Home

Here are the Bears Weapons:

This is a discussion on Here are the Bears Weapons: within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2007, 09:24 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: Here are the Bears Weapons:

All the way back when the weapons were first announced Gamespot confirmed that players can have more than one.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...71097&mode=all

Quote:
To the game's credit, players aren't too narrowly defined by their weapon categorization. In other words, the truly elite NFL players can be noted as multiple-threat weapons. In fact, if you back out to the player menu screen in a game, you can see a player's top attributes and get a feel for how strong he is within each of these weapon categories. In the game, for example, San Diego QB Philip Rivers is known for his arm power, accuracy, and intelligence, all of which he can use to his advantage on the field.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
All the way back when the weapons were first announced Gamespot confirmed that players can have more than one.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...71097&mode=all

Good I was going to freak out for a second there.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy778
I read on a SportsGamer.com that the Bears have 14 players with weapons in Madden 08. It also stated that players wont have more than 1 weapon (I didn't know that). The confirmed ones are all ones I've seen in videos. Speculated ones are educated guesses.

Confirmed:
1. R. Grossman (QB)- Cannon Arm QB
2. B. Berrian (WR)- Speed
3. D. Hester (WR)- Speed
4. R. Brown (RG)- Pass Blocker
5. O. Kruetz (C)- Pass Blocker
6. A. Ogunleye (LE)- Finesse Move D-Lineman
7. T. Harris (DT)- Power Move D-Lineman
8. L. Briggs (OLB)- Brick Wall Defender
9. B. Urlacher (MLB)- Big Hitter
10. R. Gould (K)- Accurate Kicker

Speculation:
11. M. Muhammad (WR)- Possession Receiver
12. M. Anderson (RE)- Finesse Move D-Lineman
13. C. Tillman (CB)- Press Coverage Corner
14. N. Vasher (CB)- Lockdown Corner/Smart Corner

Rationale:
I believe M. Muhammad and C. Tillman will have those respective weapons. Vasher most likely will have one of those two weapons. Mark Anderson should have that weapon but he's not even technically a starter and he's only been in the league for one year so he may get overlooked.

I've seen a video where neither Bears safety had a weapon icon. Same with C. Benson, and A. Brown.

On an unrelated note, I wouldn't mind seeing "Special Teams Stud" as a weapon. The Bears (and many other teams) have players that are 2nd or 3rd stringers who shine on special teams coverage (Adrian Peterson comes to mind).

Let me know what you guys think about all of this.
I figure Mike Brown has that safety lable probably hard hitter since thats been his MO for his career
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I figure Mike Brown has that safety lable probably hard hitter since thats been his MO for his career
but I've seen a video showing both Bears safeties with neither one of them having a weapon and Brown has been injured so much lately that his attributes are probably lower.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »