Home

Next Gen Vs. Current Gen

This is a discussion on Next Gen Vs. Current Gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Next Gen Vs. Current Gen

So I have been going back and fourth between next gen and current gen and I am having a hard time deciding which version I like better. The D on current gen seems to be more effective (blitzes actually work and CB's actually make interceptions on bombs), but there are a few things I like better about Next Gen. The field on Next Gen is really large and just seems small on current gen. I also like that swating the ball down seems more effective on Next Gen. I was really wondering about what you guys thought about the differences between the two versions. One question did they remove rocket catches and bullet streaks from Next Gen...? I am thinking they did because the streak lob is much easier maybe to compensate for removing those glitches?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Next Gen Vs. Current Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
So I have been going back and fourth between next gen and current gen and I am having a hard time deciding which version I like better. The D on current gen seems to be more effective (blitzes actually work and CB's actually make interceptions on bombs), but there are a few things I like better about Next Gen. The field on Next Gen is really large and just seems small on current gen. I also like that swating the ball down seems more effective on Next Gen. I was really wondering about what you guys thought about the differences between the two versions. One question did they remove rocket catches and bullet streaks from Next Gen...? I am thinking they did because the streak lob is much easier maybe to compensate for removing those glitches?
I like current gen just for the defensive hot routes.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #3
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6

Don't you mean current gen vs. last gen?

North Carolina TarheelsCarolina PanthersCarolina Hurricanes Charlotte Hornets
Old 05-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

At this point I think Current Gen probably plays the best and is the best all around game. But I'm hoping this is the year where Next Gen finally makes the leap and surpasses what we used to have.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

I think current gen runs laps around next gen. I found next gen basically unplayable for the first two versions but I have hopes for this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #6
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

I have been playing some current gen and I am starting to like next gen more. It seems like in the past gen, interceptions are a bit too easy whereas in next gen, the db coverage seems to focus on swatting the ball instead of intercepting it..... now if they could just get fair play back in.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:56 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

for me it's one simple differentiator....current gen plays smooth and responsive, next gen is choppy and the controls are clunky. Although this summer looks like a great summer for next gen football.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Is the Xbox/PS2 still going to be called "current gen" 10 years from now? It certainly seems that way.

It's time to move on, folks. Xbox/PS2 is "last gen" and 360/PS3 is "current gen."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »