Home

Madden lead producer leaves EA Tiburon (David Ortiz - Old)

This is a discussion on Madden lead producer leaves EA Tiburon (David Ortiz - Old) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Madden lead producer leaves EA Tiburon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
they are doing it to get their engine more exposure. You can count the games that use euphoria on an 80 year old shop teacher's hand. There's GTA 4, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones. Backbreaker is being made by natural motion to show it off in a noticable way, to hopefully spark that interest in innovation again. If natural motion can make a decent game of football with this engine, what could 2k or EA do with it?

Natual Motion obviously would have mentioned if EA or 2k picked up the license for their sports games, and neither will have it this upcoming year. I think that they wouldn't be doing this game if their license got picked up though. The thought though, is that regardless of who is in control of Madden, EA is fine with what they have and will continue to same path it's on now. People on this board may not like the game, but it sells enough to keep it the same.
Exactly, if EA or even 2K would have picked up the license, there is no way it wouldn't have been mentioned by now and Euphoria certainly wouldn't be putting in a bunch of time and effort to make a football game. They would be helping EA/2K make their game better.

Not to mention, if EA bought it, they would likely have the exclusive rights to use it in a football game.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #50
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

This is the best news the Madden franchise could've received other than something coming out saying the exclusive license was over.

Another poor year of Madden and I would've been in front of Ortiz's hourse picketing.

Instead I'm... AND...
Old 02-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #51
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
but the NHL and fifa games have competition. Madden sells well and anything trying to poke at it fails miserably. Blitz is nothing like it, and APF wanted to be a vanilla game to hope the nfl came back instead of doing their own generic thing properly.

I see no reason why EA will all of the sudden decide to change their flagship game drastically. It won't happen this upcoming year for sure.
I don't disagree. That's why I'm really pondering continuing to play some more 2k5. I'll watch the vids and try the demo, but I won't buy unless it's really different.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #52
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Ortiz is a really good guy I would never judge someone unless I meet them personally. I wish him well in his next position another thing Madden 09's direction has been locked in for a couple of months already so we probadly won't see that much of a change this year.
That's a very good point - chances are whatever the game is going to be has been set already. It's interesting Ortiz may have been frustrated with the "inner workings" of Tiburon, but from what it seems that's purely speculation. I did find it interesting that Ortiz has said he doesn't like the vision cone/plays without it, yet the last gen game forces you to play with it on the higher difficulty levels (straw that broke the back for me) while it's optional on Ps3/360. I don't know this new guy so it'll be interesting to see what direction the series takes. Whatever vision it is, it likely won't be realized for a few years

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Yep, they're probably already too far along in the development process for it to make a difference.
...unless theyve spent a lot of their production time coming up with a patch for Madden 2008.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadiplomat04
I just remembered the post Russell wrote back when Madden 08 came out. It stated that the producers of the game where having conflicts with other parts of the company. The producer were trying to put everything they wanted into the game from the get go, but the people that were higher up in the company prevented them from doing so. Now remember, Peter Moore is now in charge of EA Sports, Madden 09 will be the first year that he will be in charge of that divison. Maybe Moore had a hand in this decision, or maybe Ortiz really wanted to spend more time with family, who knows, but Ortiz was a good producer and I wish him the best at his next job.

No, no, no. You act like the game sucked because it was missing stuff...which is true but even the stuff that was in was f***ed. Just look at the create a team and tell me how much thought was put into it. In case youre not familiar with it, you have fewer logos, all uniforms look like they now have to be approved by under armour, but worst of all, after youve created a team, you cant simply re-access the created team file like you could on XBox. You have to re-create the team.

Plus, nevermind it being someone elses fault that owner mode, etc wasnt in the game. What about the fact that weapons were in the game before that other stuff. This game was garbage. It was SOOOOOOO poorly thought out.

He better go tend to his family otherwise his kid(s) might kill themselves with all the weapons laying around.

Last edited by yvesdereuter; 02-07-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
No, no, no. You act like the game sucked because it was missing stuff...which is true but even the stuff that was in was f***ed. Just look at the create a team and tell me how much thought was put into it. In case youre not familiar with it, you have fewer logos, all uniforms look like they now have to be approved by under armour, but worst of all, after youve created a team, you cant simply re-access the created team file like you could on XBox. You have to re-create the team.

Plus, nevermind it being someone elses fault that owner mode, etc wasnt in the game. What about the fact that weapons were in the game before that other stuff. This game was garbage. It was SOOOOOOO poorly thought out.

He better go tend to his family otherwise his kid(s) might kill themselves with all the weapons laying around.
Well then don't buy Madden this year. Your only one out of 10 million people who won't buy the game. LOL

PS- Why you got to talk about Ortiz's kids.....you took it to far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadiplomat04
Well then don't buy Madden this year. Your only one out of 10 million people who won't buy the game. LOL

PS- Why you got to talk about Ortiz's kids.....you took it to far.
If I had known owner mode wasnt going to be in the game after seeing EA said it would be, I would have not bought this piece of garbage.

So just because 10 million people buy it, that makes it great? I dont think so. EA is more marketing machine than video game company. Theyve made their business polishing turds.

And its not really for you to say I went too far on Ortiz's kids. Seriously, weapons were a horrible idea that he was selling in the lead up...yet the game was missing owner mode. Im glad he's gone. He should be at home playing video games with his kids, not ripping people off by making them.

Besides, its on them. If it sucks this year, Im not buying it and Im certainly not buying it early.

Last edited by yvesdereuter; 02-07-2008 at 11:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »