Home

OK, seriously, who cannot wait for this game??

This is a discussion on OK, seriously, who cannot wait for this game?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #65
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: OK, seriously, who cannot wait for this game??

It will not be perfect but I think it will be a good one for a change..I have seen a lot of footage and videos and from what i see it looks great..Player models , tackling and AI seem pretty good. But face it they have had years to perfect it, so we should have a descent game.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #66
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
wth... did i just see a pig fly by???????
nope man, just posting what I read.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #67
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Simulated stats have been re-done for this year. Phil talked about it in his Q&A session on the EA forums.
Yeah, I hope that it is. But I'm still concerned that our stats will be screwed up as the game seems to tuned to account for 5 minute quarters, so if you sim a game or to the end of the game it messes it up. Why do they think everyone plays 5 minute quarters? I kinda prefer 15 minutes. Of course it seems that then you score 12 touchdowns. Of course that goes to the "sim" player in me......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #68
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Yeah, I hope that it is. But I'm still concerned that our stats will be screwed up as the game seems to tuned to account for 5 minute quarters, so if you sim a game or to the end of the game it messes it up. Why do they think everyone plays 5 minute quarters? I kinda prefer 15 minutes. Of course it seems that then you score 12 touchdowns. Of course that goes to the "sim" player in me......
Another example of how EA tailors to the on-line/tournament crowd. I don't play 15 minutes but 5 is way too short.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #69
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Another example of how EA tailors to the on-line/tournament crowd. I don't play 15 minutes but 5 is way too short.
What's sad is that guys they call "hardcore" aren't guys like us. It's that crowd. The fansite guys and the tournament players.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #70
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
What's sad is that guys they call "hardcore" aren't guys like us. It's that crowd. The fansite guys and the tournament players.....
Exactly they think those guys are the hardcore guys. Tiburon needs at least 1 guy who frequents the Madden and NCAA forums over here during their development process.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #71
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Excellent point.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #72
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Excellent point.
It's just sad to me that they make tutorials on how to be good at Madden over on sites like Madden Planet, Madden Mania and SportsGamer that show the cheesy money plays and how to be a great Madden player. It's like they preach Cheese. Don't get me wrong I know guys like Pasta And RAC and all of them ask for the same things we do, to a point. But I still can't see them as having a cerebral approach to football and all of the nuances. Shoot, with the exception of complaining about the pick sixes still being in NCAA, I really haven't heard about any of the myriad other fine-point issues. We haven't really heard a lot of hands on with Madden yet, but so far it seems like another "Love In" with NCAA. I just wish that some of the Official Fan Sites would be honest enough to the fans of said game to call it how it is. You think that they would have more loyalty to the Community than the Company. But I will grant that the interception issue still not being quite right was addressed.

Maybe they aren't as blindly devoted as I thought. But maybe, just maybe they'll have the gumption to bend the ear that they have an avenue to and get some word that all isn't well. And maybe guys like Filicheeze (sp?) will continue to open the lines of communication where feedback can be shared with Football fans who want a fun realistic game. I still am in fear of the Peter Moore vision. Fun for all! Money from all! But it seems like Madden might have a middle ground that could satisfy both. I'm not a advocate of the boycott but really do believe that eventually EA will give Tiburon the OK to revamp after there is enough of both a drop in sales and outcry from sites like this. I do wonder this, though. How did both Fifa and NHL get funds to change their games? EA spent 30 mil on the new Fifa engine. Don't know about NHL. But where did Tiburons money go? Exclusive License? Was it spent on the "not new" game that was 06? Thats where my mind is boggled. Madden this gen doesn't play better. It isn't smarter, it is finally 3 years in animating better (thank God for NBA Street which is where they got the animation tech from, so did Fifa) and there are no real "wow thats NEXT-GEN!" presentation elements. And unless theres something that is still under wraps, that isn't really gonna change. Unless there is a virtual Chris Collinsworth in the booth with Mass Effect-level lipsyncing, its just more commentary track with pretty overlays masking the same boring black and white front end screens and no cutscenes and no celebrations. By the way, who in the love of God, decided that the whole EA Sports this gen would have that look at the load screens? Boring..... At least Fifa has Ronaldinho come through and do a trick before it goes back to black and boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »