59 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpandgold24
I agree. All three games compliment each other. Think about it
Ncaa 08 = future NFL players
Madden= current NFL players
All Pro= past NFL players
All Pro + Madden + Ncaa = a great, fun, and versatile experience
You know EA is pissed that they dont have a game with legends like APF. Then you could put NCAA draft classes into the Madden, then take retired NFL players (like favre when he goes, etc) from Madden and put them into a legends game like a draft class and keep using them. Then all games would be linked and they would get triple the $. Watchout, EA might find a way to get exclusive rights to ALL legends and corner that market too!

...im not gonna lie, that would actually be pretty cool to do!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:04 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
keep in mind we are not applauding the finished product. we are applauding the things they are trying to impliment, and their focus for '08. it sounds like things taken straight from thier hardest critics.
Yep, understood Tee. I appreciate that they'll sometimes wash the dishes without being asked but I'm not going to overly praise them for doing something they should be doing in the first place. I appreciate the effort EA's putting forth and will give them credit where credit is due, but imo they don't deserve praise for finally doing things like getting players to not slide across turf, for example. I draw the line when they're trying to feed it to me like it's a feature, when other devs (pretty much every other dev) have done the same thing without putting fanfare around it or acting like it's some achievement. It's next gen, we expect to not see players walking like zombies on the 1st iteration, not three iterations in. Again, not trying to be overly harsh - just saying. Don't want to be made to feel overly appreciative for something that should've been being done in the first place

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-01-2007, 02:09 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 4

^^^ agrees with spankdatazz. these features are old to 2k player but not new for madden so maybe that's why they are hyping it. either like chuck d says don't believe the hype. i will believe it when i see it with the controller in my hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »