Home

Madden NFL 09 Quarterbacks Analysis

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Quarterbacks Analysis within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 09 Quarterbacks Analysis

Richard Chavez checks in today with a take on which quarterbacks in Madden NFL 09 were hosed with their ratings and which ones must've paid money to EA under the table to get the ratings they did. Check out his take here.
Quote:
"For the most part, the guys at EA get their ratings largely correct. Every year, there are some suspect ratings that drive people nuts. For now, I’m going to take a look at the quarterbacks you’ll be playing with in August to determine if EA was right or wrong with their ratings. You’ll see which ratings are downright suspect and which quarterbacks made those extra calls to EA."

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP / NDS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Madden NFL 09 Quarterbacks Analysis

I agree with those....what I don't like is the rookies being rated so high though..

Last edited by Scott; 06-03-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

I think what they were thinking with the ratings was this:

Madden 08 was the first year they really attempted to keep up with the season with roster updates. I saw my Colts average rookie corners become mainstays in the league. At the end of the year I believe they ended up in the high 80's which was a long way from the low ratings they started out with. I think EA's past stance on rookies was "Let them prove themselves, have them suck until they do". And this stance was no more evident than in Lebron James Debut in NBA Live. He sucked so bad I couldn't even use him, I think he was like a 74 or something lol. I think towards the end of the season they got him up to like a 78, but still no where near his real ability. Now consider that with what they are trying to do with the roster updates online and you can see them giving the benefit of the doubt to rookies leading to smaller sways in the ratings upgrade. Basically by starting them out higher, it will be more natural to bump them a few points and get them where they need to be. And hey, if they do suck, say if Matt Ryan flops, downward progression can be swift instead up upward progression.

Cdon
Old 06-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Don't forget to mention the huge bump that Todd Collins got for playing well in only 4 regular season games and poorly in one playoff game. But as a skins fan I agree with you about Campbell's rating being really low. I thought that he was gonns be atlest an 86 or 87 in maddens world.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

QBs we'll be playing with in August? Please...some of us will be the Bears and will be using Rex Grossman.

...Oh, I get it now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

I think Madden's ratings are always inflated, and this years rookie crops are a little high, but you know, is there a potential ratings floating in there possibly to make it a bit higher than what we would expect? I have no problem with the ratings at all, you know, since they are based on what, like 20+ caterogories!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Those are some good examples of disparity.......its all conjecture my friend until they start playing the games

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #8
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

Although Eli doesn't deserve to be in the 90's for what he did last year in 4 games...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »