Home

Madden 08 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on Madden 08 Gameplay Trailer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 08 Gameplay Trailer

Sorry, just not feelin it. The player interaction still looks rough--making the gang tackles look bad. All in all it doesn't look much (if any) different from '07. Very little to go on, I know--but nothing in that short clip impressed me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2007, 06:43 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance
I dont see what looked so bad about the gang tackles.
me either. The trailer is fine, but I need gameplay footage.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #43
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

I'm really surprised by these responses. As a person that hasn't gotten this game since Madden '04, I think this version looks kick-*** so far. Color me impressed at the moment.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:45 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos24
maybe the gang tackles look like that because the person controling the defender was hit sticking instead of just doing a normal tackle.

im pretty sure all the gang tackles wont some big jarring hit coming out of no where to bring an offensive player down.

they were probably just trying to make the video look cool.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH

Funniest ish i've heard all week.

My man..My man....I remember David Ortiz said you could hitstick into a gangtackle last year on PS3 version. You know how many times a brotha tried doing it with no success?

Also you can't press "DIVE" and automaticly branch onto the tackle. You had to run near the ball carrier to start the gang tackle.

LOLOL @ They were trying to make the video look cool. Classic.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:52 PM   #45
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

I liked the mid-air collision, and i again at the wrestling gang-tackling. Cause frankly thats kind of what it reminded me of. I'll say though, there really wasn't anything bad in the video except for the player gliding. Everything esle looked good. Yet i'm still not feeling this game. Well with everything we've heard i feel like i wanted to see more. What i really wanted to see in the gang tackling was one guy hitting and the other guy wrapping up. You know one guy is wrapping up and someone esle comes and tries to wrap up or lay the big hit on em. I love that they mention that in the articles but i wanted to see it.

But it wouldn't be wise of them to show everything off. Especially when theres some form of competition out there. I'm wait and see what 2k8 has to offer before i make my decision on which one i'll purhase. At this point i'm nobodies fanboy

Last edited by marshallfever; 05-18-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2007, 07:21 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH

Funniest ish i've heard all week.

My man..My man....I remember David Ortiz said you could hitstick into a gangtackle last year on PS3 version. You know how many times a brotha tried doing it with no success?

Also you can't press "DIVE" and automaticly branch onto the tackle. You had to run near the ball carrier to start the gang tackle.

LOLOL @ They were trying to make the video look cool. Classic.
na seriously i dont even know though.

maybe they will fix all that malarkey.

i dont think anyone will really know how good the gang tackles are until we get more videos and reviews from game sites.

but you know
it cleary said it was a work in progress at the top so i guess that means that they are going to keep on working on it and make it better.

dont know and dont care since im going to buy madden anyway since ea has tricked my mind and forced me into getting it every year.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #47
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Damn this is a tough crowd I hope 2K8 gets the same treatment when those vids come out. This game still has over 5 weeks of development time a lot can change it that time.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

this guys has some hops!!!!

Nice hit put your spine into it!!

mid air hit, and yes he made the catch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »