Home

Idea for new kicking

This is a discussion on Idea for new kicking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Idea for new kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardashian
More realistic.. yes... having to dig deep into the manual to figure out how to kick... is a no no

i could see a lot of dumb people struggling to figure it out
Not IMO, the diagram is very confusing looking but I can see it working in my head and it'd take you all of about 10 seconds to figure out IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

I am all for anything that makes kicking longer FGs more of a challenge than hitting the XP....the way the game has been set up for the last few years there is literally NO difference between the mechanics and success rate of the XP and the same for a 57-yd game winning kick...
Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Just change it back to the Madden 2004 style...Good kickers have slow meters and bad kickers have fast meters... depending on their attributes.
Please don't do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

APF's system was extremely easy yet difficult to master.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #13
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Just change it back to the Madden 2004 style...Good kickers have slow meters and bad kickers have fast meters... depending on their attributes.
We are going to have an idealogical scrap. We're trying to get skill moves for everyone including the coach and get better more responsive controls than ever conceived in a videogame and you want to go back to a golf swing meter and stats? I'm gonna give you a wedgie! If my kicker misses because the rock, paper, scissors say I lose I'm mad. What we need is a workable control like the OP stated and have the "ice the kicker" change transparency based on attributes and, hold on, ball physics that account for field conditions and WIND! That's when the kicking game will be legit.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #14
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Frankly, I would like to see analog kicking done to ala NHL 08 style kinda. I believe APF 2k8 did this. It makes you feel more like a kicker. If you aim proper with the stick, you should be rewarded.

Perhaps what they could do is take off the kicking HUB and make everything work from the R stick. What I mean by this is when you pull back on the R stick, that's your power. The velocity you pull back (or how fast), and push forward will determine the force of the kick. When you pull back and push forward, it must be in the angle towards your aim. Meaning if you want to aim straight. Pull back and push forward straight the whole duration. If you want to aim right. Pull back angling left, and push forward angling right.

The skill level can determine how forgiving the system in. If your angles and power on the stick isn't exact, it's forgiving. However on All-Madden and even All-Pro, if you don't have a price angle that whole duration or good timing for the power. It can make everything go whack.

This would make kicking more interactive, challenging, yet simple.

Ratings will also be an impact. the better the rating, the forgiveness bonus you get or something to that degree.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

APF 2K8 did nail the kicking game. After almost a year of playing, 40+ yard field goals were still not a sure thing. hell, you could still miff an XP. I'd love to see that kicking system in Madden '09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 AM   #16
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
Frankly, I would like to see analog kicking done to ala NHL 08 style kinda. I believe APF 2k8 did this. It makes you feel more like a kicker. If you aim proper with the stick, you should be rewarded.

Perhaps what they could do is take off the kicking HUB and make everything work from the R stick. What I mean by this is when you pull back on the R stick, that's your power. The velocity you pull back (or how fast), and push forward will determine the force of the kick. When you pull back and push forward, it must be in the angle towards your aim. Meaning if you want to aim straight. Pull back and push forward straight the whole duration. If you want to aim right. Pull back angling left, and push forward angling right.

The skill level can determine how forgiving the system in. If your angles and power on the stick isn't exact, it's forgiving. However on All-Madden and even All-Pro, if you don't have a price angle that whole duration or good timing for the power. It can make everything go whack.

This would make kicking more interactive, challenging, yet simple.

Ratings will also be an impact. the better the rating, the forgiveness bonus you get or something to that degree.
I'm gonna tell on you on the EA board. The words 2k or APF should never be typed by your hands. But you did kinda clean it up with the NHL thing..... Also the leg strength should factor, if you haven't got the leg a full meter shouldn't matter.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »