Home

Madden Nation On ESPN2

This is a discussion on Madden Nation On ESPN2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #33
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden Nation On ESPN2

I watched like 2 minutes of one episode. What would really both me is when someone is talking trash AND getting either in my view of the game or in my close peripheral vision. I think my hand would flip up and smack the little weasels.

ESPN. You know, they have really been bugging me in recent years.
If they don't carry a sport (like the NHL for instance), it hardly gets any air time on Sportscenter. Ok, NHL may be a bad example because its popularity has diminished. I can remember when it was about the 4th major sport behind NFL, NBA, and MLB. Now NASCAR is ahead of it (I don't consider left turning a sport)

Here's a better example though. The lead on Sports Center Monday Night was NOT game 7 of the Boston Cleveland game, it was their coverage of Monday night football. It wasn't even a real important NFL game like Colts Patriots. That was because IMO they didn't carry that game, FOX did so it was their second or third story. Maybe others have a different opinion.

Also, personally I am sick of how they report more "gossip" now than real sports news. They focus way to much on crap like that now. For example, the part about Dr. Bus's daughter and Phil Jackson, etc. That is becoming way to commonplace now. I don't mind a little, but they go overboard.

Ever notice too, that they have certain analysts constantly on. Like that idiot who couldn't GM the Mets, Steve Phillips, or the ex-Viking QB who didn't play a whole lot in the NFL, Sean Salisbury Steak. These guys must live in Bristol at the studio. They have a little bed for them in the corner somewhere. They have become so in-bred. Ok, lets get an opinion from an expert, let's ask Steve Phillips or Sean Salisbury for the 50th time. If there not available we'll ask Mike Greenburg. I bet that guy used to get swirlies in the bathroom growing up (and liked it). Ok, my anti-ESPN rant is over. Anyone else feel this way, or totally disagree with me?
Old 10-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #34
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
I watched like 2 minutes of one episode. What would really both me is when someone is talking trash AND getting either in my view of the game or in my close peripheral vision. I think my hand would flip up and smack the little weasels.

ESPN. You know, they have really been bugging me in recent years.
If they don't carry a sport (like the NHL for instance), it hardly gets any air time on Sportscenter. Ok, NHL may be a bad example because its popularity has diminished. I can remember when it was about the 4th major sport behind NFL, NBA, and MLB. Now NASCAR is ahead of it (I don't consider left turning a sport)

Here's a better example though. The lead on Sports Center Monday Night was NOT game 7 of the Boston Cleveland game, it was their coverage of Monday night football. It wasn't even a real important NFL game like Colts Patriots. That was because IMO they didn't carry that game, FOX did so it was their second or third story. Maybe others have a different opinion.

Also, personally I am sick of how they report more "gossip" now than real sports news. They focus way to much on crap like that now. For example, the part about Dr. Bus's daughter and Phil Jackson, etc. That is becoming way to commonplace now. I don't mind a little, but they go overboard.

Ever notice too, that they have certain analysts constantly on. Like that idiot who couldn't GM the Mets, Steve Phillips, or the ex-Viking QB who didn't play a whole lot in the NFL, Sean Salisbury Steak. These guys must live in Bristol at the studio. They have a little bed for them in the corner somewhere. They have become so in-bred. Ok, lets get an opinion from an expert, let's ask Steve Phillips or Sean Salisbury for the 50th time. If there not available we'll ask Mike Greenburg. I bet that guy used to get swirlies in the bathroom growing up (and liked it). Ok, my anti-ESPN rant is over. Anyone else feel this way, or totally disagree with me?
I totally agree. I hardly watch ESPN anymore.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #35
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

LOL at all the tough guys in this thread , you dudes can't be serious about throwing hands over a little verbal abuse...

A healthy amount of trash talk during a game of Madden is good for the soul...Love the show...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 10-25-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #36
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
LOL at all the tough guys in this thread , you dudes can't be serious about throwing hands over a little verbal abuse...

A healthy amount of trash talk during a game of Madden is good for the soul...Love the show...
It probably would have been cool when I was about 13 but as an adult I think its just stupid acting that way over game IMO.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:34 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker

A funny thought came to my mind as I was reading some of the smack talk comments. I hate the smack talking, but the smack talking done by Vince Vaughn in The BreakUp was classic. "How do you feel about what just happened?"
LOL. "you see? You're guys are out partying everynight while my guys are out running routes.".
Old 10-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren

What you see on that show is not "a little verbal abuse". Getting in somebody's face and talking arrogant smack is a recipe for a busted nose. It isn't real football and these clowns aren't Joey Porter.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:14 AM   #39
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
I totally agree. I hardly watch ESPN anymore.

DOWN W/ THE 4 LETTER NETWORK!

Seriously...Their agenda is to create controversy...That's what they strive at doing and love.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #40
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus

That example is weak,unless the baseball game had already been over with. I believe ESPN can not show the highlights until FOX's coverage is over.
Though,I do agree that ESPN has been utter crap for a while now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »