Home

Anybody else pumped for 09?

This is a discussion on Anybody else pumped for 09? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Anybody else pumped for 09?

I love the new graphics makes the game more realistic.All the new weather effects,better player models,stadium lighting,grass,and how the players actually look dirty now.
I also love the new juke system where now you can string off a few moves that's real nice.
Better of all new commentary because the last guy sucked,I would like to get madden back for that old school madden feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2008, 02:33 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Anybody else pumped for 09?

I must admit...even though EA has disappointed me several times with their football titles. (So much so I wanted to play football after watching the draft...had all the motivation just couldn't do it.) Somehow...someway they get me pumped for Madden and NCAA(which isn't as big a disappointment, 08 was pretty good)

So yeah...I am pumped, I will pre-order, wait anxiously to get it, hopefully it will not disappoint this season.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:55 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 25

NCAA already looks like a pass for me, doesn't seem like they have done much at all this year. However if Madden's gameplay has been tweaked this year then I will get it because they have actually put forth quite an effort so far from what I have seen and heard. So Madden most likely, NCAA almost certainly not but I will rent it.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:30 AM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Im cautiously optimistic that it will be good this year but Im still waiting to hear what guys here say. EA never seems to touch the gameplay when touting the new version, or the stat engine as well, so I trust that the guys here will do just that and shine some light on the most glaring problems with this series, the gameplay.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6
Absolutely

Up until the past few weeks I was telling myself that there was no way I was going to get NCAA football 2009 or Madden 2009. That said however, after attempting to play both 2008 titles because of the hoopla surrounding the draft, I thought to myself there is NO WAY that I will be able to make it through til 2010 with the 2008 version of both titles. In my opinion they were that lackluster. The new commentary alone makes 2009(the colts new stadium too) intriguing. I know that is small in terms of the entire product but in addition a 60 fps NCAA football(with the incoming freshman) on the Playstation 3.

I rarely buy games in the 1st place and getting Madden and NCAA annually is almost a tradition. Looking for new updates and info peaks excitement and hope.

The countdown is on...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Absolutely

Online leagues (finally) has gotten me intrigued. The return of things like smart routes is also a good sign.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm pumped to see some footage.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm actually pondering the bundle. The stuff I've seen about Head Coach makes the bundle an interesting proposition. That, and I agree that NCAA really hasn't shown enough to warrant a pre-order/purchase of yet.......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »